Welcome to Gaia! ::

I recently gave blood and even though it was such a simple act, I felt really good inside. Is there anyone else here who enjoys donating blood or their time or doing something nice for the community?

Ladykiller

User Image

I might become a blood donor but right I have no transportation to the blood thingies.

I do feel good when I help out other people though. sweatdrop User Image
im scared of needles...
i'm only 16 so i can't yet, but while i'm passing out i'll feel good about it

Intellectual Bookworm

7,790 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Friendly 100
I hope one day i will give blood, even though i might pass out or something it's all for a good cause.
Infact the year above me in school recently had a talk about blood donation and the school is trying to arrange that the blood donation vehicles can come to the school as many of the 6th years want to give blood. Unfortunately i cannot take part seeing as I'm only 16 and here you got to be 17 to do it.
although i hate/fear needles i gave blood for the first time about two weeks ago

i felt so amazing afterwords and i cant wait to give blood again

my school has blood drives about three times a year so i have one more year to donate :]

Ruthless Hunter

I donate cuz I'm young and I can make more blood. I always wanted to donate blood since was very young. I donate as soon as i turned seventeen. "97% is the chance you know someone who will need a blood transfusion" for me it my grandma that needs blood transfusion. "3 is how many lives one blood donation can help save", "2 seconds is how often somone in America needs blood." This are quotes from magnet that I have from the american red cross.
lol people there only a very small percent that you will pass out from giving blood. In the two years that have been giving blood, i have only seen one person become lightheaded with they stood up and of the people take care of her to make sure that she was alright.
Althrough I love the excuse that you need drink a lot of liquid!!! (eyeing a big fruit smoothie)

Wheezing Fatcat

My school recently had a blood drive... But I didn't donate. LULZ. I've never been poked in that area before so I'm scared. scream
I don't volunteer for stuff.
Unless I need to pass a class or something.
=/
I never get good feelings from volunteering.
Waste.
Of.
Time.
I'd probably do it if I got paid for it lol
I donated blood at my school.
It gives you a rush of giddiness.
But that comes after the dizziness and agony left from the blood loss.
xDD
I'm not allowed to donate blood.
******** up system.
There are a LOT of restrictions for blood donation. I barely make the iron count for donating, but I've donated blood twice. I was always really glad that I did it, although I passed out both times (while I was still laying down).

Tipsy Prophet

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
I wish I could, although I'm not allowed -_- I always end up going to the countries you're NOT supposed to go to. Lamefag.
I give blood around every 60 days. As soon as I'm eligible I start to look for the next upcoming blood drive in the area. I've done this ever since I turned 17. I'm straight, well over 110 lbs, nowhere near anemic, and I don't mind needles whatsoever. I feel like it's my duty, especially since my mom can't donate anymore. Before she became severely anemic due to health issues she was a lifetime donor, so I'm taking her place and giving whenever I can.

Plus, hey. Free t-shirts, stickers, soda, food, etc!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff