Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey guys, so the last few days I have been at my moms house watching her cats as she is on vacation. One of the cats was laying on the bed with me the other night and when I woke up, there were orange stains all over the sheets. I was confused and thought she threw up or something. I called and asked my mom and she told me the cat is having a butt leak. So now wherever the cat sits or lays, she leaves orange diarrhea puddles. It's really gross. I have had to lock her out of all the bedrooms and now she in confined to leaving her leakage all over the couch. What the hell causes a butt leak?? Can I help her out???
I think a trip to the vet is in order. I mean, if this was a person you wouldn't let it go untreated, right?

Borg

I really hesitated to open this thread out of fear there would be pictures or video of the leaking kitty... eek

Anyhow, as freelance said, get her to the vet pronto. Yikes!

Lunatic

I work at a vets office (receptionist not tech or vet) and this is actually more common then not. It's diarrhea most likely, could be due to food or worms or even just not feeling well. I would definitly take the kitty to the vet as early as possible. With diarrhea comes dehydration and possibly loss of weight. They'll most likely just give the kitty some stuff to put on their food for a couple days and put her on moist food that is bland and easy to digest. I know it's not much help, but it's what any vets office will tell you.

Fuzzy Member

Your cat's gonna die

Hygienic Regular

I misread this as 'Cat is having a beak?!?!?'

User Image

Tipsy Browser

Possibly needs its glands squeezed... Really nasty process... But cleans it right up. My sisters dog was having the same problem.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Your topics always involve butts. It's... hmm. You have a very butt-centric life.

Hot Duck

Cat diaper.
Chalcolithic
Cat diaper.

Good idea.
Skataforeva
Chalcolithic
Cat diaper.

Good idea.

Remember to cut a tail hole.

Friendly Bunny

5,950 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Friendly 100
Take it to the Vet... NOW!
It may be an a**l gland issue.... but I'm no vet.

Aged Fatcat

Is she eating? Drinking water? Sleeping a lot?
Parvo seems to be making its rounds right now.
Otherwise there's a dozen things that could be wrong.
Allergy to food, parasite, worms.
She needs to see a vet, because it could be too many things. Hope she feels better!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff