Welcome to Gaia! ::

For really deep ones...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Pretty pretty bacon
MsStarry
Pore strips are a waste of money D: But I've wanted to try the new proactiv blackhead dissolving gel. Anyone else try it? Does it work?

Pro active only makes acne worse for around 95% of people. Look up and read reviews- last I saw, there were so many complaints about cystic acne and various other issues that came after trying it. It can work, I actually do know 1 person who insists it all worked for her, it's just very rare for it to really work. I have never tried it, but my dermatologist advised against it for those reasons

Oh god, that proactive stuff is from hell. That stuff burned my skin so badly. I think I was in middle school when I tried that and I pushed myself to use it for a week and after that I couldn't take it anymore. That ******** toner you put on your face as the first step is just a bottle of green tinted alcohol. Putting alcohol on your face is so terrible because it destroys thin layers of your skin and messes up the PH balance and yet a s**t ton of store bought acne products still have that as its main ingredient. Like that's all the Neutrogena line is.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Kawaii Mimii
User Image

♫ ♬ ♪ ♩ ♭ ♪

SORRY IF WRONG FORUM

Okay so I know that there are these blackhead remover stips, I don't really know what to call them.
But from what I've heard they can be expensive?!
So I found these DIY on how to make your own, with gelatin and milk!

But I do have a question about that trick, like do you need to have a rather thick layer of it or a thin?
Because I did a quite thin layer of it and it didn't really work.

Mabye some of you guys have any better tips?! Please let me hear!

gaia_kittenstar

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

User Image

People get big holes from meat being taken out by using them, especially near the nostrils.

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
ive always had great luck with biore strips. its like a nasty little forest when i pull that thing off. just make sure its fully dry. i do one ever few months

as for DIY ones ive got no idea, ive never tried. but now you have me interested.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Plain Username
Wash your face twice a day and avoid touching it. You're just young and acne happens. You'll make it worse by taking the natural oils off your skin and by rubbing at your face.

Saying "just wash your face and stop touching it" is not helpful for those who get acne, especially really the bad kinds. Finding the right acne medication is necessary for preventing and treating it. And blackheads don't go away easily or at all from simple washing.
Lilith_Lilium
Plain Username
Wash your face twice a day and avoid touching it. You're just young and acne happens. You'll make it worse by taking the natural oils off your skin and by rubbing at your face.

Saying "just wash your face and stop touching it" is not helpful for those who get acne, especially really the bad kinds. Finding the right acne medication is necessary for preventing and treating it. And blackheads don't go away easily or at all from simple washing.
Unless you are diagnosed with a disorder, wash twice a day and don't touch your face. If you have a disorder diagnosed by a dermatologist, they will put you on a medication anyway. Don't act dumb.

Dapper Smoker

2,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I get them on my nose. I've tried the strips. It didn't work.

Moonlight Healer

Pore strips will help me but they have to be the more expensive ones (Biore is one). Use them pretty sparingly since they can be harsh. They'll also be more effective if you completely wet them to your face, let them dry completely, and then peel them off as slowly as possible up and away from your face.

Sparkly Vampire

9,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Plain Username
Lilith_Lilium
Plain Username

Unless you are diagnosed with a disorder, wash twice a day and don't touch your face. If you have a disorder diagnosed by a dermatologist, they will put you on a medication anyway. Don't act dumb.

Puberty isn't a disorder and people who get acne because of it won't be helped by people who don't have real acne problems telling them to just wash their face.
Plain Username
Lilith_Lilium
Plain Username

It's also important to note that if one does wash their face twice a day to absolutely apply moisturizer afterwards. Specifically one that is non scented. Washing your face that many times can strip away the faces natural oils and dry your skin out causing the skin to produce more oil and clog the pores making the blackheads worse.

And you don't have to have a horrible acne disorder to get a topical cream/medication prescribed by a dermatologist. Getting something specific to treat acne from a dermatologist can be very beneficial when something on the shelf isn't doing it.

Fashionable Kitten

I use Biore strips, sparingly of course, because your skin can get irritated easy peasy if you use it consistently. I also use mint julep masks, that helps a lot! I still have a good number of blackheads, but since I started that, it's been less and less.
Lilith_Lilium
Plain Username
Lilith_Lilium
Plain Username

Puberty isn't a disorder and people who get acne because of it won't be helped by people who don't have real acne problems telling them to just wash their face.
Puberty is normal and you will only take care of it by washing your face. If that doesn't work nothing will because it's puberty, unless you actually have a skin condition which you need to see a dr. for.
kelsey-chan
Plain Username
Lilith_Lilium
Plain Username

It's also important to note that if one does wash their face twice a day to absolutely apply moisturizer afterwards. Specifically one that is non scented. Washing your face that many times can strip away the faces natural oils and dry your skin out causing the skin to produce more oil and clog the pores making the blackheads worse.

And you don't have to have a horrible acne disorder to get a topical cream/medication prescribed by a dermatologist. Getting something specific to treat acne from a dermatologist can be very beneficial when something on the shelf isn't doing it.
I can agree to this.

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
I don't have acne but am plagued by large pores and blackheads. It runs in the family.
I use POND's cold cream and dry skin moisturizer every night
Supposedly PONDs clogs pores and makes things worse, but it has helped diminish mine
and it's gotten rid of the scaly, flaky dry skin around the edges of my nose during the winter
plus my skin seems more glowy and fresh
so idk, I just really prefer cold creams over harsh acne medication & astringents, or organic products that generally irritate my whole face.

note: I've heard charcoal peels/masks do wonders but haven't tried them yet

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces