Welcome to Gaia! ::

So I've often heard, on certain places on the internet (which will remain unnamed. ) that Disney princesses (amongst other media icons) portray a bad image of women and an unrealistic beauty standard for women and young girls. These people often say they want a more "body positive" and "realistic" image for a Disney princess.

I've often wondered what a body positive Disney princess would look like. Thankfully the internet is more than willing to help me in this regard, and I'm going to share with you what I've found.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

Hallowed Wench

What can you say, fatties gonna fat.

Aspiring to being a lazy lard a** isn't Disney princess like.

Tipsy Prophet

No but seriously there could be at least one Disney princess that is more of a "average" girl. EU size 38 or 40 isn't that big but I'm pretty sure no Disney princess is that "fat".

Bashful Businesswoman

I think an amputee princess would be pretty cool.

But I always roll my eyes whenever I see someone complaining about this. Like, do you honestly think a company like Disney would ever have a fat princess? Have you been paying any attention to the media and society for the past 20-30 years???
Dreamworks would be a more likely candidate.

Spoopy Kitten

Id love to have a curvy princess or an amputee princess
Bobby Hill is best princess omfg
This Is NoMercy

But I always roll my eyes whenever I see someone complaining about this. Like, do you honestly think a company like Disney would ever have a fat princess? Have you been paying any attention to the media and society for the past 20-30 years???

I thought Dreamworks already did with Shrek's wife.

Interesting Genius

I'm all for a fat Disney princess, and I love the disable princesses. But those images of fat princesses are kind fetishy confused

Demonic Ally

This Is NoMercy

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
i thought you only got 2 weeked?

Demonic Ally

Historically accurate princesses would be fat af because princesses didn't do jack s**t, just like the rest of the upper class back in the day.

Fashionable Shopper

That looks..... fetishy.

I like the idea of a disabled princess though. Nickelodeon created a wonderfully portrayed disabled character in Avatar: The Last Airbender named Toph. She was blind.
" Disney Princesses are all twigs made to adhere to a sexist beauty standard intended to indulge men. Normal women don't look like that, and this beauty standard shames heavy women and calls them ugly. We need more large and body positive women. "

* Makes them fat, opposite of said beauty standard. "

" These are clearly just fetishized tropes made for objectifying women and pleasing a certain subsection of men. "

Literally skinny women are unfair standards and sex objects. We need more large women.

Then you make them large, and the large women are just fetish objects because some men are into fat women.

I... I guess I'm sorry that men find women attractive at some level, and every type of woman is going to attract certain types of men?

Tipsy Sex Symbol

11,000 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
I'm all for an amputee princess, that sounds awesome.

Fashionable Shopper

Times Of War
" Disney Princesses are all twigs made to adhere to a sexist beauty standard intended to indulge men. Normal women don't look like that, and this beauty standard shames heavy women and calls them ugly. We need more large and body positive women. "

* Makes them fat, opposite of said beauty standard. "

" These are clearly just fetishized tropes made for objectifying women and pleasing a certain subsection of men. "

Literally skinny women are unfair standards and sex objects. We need more large women.

Then you make them large, and the large women are just fetish objects because some men are into fat women.

I... I guess I'm sorry that men find women attractive at some level, and every type of woman is going to attract certain types of men?

Instead of just making them fat they should be a bit more average then.
iVEZPA
I'm all for an amputee princess, that sounds awesome.

Kinda yeah, depends on how its done. If it is some sob story with a " oh poor pitiful me" theme, I'd be really disappointed.

But instead if you had like a bad a** soldier/pirate princess who lost a limb in an epic battle, and keeps a hook or peg leg and simply goes about stomping s**t left and right, that would be bad a**.

I'd actually love a Disney princess movie that instead of focusing on girls and the sort of things girls like, focused on boys instead, and had a badass female protagonist that simply kicked a** and took names the whole time.

But then it would be written off by feminists and the sjw crowd as being fetish fuel and whatnot, even if she wasn't typical.

You could make her like, missing an arm, flat chested, giant scar running down her face. Total badass. I'd still want to ******** her. Many men would.

I think this is a problem the sjw crowd doesn't realize. No matter how strong, independent, and outside of the traditional beauty model you make a female protagonist, men will still want to ******** her.

Bloodthirsty Carnivore

27,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Vicious Spirit 250
This Is NoMercy

They already did.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Dunno if her being an ogre is a good or bad thing as far as the body positivity message goes, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff