Welcome to Gaia! ::

Does anyone have Celiac disease on gaia? I am 15 and I do and I know it can be really hard. If people are interested in knowing more of the disease you can talk to me. I just would like people to learn more about this disease/disorder or maybe even set up a guild so people that have Celiac get support from other people who have it as well. I just want to know how many people actually have the disease on this site and maybe get to know some people who have it.
Whats that?
Just call me clueless and inform me.
I am perplexed. This disease is new on me.
KittensMittens
Whats that?

It is a disease where people cant tolerate gluten (wheat). So i cant eat cookies or cake or anything with wheat in it. It is ok to now know about it biggrin . Lots of people dont know about it. I have to eat special foods made without wheat (aka gluten free products)
Kostasi

wait...do you have the disease?
Brightside1
Kostasi

No, I've never heard of it.
Kostasi
Brightside1
Kostasi

No, I've never heard of it.

Oh well now you know biggrin . I just really like to inform people about it since I have it myself and it is really important for people to know about it cause I can be fatal if left untreated for many years...
Brightside1
KittensMittens
Whats that?

It is a disease where people cant tolerate gluten (wheat). So i cant eat cookies or cake or anything with wheat in it. It is ok to now know about it biggrin . Lots of people dont know about it. I have to eat special foods made without wheat (aka gluten free products)

Oh, a friend of mine back in 5th grade had that. I bought him gluten-free cookies every time we had a class party or something. Never knew what it was called. Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear you have it.
my borther has celiac and he is lacrose and tollerant. he got it whne he was like maybe 15 or 16 i dont really remember. so i know wat it is like.
KittensMittens
Brightside1
KittensMittens
Whats that?

Oh, a friend of mine back in 5th grade had that. I bought him gluten-free cookies every time we had a class party or something. Never knew what it was called. Thanks for the info. Sorry to hear you have it.

Oh well I am glad you did that for your friend. I know how hard it is at school when I had parties and such. I am sure your friend appreciated it a lot.
Doctors actually thought I had it for a few months,just recently....I had to totally change my diet; it was really hard. Now, though, they found out it's really just IBS...But,I know a lot of people who do have it...

4,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Regular 100

A good friend of mine was borne with PKU. Kinda the same thing, I guess. Just a lote more severe

Poor guy spoiled himself and hate a lot of cheese...
Was completely 'out of it' for a few days.
Often getting depressed, or suddenly zoning out at work.
It was very sad to see D:

But he quickly recovered from the over-dose on protein.
Gemini_Mind
Doctors actually thought I had it for a few months,just recently....I had to totally change my diet; it was really hard. Now, though, they found out it's really just IBS...But,I know a lot of people who do have it...

That actually happens a lot. Lots of tests when testing Celiac say some people do have it but they really dont. There is really only one test that determines exactly if you have it.

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I have non-Celiac gluten sensitivity. It's very similar, but since the antibodies in my blood aren't high enough, it's not called Celiac's disease. I still suffer from symptoms and have to watch what I eat. I recommend reading the book Gluten-Free Girl by Shauna James Ahern. It offers tips, recipes and advice from one woman's entertaining perspective.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff