Welcome to Gaia! ::

My boyfriend and I have been dating for nine months and in this time I've learned to tolerate a handful of his friends. He's much more sentimental than me, most of his friends claim that I'm heartless but that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the friends that don't even talk to him outside of school who somehow always have something to say.

For instance, today I was talking to one of HIS friends but he had yet to arrive. (Note: I had been texting him up to that point, I knew where he was and when he would arrive which is why I stayed. any other time I wouldn't have even looked their way without my boyfriend being there) But the entire time, the friend we'll call Tom kept staring at me and shaking his head as if I was wrong for talking! And then when my boyfriend arrives, Tom makes it his business to point out that he had arrived and acted as though I was suppose to drop my conversation with the other person and run into my guy's arms. I'm sorry but I don't operate like that. And after that, lucky me, I got starred at by Tom once again and he once again shook his head.

So have you ever had a situation like that?
Don't care much for your girl/boyfriend's friends?
How would you deal with the staring and head shaking? (I'm tempted to poke his eyes out, I just hate being starred at in general)
tell Tom to mind his own business
Boyfriend's friend's suck major a**.

Mine,his friends are immature assholes who encourage him to cheat on me,lie to me,go behind my back

And because of them, he has done some of it.=] Nice huh?

I tend to ignore and try to avoid contact with them, they hate me, I hate them.

Just tell him off.
I personally like all of my boyfriend's friends, with the exception of his best friend, whom I hate with a passion.
You know, maybe kissing my boyfriend -literally- right behind my back would do it. But, I digress.
Just don't give them the time of day if they're obnoxious like that. And, also, an evil stare.

Dapper Man-Lover

Megsie_Baby
Boyfriend's friend's suck major a**.

Mine,his friends are immature assholes who encourage him to cheat on me,lie to me,go behind my back

And because of them, he has done some of it.=] Nice huh?

People do things because they want to; not because their friends encourage them to. If he did those things, it's because he really wanted to and saw no real problem with it. Trying to blame their words for his behavior is just silly. That's like like running past your man and beating the hell out of his "girl on the side," despite the fact that you two don't even know each other AND he was the one that cheated on you in the first place.

In any case, boyfriend's friends can be annoying, but they're that way because they're protective of their friend. It's likely that they've seen him get hurt in the past and they don't want some "hussy" (not saying that you are, dear) coming through and screwing him over again. Then again, it may just be that they're possessive and, the way they see it, they've known him longer and feel that they shouldn't have to give up their time with him so that he can go off and be with you. It's silly and somewhat childish, but that's how those things work.

For the record, I like SOME of my boyfriend's friends, but there are several that I simply cannot stand. 3nodding
don't let a man f**k your life up

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Heh.
My boyfriend ex best mate.
Has tried splitting us up, a few times.
He tells my boyfriend I'm cheating and such things.
He seems jealous of me?
We have a mutual hate for eachother. =]

Another one of my boyfriends old friends,
Met me and tried getting with me(Before I got with the boyfriend) and we became friends..
Until the summer just gone..
He started to bullshit about me.

11,500 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hive Mind 200
Meh for me my boyfriend's friends are cool. They think I'm the cutest thing because I was so shy the first time I met them. The hard thing to deal with for me is my boyfriend's friend's girlfriends. gonk Try being the only American girlfriend out of all the Japanese girls. Cultural differences suck sometimes. sweatdrop But I seem to be getting along better now.

Invisible Conversationalist

9,950 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Brandisher 100
To be honest my boyfriend only has one person he even thinks of as a friend other than me. And I knew his other friend long before I met my boyfriend. He has a lot of people that he talks to few ever get to come over (he doesn't like people in his room touching his stuff).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff