Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Friend

Well, my right hand for a while has been hurting. Not constant hurt, more like I had the pain but it went away and now it's back, kind of pain. Well, to describe my problem it goes simple as this.

I'm a vendor in here on gaia, so I spend most of my time in the Market Place buying stuff or "snipes" for short. So to acomplish this I have my hand always on the mouse and click, by doing this I think my hand could had been damaged or something. I do this a lot, so I don't know if it has any effects on it at all and it might be arthritis. But no family record of arthritis that I know of.

Here is a main problem with this, I have PE and I have to do basketball exams to pass the class, but I am right handed. Not being able to use my right hand because of the pain when I bend it it is impossible to throw the ball correctly. I ask if anyone knows if I should stop vending for a while and relax my hand so it cures or I should take an exam in the medic to see if I have Carpal Tunnel and need surgery. No experience in surgery before, so this kind of scares me.

Please help me with this and thanks.

Simptoms:

Not being able to bend hand down or back because of pain.
It cracks when I dislock my hand, yes I can dislock my hand a bit.
It hurts from time to time when I get the pain in my hand. I don't mean the whole hand, just the extremities of bending it.

PS: it is just the right hand. So I have my doubts it is Arthritis.

PSS: This doesn't just affect my PE class. I'm in an art school so I need to know how to draw and since I'm right handed this could affect my art career.
I'll add more if more are presented.
It might just be strained. I use to have that problem a lot but I laid off it and now it barely ever happens. Carpal Tunnel is a b***h. If it gets so bad, you have to get surgery to fix it.

Carpal tunnel occurs when a nerve, running from the forearm into the hand becomes squeezed at the wrist. Symptoms usually start gradually, with frequent burning, tingling, or itching numbness in the palm of the hand and the fingers, especially the thumb and the index and middle fingers. Some carpal tunnel sufferers say their fingers feel useless and swollen, even though little or no swelling is apparent. Pain radiating or extending from your wrist up your arm to your shoulder or down into your palm or fingers, especially after forceful or repetitive use. This usually occurs on palm side of your forearm.

I hope it's not that, but just try to take it easy.

Invisible Friend

Thanks for your reply. Now I'm sure it is not Carpal Tunnel. I don't get my hand numb and it is just the part where I bend my whole hand that hurts. If it is exesive use of the mouse I can stop. I don't have a cover under my mouse, just the wood of my desk.

For now it hurts a bit but I just can't bend my palm because it hurts a bit nd I just stop. If I end up doing push ups I can't do them but I might with wrist push ups. And I hope it passes like last time because right now I'm in the middle of an art proyect and I need to keep my grades up with it.

BUt for now it remains to be exesive use. What are the simptoms for arthritis? I just have to know because if it turns to be arthritis and I can't stop it I might end up loosing my years of taking art and making them worthless.
what it is when your hand(s) go numb? like useless for a while? confused

Invisible Friend

Kessalia19
what it is when your hand(s) go numb? like useless for a while? confused
Actually, for me it is just the right hand and it isn't usless. I don't get it numb at all, it is just not being able to bend it a bit nearer to 90ยบ since it hurts when I do so.

Invisible Friend

So far I saw the simptoms for arthritis. And I think I might have it on my right hand. Because it might happen the convertion to arthritis by the overuse of the carpos movements and they get wear away.

So this might be happening because I vend a lot and moving the mouse can cause over use of my hand movement and the carpos get overused and damaged.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff