Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Humorist

I'm looking at these silly pics and i'm seeing a lot of people are giving the dog s**t for being a mixed breed cause its ugly and more dangerous and whatnot.

I find them cool...maybe i'm weird i don't know...the small eyes and weird head look funny to me

Discuss
Bull Terriers
How is mix breeding harmful?
This was a cool read
is stir fried stuff healthy?

Liberal Receiver

Controlled, or selective breeding tends to be harmful because plebs that lack the basic knowledge of genetics often will breed a mom and one of her pups - and do this many times - resulting in deformities, immune issues, and generally totally insane-pants.

I actually have less issue with out-breeding or mix breeding. But it's harder to control, so it's not done as much. I've personally had more issues with "Specialty" breeds than I have mixed or mutt breeds. But again, most of the small dogs I've met are horrid, and the big ones pretty chill - just super smelly.

Stir fried stuff can be healthy, but that depends on what you're stir-frying and how much oil you're using.
And how much you eat.

Invisible Humorist

Jason0690
Controlled, or selective breeding tends to be harmful because plebs that lack the basic knowledge of genetics often will breed a mom and one of her pups - and do this many times - resulting in deformities, immune issues, and generally totally insane-pants.

I actually have less issue with out-breeding or mix breeding. But it's harder to control, so it's not done as much. I've personally had more issues with "Specialty" breeds than I have mixed or mutt breeds. But again, most of the small dogs I've met are horrid, and the big ones pretty chill - just super smelly.

Stir fried stuff can be healthy, but that depends on what you're stir-frying and how much oil you're using.
And how much you eat.

User Image

Weird how when Bull Terriers started out, they looked strong and athletic. But now i would be scared if it hit his head
Bull terriers are actually the cutest dogs to ever exist.

Seriously, I hate dogs, but I would buy three thousand bull terriers if I could.

Fashionable Hunter

Eh, not a bull terrier gal. The head shape makes me feel uncomfortable.

Rottweilers and members of the spitz family for me.

Invisible Humorist

boob jiggle
Bull terriers are actually the cutest dogs to ever exist.

Seriously, I hate dogs, but I would buy three thousand bull terriers if I could.

their heads man...its something out of a Jurassic movie

Invisible Humorist

kakteed
Eh, not a bull terrier gal. The head shape makes me feel uncomfortable.

Rottweilers and members of the spitz family for me.

I like rottweilers. That would be the first dog i would search for if i wanted one...next would probably be a German shepard or a greyhound

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
the look like aliens.
my favorite dog breeds are big ones, like akidas, mastiffs, great pyrenees, siberian mastiffs are perf omg

i saw this beautiful rottweiler german shepard mix, im in love. the girl that owns it lives in the apartment below my brother, and one time i was visiting and she was just leaving to take it for a walk. It started growling and barking at me, i wasn't even scared even though the thing was huge. i just wanted to hold the thing, i was mesmerized emotion_drool

Timid Lunatic

User Image

It's not the shape of the head, it's the beady little eyes...I dunno, they just freak me out.

User Image

Invisible Humorist

Luna Legend
User Image

It's not the shape of the head, it's the beady little eyes...I dunno, they just freak me out.

User Image

lol they just look like something out of my imagination i guess...this is my first time seeing this breed

Timid Lunatic

GhostlyMark
Luna Legend
User Image

User Image

lol they just look like something out of my imagination i guess...this is my first time seeing this breed

User Image

They kinda remind me of those disproportionate faces from the "Scary Stories To Tell In The Dark" books. That's what it is. o__o

User Image

Fashionable Shopper

Ew those are ugly dogs.

I like Yorkies!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lavish Loiterer

People are ******** retarded, I swear. What makes a dog dangerous is the lack of proper training from their owners.

I was at IHOP the other day when I overheard a dad trying to explain to his kid that his son shouldn't blame big dogs for his past experiences. The kid was saying how only certain types of big dogs were "always" trying to attack him and the dad asked if his son if he ever did anything to provoke the dogs OR the dogs could have been poorly trained by owners who were unprepared for the breed they adopted.

Bull terriers may be funny looking lol but I think they have a certain charm to them that makes me want to hug their heads and baby talk them. whee

Greedy Giver

interesting bit of trivia:
bull terriers are lumped in with american pit bull terriers and staffordshire terriers
and its damn near impossible to get home-owners insurance when you have any of those dogs (and actually answer the ppls questions honestly lol)
when asked why they couldn't insure a home with any of those dogs, I KID YOU NOT- a representative from an insurance company- AND I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP- she actually said this- THESE WERE HER WORDS- im not even twisting them around to get her point across but THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT CAME OUT OF HER MOUTH when asked for an explanation:
because they eat children.

*flabbergasted*
*don't even know where to begin with how wrong that is*
*wanted to reach through the phone and strangle the stupidity*
well its a good thing I only have boxers emotion_awesome

as far as the mixed breading and aggression, the only thing I can relate to that is when I had rabbits:
I bred loads of them for meat, they were 'meat mutts,' mixing breeds is a good thing because of 'hybrid vigor,' they tend to grow fast and hearty
I also had some dutch rabbits given to me, which are a type of pet rabbit and bred for a friendly disposition rather than quality of their meat (and a very specific fur pattern but you didn't ask about that), and they're kinda small....
anyway, I had one big meat mutt mama rabbit (brunhilda, who was a b***h) and at one point the buck I was going to bred her with wasn't quite mature enough which left her dad (which probably would have been fine too) and a dutch
so little dutch/meat mutt bunnies were born (super cute, they had little white spots on their nose, one looked like it had a reverse-Hitler 'stache cuz it was white instead of black and I named it Adolf 4laugh )
ANYWAY there was only one or two in the bunch that were bitches like their mom, more of them were super-sweet like dad but the majority were a little bit wilder than him

when I bred dutch/dutch it was rare that I'd get one that acted like my meat mutts
when I bred my meat mutts w/ the hybrid vigor, who knows what to expect, except that usually a few are gonna find SOME WAY to get out of their cages...

so all I really learned from that is how coat pattern of the dutch comes through when breading with a solid-coat rabbit and that the temperament of the parents DOES affect the offspring in a rather noticeable way, more than I would have thought anyway (cuz like environment, but they all had the same environment)

Kitten

Ignorant people are the only ones that blame breeds for things like aggression. Reality is, it isn't the dog, it's the people who raise them.

Bull terriers are cute, they kinda remind of stitch.. "Though he was based off Boston terriers.. instead of bullies."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff