Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Shapeshifter

10,750 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Elocutionist 200
LateLily
Phenothiazines
I was rarely bullied by my peers. I wasn't exactly popular but everyone left me alone.

I was bullied intensely by adults throughout my teen years. I've been called stupid a number of occasions by teachers, parents of friends, my bosses, and counselors. I use to date a boy in high school who's mother constantly talked behind my back about how we should break up because I'm too dumb, will never amount to anything, incompetent, and so forth. My parents were sort of the same way except more passive aggressive. My mom would do my homework under the premise that I'd fail on my own.

I was told by teachers and counselors that I should not go to college and that I should repeat grades. I'd try to ask teachers for help but there was no point since they'd get angry and solve the problems for me without explaining anything.

It would have been nice to be bullied by students and not adults. A lot of those things said to me still effect me.

Yeah at least people your own age you can actually be better than.
Being bullied by someone older feels like they can just rip out your spine and you cant do jack about it because you have to "respect your elders".
Yeah I got a heck a lot of that too. So I moved out.

I never did understand that "respect your elders" bit.
I mean, what made them so special that they deserved my respect?

My daddy used to tell us girls "you aren't worth the powder it would take to blow our asses to hell".
In kindergarten I didn't know what hell was, but daddy made sure we knew what his gun was.
(the war kinda messed his mind up)

Anxious Bunny

8,725 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Signature Look 250
A Roman For Your Thoughts
LateLily
LateLily
If a very b***h like person is around me....I say names.
If someone pushes...I shove.

I don't tolerate people that suck.

A girl whored herself around the school...I made her feel so self concious she seriousl beleved she was fat and refused to eat anymore...

A girl helped a guy i know two time...I made her cry for 4 hours.

And what makes this all write some how.
They decide I am right and thank me after.

I'm a whore fixer upper??

neutral Seriously, OP?

yes?

How do you determine if someone 'sucks' and should not be tolerated?

Why did you care that someone was making herself sexually available to a number of people?

What business was it of yours that 'a girl helped a guy you know two time'? And how did this warrant your going after her? Why are you proud that you 'made her cry for 4 hours'?

Perhaps they told you that you were right because they didn't particularly want you to keep harassing them. It doesn't make it 'all write [sic]' at all.

Well I don't like people that just have sex for fun. I am created when things like that happen.
Two timing is disgusting. Sure he enjoyed it but I don't want to look at that. (That him happens to be my bf)
And if that makes me stop 'harassing' them it didn't work. I'm still blunt about everything.

Anxious Bunny

8,725 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
stormylane
LateLily
Phenothiazines
I was rarely bullied by my peers. I wasn't exactly popular but everyone left me alone.

I was bullied intensely by adults throughout my teen years. I've been called stupid a number of occasions by teachers, parents of friends, my bosses, and counselors. I use to date a boy in high school who's mother constantly talked behind my back about how we should break up because I'm too dumb, will never amount to anything, incompetent, and so forth. My parents were sort of the same way except more passive aggressive. My mom would do my homework under the premise that I'd fail on my own.

I was told by teachers and counselors that I should not go to college and that I should repeat grades. I'd try to ask teachers for help but there was no point since they'd get angry and solve the problems for me without explaining anything.

It would have been nice to be bullied by students and not adults. A lot of those things said to me still effect me.

Being bullied by someone older feels like they can just rip out your spine and you cant do jack about it because you have to "respect your elders".

I never did understand that "respect your elders" bit.
I mean, what made them so special that they deserved my respect?

My daddy used to tell us girls "you aren't worth the powder it would take to blow our asses to hell".
In kindergarten I didn't know what hell was, but daddy made sure we knew what his gun was.
(the war kinda messed his mind up)

Yeah I don't get that either. They should respect us. We ARE their future after all and will be the ones taking care of their old, decaying bodies.
LateLily
Phenothiazines

It's difficult to get support when the people who apparently provide support are also the ones knocking you down.

I moved out first thing after graduation but the damage still effects me.

Anxious Bunny

8,725 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
Phenothiazines
LateLily
Phenothiazines

It's difficult to get support when the people who apparently provide support are also the ones knocking you down.

I moved out right after graduation too. I still think "Gotta do whatever I can to make them happy" Because I would much rather work hard then have them flip their sht.
I'm still terrified by people. So I hate on them? Yeah that makes sense. smile

Anxious Bunny

8,725 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
LateLily
Well I don't like people that just have sex for fun. I am created when things like that happen.

That's not a completely irrational reason for harassing someone because they don't share the same outlook on sex as yourself. By the way, 'you' aren't created when people have sex for fun. Birth control does exist, y'know. As does abortion. neutral

Quote:
Two timing is disgusting. Sure he enjoyed it but I don't want to look at that. (That him happens to be my bf)

He two-timed and you didn't dump him? Why?
Still not a decent reason for going after a third-party.

Quote:
And if that makes me stop 'harassing' them it didn't work. I'm still blunt about everything.

Gosh, I'm blunt too. That doesn't make me a future harassment lawsuit waiting to happen tho!!!

I didn't say people like me are born every time people have sex. I just said I was a result of that.

He wasn't my bf at the time. That happened four years ago? We were just friends that snuggled at that time.

Also, harassment and bullying are two different things.
LateLily
Phenothiazines
LateLily
Phenothiazines

I moved out right after graduation too. I still think "Gotta do whatever I can to make them happy" Because I would much rather work hard then have them flip their sht.
I'm still terrified by people. So I hate on them? Yeah that makes sense. smile

I end up drinking constantly in social situations to distract people into thinking I'm just drunk and not dumb. I'm not quite terrified of people anymore because I understand that not everyone is out to get you but still, my self esteem regarding things that I was scrutinized for as a teen is always revolving.

I know what you mean about hating people. I'm not that aggressive in person but I can be extremely nasty to people online. I guess because it makes me feel as though I have something going for me in comparison.

Both my boyfriend and best friend were in situations similar to yours. They were MEAN to people growing up for the exact reason that they felt isolated and alone by family and other support networks. It's not all that uncommon but rarely do people talk about it.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

I wasn't bullied because I never let it happen. A lot of these people claiming to be 'victims of bullying' just seem to be weak and incapable of actually dealing with their problems head-on.

I was weak and afraid to deal with my problems, and I am not ashamed of admitting it because it's true. People are bullied because they're weak and afraid, Roman, that's pretty obvious, otherwise it wouldn't happen. Not everyone's strong enough to stand up for themselves when the time is required, and some people, like me, took years to grow enough courage and confidence to make things stop.

I didn't know what bullying was until I graduated from high school and people took the time to give a s**t about kids being harassed by others. Back when I was younger, the only thing people would tell you is to tell your teacher or to deal with it because kids are cruel and that's the way it's supposed to be. My family wasn't supportive of me either. They'd make fun of me and criticize me for the smallest things, thus burying my self-esteem deep into the ground.

Granted, people are not teaching their kids to stand up for themselves and instead they're sheltering them nowadays, but at least they're aware that s**t like that ******** up people long time.

Fashionable Shopper

User ImageI was bullied for pretty much everything when I was in elementary school. I was also sheltered so I never got the latest joke either. So often that led to being made fun of as well. Once on the playground in like second grade these girls had me run around the playground and wouldn't let me stop... they'd just chase me. When I stopped they'd taunt me more. Then I would get taunted for being small and skinny and so people would call me a "12 year old boy". Definitely made me self-conscious. I used to try to eat more than I could handle in hope I'd gain some weight. It usually just made me feel sick. So, here I am- still only 86lbs. Although, its been years since anyone has referred to me as a "12 year old boy" I still get really upset if anyone calls me any male word such a "bro", "brony", etc. I mean "guys" is acceptable though since its always something my friends have used to refer to all of us.

I'd definitely say that the bullying has affected me greatly. The only way I've been able to escape it was to essentially run away from it by going to a different school. I was terrified when I was told I must go to a public college. I thought I was going to be bullied there and run into everyone who has
bullied me before. Luckily I did not know anyone there and was able to make friends and even found a boyfriend. I still miss jokes and I sill sometimes cannot tell the between poking fun and being bullied....

I hate bullies. I think they should be stopped.
I wasn't bullied because I never let it happen. A lot of these people claiming to be 'victims of bullying' just seem to be weak and incapable of actually dealing with their problems head-on.

Rainbow Fatcat

Captain Jailbait
I don't have a problem with you retaliating/escalating against those who treat you badly. Some of the examples you gave were stupid, though. What does it matter to you if a girl sleeps around? And while it may be wrong for a guy to cheat, how does that personally impact you?

Agree with this.

It's cool that you stuck up for yourself. However then going around to sinking to their level to pick on others is wrong. It's none of your business how others chose to live their life.

I think you need help. It's just twisted to have pride in managing to convince someone to starve to death.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff