Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay. So I was watching Inside Edition and this girl in Britain won a beauty pagant. Instead of people being happy for her everyone cried out that she was obese and that she was a terrible role model, blah blah blah. WTF? She is not obese according to the body mass index...
BMI Categories:

Normal weight = 18.5-24.9
Overweight = 25-29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

At 5'10 and 176 lbs. she is 25.3

She is barely overweight.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I think society today is f*cked and has skewed ideas of what beauty is....what do you think? Btw, I am not saying that she is small...she has a big build. That does not make her obese though, and certainly not less pretty.

Is she pretty?
Does her weight matter?

Discuss.
Personally, I think she is really pretty. Society hasn't realized yet being a little overweight is better then being anorexic and dying trying to be beautiful. ;? Anyways, I think she's beautiful
She doesn't even really look over weight, just a little in her arms and face.

But yea, she's damn pretty.
~Is it any wonder I can't sleep..?

It really sickens me to see that society is like this.
The critics'd rather have a total stick figure winning, and setting an impossible standard for girls to stick their fingers down their throat, instead of someone who knows how to eat.
Besides, wtf
She's pretty!

...All I have is all you gave to me..~

8,450 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
    She's lying about her weight, or she's a very chubby 176 lbs.

I know people shorter and heavier than that, that are skinnier than that.

But she certainly is pretty, and it looks like she's got a great personality. I'm all for people like her winning more beauty pagents.
silkblade
~Is it any wonder I can't sleep..?

It really sickens me to see that society is like this.
The critics'd rather have a total stick figure winning, and setting an impossible standard for girls to stick their fingers down their throat, instead of someone who knows how to eat.
Besides, wtf
She's pretty!

...All I have is all you gave to me..~

well said, i totally agree

Sparkly Garbage

She's gorgeous, and so many people are shallow, narrow minded assholes. She's not fat, not in the least.
She really is pretty, and yes society is ********. I remember one season of America's next top model where there was this really beautiful Indian girl. Everyone called her the fat girl and kept getting on her about her weight, and got kicked off the show because of it! She was NOT fat at all, just a little bigger than the other girls. It was really messed up.

Tipsy Genius

I think this is the least shallow thread I've seen on the LD, and I'm actually very proud of this.

She is pretty, and just the fact she herself sees that makes it all that much better. Confidence=true beauty.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

User Image

Dolly Says:
It sucks society has such a twisted view on build and weight. She doesn't even look that overweight. She is a pretty person. I personally don't think her weight should matter that much.

User Image

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Relentless Glitch

She has a great face but not even black can do anything for her figure.
She's not obese, but her figure is far too saggy/curvy.
Bingo wings are disgusting, not pretty.
.x.st!tches.x.
She really is pretty, and yes society is ********. I remember one season of America's next top model where there was this really beautiful Indian girl. Everyone called her the fat girl and kept getting on her about her weight, and got kicked off the show because of it! She was NOT fat at all, just a little bigger than the other girls. It was really messed up.

I watch ANTM, and I remember that. It was completely ******** up. Don't worry, they have impossible standards. This season they're getting on a girl for being too small.

*sigh* that's our society. We have to be a perfect size two and 5'10", if you're bigger or smaller, shorter or taller, you're not pretty enough. crying

what does that say for me? I'm 5'0" and a healthy 145lbs (all my doctors say that I should never loose more than 5 lbs.) 3nodding but I'm not pretty enough for society. I swear I'd have a horrible self esteem if it weren't for my husband reassuring me that I am beautiful at least ten times a day. xd
Parallel 5th
.x.st!tches.x.

I watch ANTM, and I remember that. It was completely ******** up. Don't worry, they have impossible standards. This season they're getting on a girl for being too small.

*sigh* that's our society. We have to be a perfect size two and 5'10", if you're bigger or smaller, shorter or taller, you're not pretty enough. crying

what does that say for me? I'm 5'0" and a healthy 145lbs (all my doctors say that I should never loose more than 5 lbs.) 3nodding but I'm not pretty enough for society. I swear I'd have a horrible self esteem if it weren't for my husband reassuring me that I am beautiful at least ten times a day. xd
What happened to the good old day where super skinny people were considered unhealthy and having a little pudge was a good thing....
I've personally seen much prettier chunky chicks. more cushion for the pushin' if you know what I mean.

I've never been one to judge by weigh, it's personality. though I do prefer if the're smaller than the model above.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff