Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
LD, are there things people have presumed you might like/enjoy/support because of something you're in favor of, when you could be opposed to the thing the person presumed you might like?

I guess one way to try and articulate this is like, if you consider yourself a big fan of something like metal music, and someone suggests to you to listen to something by Korn, and it's not your taste.

If that makes sense?

Anyway, what is something people suspect you like but you take them surprise at your honest revelation?
95% of anything hip-hop

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
That one dude who used to run around talking about Christian metal, then he listened to this ridiculous scream-o crap and the few words you could hear were about lacerations, evisceration, incineration... the works. Because that's totally what Jesus was about.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Just for the sake of answering my own topic, a friend last night was asking me about some of my interests, and when I showed him a picture of Lolita fashion, he was like "Oh, I bet you're a Venus Angelic fan."

I was like emotion_donotwant
People seem to think that because I like my dogs and cat and some others, I automatically like all dogs - yeahno; in fact, I don't like most people's dogs/cat for a whole slew of reasons. Same goes for kids - I like some, I'm good with most of them, so obviously I must like kids in general or because I've been babysitting to make some money, "you should go into childcare, you'd be so good at it" - again, yeahno; I don't have the patience to be around most kids for extended periods of time.
Because I'm female, in my mid-twenties, and my dog's name is Bella obviously I like Twilight - yeah, I've seen one of the movies because I didn't want to get bitched out for being unsocial, haven't gone anywhere near the books.
One of my aunts also seems to think that I know everything about dogs and cats because I have them.

On the other hand, most people are surprised when they find out I like rock music -I'm guessing they just assume I'd be more interested in pop or country or something-, specifically that I like Metallica (which doesn't really fit with the rest of the bands I prefer, I will admit)

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Toxilicks
Just for the sake of answering my own topic, a friend last night was asking me about some of my interests, and when I showed him a picture of Lolita fashion, he was like "Oh, I bet you're a Venus Angelic fan."

They're called ASSumptions for a reason. wink

Dapper Swapper

People assume I enjoy marijuana because I have dreadlocks.

I'm like "I don't drink, do drugs, or smoke weed. I barely even take tylenol."

or people assume I'm vegan because I have dreadlocks. "I eat chicken."

oh and don't forget that people think I love "techno" because I enjoy a form of EDM.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Alexander J Luthor
Toxilicks

I'm not sure if that's meant to imply if he was probably just being an a**. emotion_8c
He was being legitimate, I think. It's kind of like when my younger brother thought I'd be into Blood on the Dance Floor because he thought they looked kind of gothic. I don't hate them, but I wouldn't contribute a dime towards any future success.
Plus everytime I think of them, I honestly can't help but remember the good men at the Cyber Police station.

Blessed Cat

My family got me High quality mason jars because i smoke weed, but i guess there lucky that i was growing weed..................................................................

Blessed Cat

Divine Moment of Truth

oh and don't forget that people think I love "techno" because I enjoy a form of EDM.
I love how you seperate drugs from weed you mam are awesome heart

13,000 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Toxilicks
Alexander J Luthor
Toxilicks

I'm not sure if that's meant to imply if he was probably just being an a**. emotion_8c
He was being legitimate, I think. It's kind of like when my younger brother thought I'd be into Blood on the Dance Floor because he thought they looked kind of gothic. I don't hate them, but I wouldn't contribute a dime towards any future success.
Plus everytime I think of them, I honestly can't help but remember the good men at the Cyber Police station.

Ugh, I hate Blood on the Dance Floor. That main singer sounds like he's trapped in puberty, and they are none too good at writing their own songs. I heard a song once and thought it was pretty good, then I listened to it the next morning after finally getting some sleep, and I honestly thought it was a different group because I sure hope I wasn't high as a kite that night.

Dapper Swapper

Shinobi_The_Sky
Divine Moment of Truth

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Divine Moment of Truth
Shinobi_The_Sky
Divine Moment of Truth

Ooh I just noticed your photo in your signature, I like that lilac colour in your hair emotion_kirakira

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
People seem to think I'll like anything vaguely related to weapons or fighting.

Also get cheesy Halloween stuff a lot.

Dapper Swapper

Toxilicks
Divine Moment of Truth
Shinobi_The_Sky
Divine Moment of Truth

Ooh I just noticed your photo in your signature, I like that lilac colour in your hair emotion_kirakira

ahaha it was suppose to be white, but yaknow I fail at hair mad

Thank you though <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas