Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

What do you think LD?
Should we be putting permanent criminal records on kids?
Should we give up teaching kids how to get along and just slap fines on them everywhere?
Do you think this would be effective in limiting bullying?
Do you think this is another way for the government to eradicate individualism from children?
Post any thoughts you have on the matter here.

User ImageUser Image

Tasty Titan

14,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Waffles! 25
Or how about we teach our kids how to stand up for themselves and others insteading of being whiney bitches?
Yudoku Shinfoni
Or how about we teach our kids how to stand up for themselves and others insteading of being whiney bitches?

How about we teach children not to be cunts?

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
My take on this is that its more about sending a message to the parents than anything else.

A lot of the time, bullying continues because the parents don't know its going on, or don't give a crap and don't correct the behavior. With really young kids, they're probably even less likely to care, chalk it up to "kids will be kids", and let it continue until it gets out of hand.

If the legal system thinks it can handle the extra load, more power to them. Parents need to be aware of their kids' bad behavior in and out of school, and should correct it before it turns in to something big. Maybe hitting them in their wallets and making them go to court will help them get the message.

I might be biased, though. I was severely bullied in middle school, lost all my friends, and my bully tried to get me to commit suicide. When it got to that point, I told my mom, who called her mom, who had NO IDEA that her child was treating other kids that way, even though she was well known as a bully in school.

Aged Girl

*shrugs*
Should we give up teaching kids how to get along and just slap fines on them everywhere?
*shrugs again*
We'll see in a few years.
Do you think this is another way for the government to eradicate individualism from children?
*shrugs*
Yudoku Shinfoni

So, what you want to do is encourage victim blaming?

Witty Humorist

- If they are harming others, yes.
- No.
- Depends. You do have some parents who will defend their precious snowflakes regardless of what they do.
- No? Lol what does that have to do with anything. Don't treat other people like s**t.

Dapper Pup

Maybe not for little kids or for just being little bitches to each other but middle and high school kids can be pretty ruthless. I luckily went to a school where everyone was just really shady and would only say things behind a person's back, but physical violence and harassment are pretty serious.

Also given that cyberbullying is already kind of a thing, it does make some sense.

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
At first I thought "******** yeah!" Then I heard it's going to be used against kindergarteners and I realized that California is just as retarded as Texas.

Also, really? RussiaTv?

Ferocious Pumpkin

This zero-tolerance bull s**t is out of hand. Suspending/expelling/arresting children is just... I can't even wrap my head around that! How can a person have their futures ruined before they can even legally have a job? Why aren't the parents being being held responsible for not teaching their children how to behave?

Bunny

Uhm.... hell no.

No, you should teach them how to get along. The whole fine thing would've been a good idea but the kids don't pay it, the parents do. The child will get bitched at by the parents about how they have to pay $100+ but once the bitching is over the kid will get right back to it and of course they won't care about a misdemeanor because they are in kindergarten and have no idea what that even is.

Hahahahahahahaha, no. Maybe for some children because some parents will actually set the kid straight but most kids would just shrug it off. So in the end, no.

Mmmm, I don't think so.
Rose Milk
Yudoku Shinfoni

About as ridiculous as the teach men not to rape and teach people not to murder and teach people not to do drugs campaigns.

The better and more realistic goal would be to teach kids how to deal with it if it happens.
This law makes way for extortion to happen on school grounds. "Give me your cookies or we'll tell Mr. Principal that you were bullying us!"
And bam, burden of proof is now on the 'bully'.
His record is now tainted and he has a fine.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Conservatism
Rose Milk
Yudoku Shinfoni

About as ridiculous as the teach men not to rape and teach people not to murder and teach people not to do drugs campaigns.

The better and more realistic goal would be to teach kids how to deal with it if it happens.
This law makes way for extortion to happen on school grounds. "Give me your cookies or we'll tell Mr. Principal that you were bullying us!"
What about dealing with it the same way we do murder and rape? By making it an act punishable by incarceration or fines?
Valtiel the Watcher
Conservatism
Rose Milk
Yudoku Shinfoni

What about dealing with it the same way we do murder and rape? By making it an act punishable by incarceration or fines?
I think that's not a great idea. Especially in this economy. A 250 dollar fine is thendifference between having a home or being ******** because your kid called some boy at school a whimp. Plus jail usually makes people worse by taking them to a criminal palace -- and you want to sent children there for schoolyard bullying, in the same place we put rapists and murderers.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff