Welcome to Gaia! ::

Where have all the polls gone today? o.o

o.o My gosh, you're right. 0.67676767676768 67.7% [ 67 ]
POLL WHORE MEGA LOLZ XD 0.32323232323232 32.3% [ 32 ]
Total Votes:[ 99 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Protoplasmic_Peacocks
The clothing was beautiful, but really impractical for today. I'd prefer just victorian-esque to become more popular.

And I like my morals and music just the way they are, thanks.

And Emilie is already liked hugely...Just not on the main-stream level.

true.

I wouldn't be wanting to wear a corset every day & have to die an early death, thanks very much. Dx
& I love Emilie =DD
I'd love it > <
Aphrodine
No thanks. I'd rather not have to tie my legs together to prevent my skirt from ripping.

And I like breathing. It keeps me alive.

i agree.

and i refuse to wear such ungainly garments as this.
Vee Slayer
While some of the outfits are beautiful, they're not exactly practical in this day and age.

true.
I enjoy the later victorian period i.e. bustle/soft bustle clothing. Crinolines, while being more of the inspiration for Lolita and EGL looks, are too much like wearing a bird cage, and not as elegant as the draping that would go into bustle pieces.

Victorian clothing would not work in the fast paced world we live in nowadays, but maybe a more fresh interpretation, other then the Lolita thing, would be fun and add some whimsy to the fahsion world for now.

Hallowed Phantom

12,325 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Loiterer 100
  • Partygoer 500
i love the victorian style and that era. but its meant to stay in the past. i say let us goths take care of dwelling on the past in fashions such as the victorian. mainstream ways won't really blend in with the style very well....
The clothes YAY!!! the music no xp
I'm immediately forced to disagree with you, because you dissed the godly creature which is cardigans.

HOWEVER... I do like Victorian INSPIRED dress.

Your morals argument is a little weird though, because then women would have no rights and everything would be about propriety.
I've dreamed of the day when Victorian fashion comes back into style. Even the French Revolution fashion would suit me just fine.
As much as I like the clothes and the music, it will not bring back the morals.

Lets move forward, not backward.
Modern corsets wouldn't be bad. (Steel boning, not whalebone.)

By the way, you do not die an early death by wearing them. Who the hell told you that?
Uh, there's a lot of people who are a step ahead of you on that one...

But steampunk is more than just "victorian"... and way cooler.

As for the music... that never really went away in the first place. neutral

O.G. Dabbler

15,350 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Some Victorian inspired clothing would be fine, but I prefer to breathe and walk down a street alone without being called a slut... which is what you would have been.

little_sailor_jd's Significant Otter

Spiralatrix
Modern corsets wouldn't be bad. (Steel boning, not whalebone.)

By the way, you do not die an early death by wearing them. Who the hell told you that?

Modern Corsets are great, I wear them when I can be arsed/find the time to put them on. Its a two person job is getting into a corset. If you go extreme they can squish up your internal organs so you could I suppose get some problem from that. But not going rediculously small is cool. I mostly just go for a 2 inch waist reduction and I honestly don't need more than that anyway, but I'm tempted to go gor 4 inches.
For a start, lolita is influenced by Victorian fashion, but it is still far from it.

If you want Victorian culture to come back, be prepared for a strict social structure, women to be considered inappropriate for showing so much as an ankle and no freedom of religion, among other things.

If you want to go back to the Victorian lifestyle, be prepared to be a labourer in a factory or elsewhere, or else unemployed and not knowing how you will afford to eat and put a roof over your head, like most of the people living in the Victorian era.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff