Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you own a car thats completely paid off, do you need to pay insurance. I heard about liability but am not sure what that is.
I'm also curious to know about how much insurance is.

I'll be 18 next year and am thinking about taking drivers ed courses to help lower the prices.

Tell how old you are and how much your insurance is.
And what is liability? Is it cheaper then regular insurance?

[EDIT] I know you have to pay insurance, but I heard you can get liability (type of insurance i think) and insurance is cheaper when a car is payed off opposed to when its not
You are required to have insurance, at least if you live in oregon and plan to drive your car rofl

I'm 18. My car's paid off and I have insurance but I don't pay for it *grins* My daddy pays for it still.
That's about as helpful as I'll be. rofl

every single car on the road needs insurance or else you're getting towed the next time you're pulled over.
it depends on your age, your race, what kind of car it is, and what color. a white 18 year old male driving a red two door is probably as expensive as it gets.
teenagers are automatically charged more. two door cars are more and red cars it doesn't matter if it was painted over, the serial number will still say "red".

I'm 19 but I don't have a car.
Zaraphena
You are required to have insurance, at least if you live in oregon and plan to drive your car rofl

I'm 18. My car's paid off and I have insurance but I don't pay for it *grins* My daddy pays for it still.
That's about as helpful as I'll be. rofl

Lol I know you have to have insurance. But liability is a type of insurance, I think its cheaper then getting insurance for a car that isnt paid off yet
Omg, you are almost 18 and your asking about this...

Okay, Once you pay a car off fine.... It has nothing to do with Car Insurance. It can run anywhere in prices depending on who you are and what type of car you drive.

Car Insurance is in case you get into a car accident. I think you might hate to pay out of pocket for getting in a car accident to fix your car wouldn't you. Instead pay you flat fee and it's taken care of.

My insurance is higher because I drive a mustang GT and I have done so much to it and I race it. But it's a little lower because I am a girl ^.^
Insurance is good because if you get into a car accident then you don't have to pay for the other persons repairs, unless of course, it's determined no fault, because then you have to pay for your own repairs out of pocket.
If you are paying on a car, you usually have full coverage insurance, which is more expensive. Once you get it paid for, you can get liability insurance, which is cheaper. Its not fair cuz I have a modded Mustang too and dont race, but I still pay more cuz Im a guy T.T
Depends on where you live. Most places you HAVE to have insurance, but liability is acceptable as insurance.

Liability works like this: Say, you hit a truck, and it's you're fault. The insurance will cover the truck you hit, but not you. Make sense?

Now say, someone hit you and it's their fault. Their insurance will cover you. At least.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff