Welcome to Gaia! ::

oh hey gurl y u no wanna talk to me is it bc im ugly?

yes. 1 100.0% [ 60 ]
Total Votes:[ 60 ]
< 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 22 23 24 > >>

SamaSenseiSenpai

Women shouldn't have to look like s**t to not have people harass them, period. I shouldn't have to don a burlack sack to not have creepy men follow me down the street. The clothing does not excuse what those guys did. She's not even wearing a showy outfit, it's a normal t shirt and jeans. You're going to fault women for having large breasts and for wearing normal clothes? What the ********?

The same thing applies to women walking into those areas you named. Not only are we white, but we're also women. So yes we'll get mugged if we enter those neighberhoods, they'll likely add a side of sexual assault for us as well.

I'll do these bullet point style:

We are told that we HAVE to be tough: We're told that we have to be polite and quiet to everyone and never make the first move. You're told to be aggressive, we're told to be submissive. Two sides to the same coin, both sides don't profit from it.

the child-support scam
: Is used to keep dead beat dad's from 100% abandoning their families, does hurt some men.

a man without a good job isn't s**t (women are always of higher value based on anatomy): Assumptions assumptions, no one thinks you're s**t if you don't have a fantastic job. My anatomy will actually keep me from getting some jobs.

men (white) are not allowed to discuss race or sex in public: Neither are white women, white people in general can't do this.

we get turned down for jobs (usually ones dealing with people/customers) based on not having "fat ********' tits: We get turned down for jobs for not being male all the time, people typically look at a women and assume that's she's incapable while people look at men and assume that they will get how to do whatever they're hiring for. Affirmative action hurts more people than just white males anyway.

divorce robberies (Mel Gibson paying $425 million, plus 50% of every check for the rest of his life): Alimony is not exclusive to white males, any male (or female if she is the one who brings in the most income) who supports his/her spouse the most and the spouse is unable to support themselves afterwards could have to pay that.

false accusations of rape that completely ruin a mans life.: This also applies to men as a whole and not just white men, false rape accusations don't happen nearly as often as real rape accusations anyway. Not denying that false rape accusations are a problem, because they most definately are, but the chances of you getting ******** with that are slim to none.

Men are more likely to succeed in killing themselves do to the methods they choose of carrying out the act. True, men are more often the victims of violent crime, just like women are sexually assaulted more often than men are. We'd rather look for a solution to our issues as opposed to swallowing a bullet, that's why. You'd actually have to be a member of one of these groups to understand the differences in how we're treated in public. Being treated like I'm incapable of finishing simple work by my own family and employers by account of my sex is not something I enjoy, nor is being treated like I'm a walking titty rack fun either. Having experiences with bad relationships with men I can also tell you that being treated like I'm inferior by my own partner was not a good thing. These things you listed as inequalities for white males all have special conditions attached to them that you could prevent them from happening, or you need to get divorced for them to occur. You're so blinded by your own privilege that you can't even see what women and minorities have to deal with.

There is no true scotsman, that's what happens when misandrist scum and female supremacists take the feminist label and make it their own. Assuming that I'm in support of such a thing is just blind, on top of that, I'm not a feminist, I'm just a person in support of women's rights. Period. I'm not against men, but I am against being disrespected by tons of people when I'm looking to get a job done and such because they don't think I'm capable. Men are assumed to be capable of doing things, women are assumed incapable and babied. You see that as privilege, I see that as an insult.
SamaSenseiSenpai

sitting cow
more s**t

You're an idiot and everything I said in first post completely overrides your bullshit.

woah dude it's like you're a poet or something

strong argument. way to really get a point across. rolleyes
Robotic Dream Weaver
What this lady went through is gross and uncalled for, poor girl emotion_8c
Those men absolutely do need to reform and learn what harassment really is, it would feel so unnerving to walk somewhere and deal with that.

I've noticed something personally though, I've barely ever had this happen to me my entire life. I hear girls talking about it all the time, they hate being catcalled and this and that. But men never do this to me. I'm overweight, could that be why? Is it because I live in Canada, or maybe I look really young? I just don't know.

It feels like I can't really relate, because getting catcalled on the street just isn't a problem for me. I empathize for girls like the one in the video here, of course, I just don't know what it feels like. It's a weird feeling. sweatdrop

You live in Canada, some men would probably try and then go "s-sorry!!!!!" afterwards. emotion_awesome

Seriously though, this is more common in poorer areas. Do you live in a rich neighberhood? Your weight could be a factor, but some men are into that. It really depends on if you fall under the cute chunky umbrella or the land whale umbrella.
Miragen
[.Ichigo-Chan.]
Miragen
Complimenting women, wishing them a good day, goddamn these men!
Also this is ******** new york city, and she isn't just an average looking woman, and she knows it considering the way she is dressed.

a tshirt and jeans? woah nelly, what a sloot, amirite?

Didn't say that she was dressed like a slut.

you implied it well enough.
sitting cow
Miragen
[.Ichigo-Chan.]
Miragen
Also this is ******** new york city, and she isn't just an average looking woman, and she knows it considering the way she is dressed.

Not really, no.
But if you want to prevent catcalling you could just put on a jacket or something.
Miragen
sitting cow
Miragen
[.Ichigo-Chan.]
Miragen

Not really, no.
But if you want to prevent catcalling you could just put on a jacket or something.

Plenty of women wear jackets and still face street harassment. What's next, "why didnt you wear a burka if you don't want to get street harassed?". That's where this is going if you keep using the excuse that the girl should have been wearing more clothing. Getting kind of sick of the victim blaming when the girl in the video wasn't even dressing slutty. You'd have an argument if she was walking around in a slutty nurse uniform that more dudes would notice (dressing slutty does not excuse people being shitty, but it does make you more exposed to it, and I get that) but she was wearing a normal t shirt and jeans. No argument.
The Ice Dervish
Miragen
sitting cow
Miragen
[.Ichigo-Chan.]
Miragen

Not really, no.

Plenty of women wear jackets and still face street harassment. What's next, "why didnt you wear a burka if you don't want to get street harassed?". That's where this is going if you keep using the excuse that the girl should have been wearing more clothing. Getting kind of sick of the victim blaming when the girl in the video wasn't even dressing slutty. You'd have an argument if she was walking around in a slutty nurse uniform that more dudes would notice (dressing slutty does not excuse people being shitty, but it does make you more exposed to it, and I get that) but she was wearing a normal t shirt and jeans. No argument.

Again, I didn't say she was dressing slutty, you can go one with trying to blame me for things I never said, but it won't make your point any more valid.

She SHOULD be able to dress like that, but knowing the consequences, you could choose to not dress like that and put on a simple jacket, or you can not and then be a little b***h about the catcalling afterwards.

If muscular guys start wearing tight shirts which show off their abs and whatnot they won't go down the street unnoticed either.

Celebrating Reveler

The Ice Dervish
Robotic Dream Weaver
Those men absolutely do need to reform and learn what harassment really is, it would feel so unnerving to walk somewhere and deal with that.

I've noticed something personally though, I've barely ever had this happen to me my entire life. I hear girls talking about it all the time, they hate being catcalled and this and that. But men never do this to me. I'm overweight, could that be why? Is it because I live in Canada, or maybe I look really young? I just don't know.

It feels like I can't really relate, because getting catcalled on the street just isn't a problem for me. I empathize for girls like the one in the video here, of course, I just don't know what it feels like. It's a weird feeling. sweatdrop

You live in Canada, some men would probably try and then go "s-sorry!!!!!" afterwards. emotion_awesome

Seriously though, this is more common in poorer areas. Do you live in a rich neighberhood? Your weight could be a factor, but some men are into that. It really depends on if you fall under the cute chunky umbrella or the land whale umbrella.

Honestly, I don't live in that rich of a neighbourhood, but I've never really witnessed my female friends getting catcalled, I guess it doesn't happen much around here?

And for the record, I've been told I'm cute chunky redface by my boyfriend mostly
Miragen
The Ice Dervish
Miragen
sitting cow
Miragen

Not really, no.

Again, I didn't say she was dressing slutty, you can go one with trying to blame me for things I never said, but it won't make your point any more valid.

She SHOULD be able to dress like that, but knowing the consequences, you could choose to not dress like that and put on a simple jacket, or you can not and then be a little b***h about the catcalling afterwards.

If muscular guys start wearing tight shirts which show off their abs and whatnot they won't go down the street unnoticed either.

It's heavily implied that someone is dressing too provocatively when someone says that they should have worn something over it or instead of it to avoid having people harass you as you walk down the street. The beef I have with this is that she was wearing a normal women's t shirt the way it is supposed to fit. Women's clothing is fitted, even women's jackets are fitted. People shouldn't have to (for men and women) cover up absolutely everything to include the shape of their body underneath to not get harassed. Again, people shouldn't have to don burlap sacks to not get ******** with outside. People should have enough common courtesy to not purposefully make people uncomfortable as they're innocently walking down the street. I've been mainly using women for my examples and such in this because the video is of a woman, of course men can face this too. I don't support blaming the victim for their clothing choices in either scenario.

The Kasuka's Prince

Sparkly Phantom

i broke a guy's nose one time after he threatened to kill me (and came at me) after i told him to back off after he touched my hips and said, "nice dress, b***h".

now i carry a knife and wasp spray wherever i go
Robotic Dream Weaver
The Ice Dervish
Robotic Dream Weaver

Honestly, I don't live in that rich of a neighbourhood, but I've never really witnessed my female friends getting catcalled, I guess it doesn't happen much around here?

And for the record, I've been told I'm cute chunky redface by my boyfriend mostly

Again, depends on the area. Big cities in general have it more as well. The video takes place in NYC, pretty much the loudest city ever, people there are so obnoxious even if they're not meaning to harass you lol.

Welp, then it may just be a Canadian thing. You all always seem so polite and good natured. That makes sense then, not going to make a judgement call about your body. I'll just say that if you fell into landwhale territory then your responses would be a little different xD
The Ice Dervish
Miragen
The Ice Dervish
Miragen
sitting cow
Miragen

Not really, no.

It's heavily implied that someone is dressing too provocatively when someone says that they should have worn something over it or instead of it to avoid having people harass you as you walk down the street. The beef I have with this is that she was wearing a normal women's t shirt the way it is supposed to fit. Women's clothing is fitted, even women's jackets are fitted. People shouldn't have to (for men and women) cover up absolutely everything to include the shape of their body underneath to not get harassed. Again, people shouldn't have to don burlap sacks to not get ******** with outside. People should have enough common courtesy to not purposefully make people uncomfortable as they're innocently walking down the street. I've been mainly using women for my examples and such in this because the video is of a woman, of course men can face this too. I don't support blaming the victim for their clothing choices in either scenario.

This woman went out onto the streets with the sole purpose to attract attention, i'm sure she thought twice about what she was wearing that day.
Even though I find the video pretty irrelevant since its a few minute clip where they claim its been 10 hours and hundreds of catcalls, even though they only show a few where half of them aren't even worth mentioning.
And like I said, people SHOULD be able to wear whatever, but if you know that it's going to attract attention of people on the streets in, what you would experience, a negative way, you could choose to wear something else instead to prevent this.
Now we can keep going back and forth that people should not have to cover up, but since there always have and always will be rotten apples on the street, it's something to consider.
Miragen

you have got to be trolling
sitting cow
Miragen

No idea since you removed my original message, no idea what I said and I don't care enough to look it up.
sitting cow
Miragen

Of ******** course he is.

That or he's an incompetent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items