Welcome to Gaia! ::

This is a bit of a controversial topic, but what are your opinions on black culture today?

*Are blacks starting to be treated equally?
*Is BET not the worst thing for black culture since lynch mobs?
*What needs to be done to make things better?

All those topics and whatever else you would like to bring up. Please be mature, I don't want to hear any chicken and watermelon jokes. I'd also like to hear plenty of opinions from blacks in America and blacks elsewhere.

Intellectual Mage

Its going from equal to opposite equality. There are so manythings that african americans can do that if a caucasion did it, its racist. If there was a WET, it would be concidered racist.

Take the new disney 'princess' Tina, she is the first african american princess, and was supposed to start off as a made or something, it was concidered racist, ignoring the fact that Cinderella and other beloved princesses had similar backgrounds and their is no problems about it.

I think Rap as caused a huge problem, hard to be respected when your paints are down to your ankles like some prison punk or gang newbie asking to get a**-raped. Thats what it means, but no one seems to realize that anymore and it send the message they are all punks, the prison term for someone's 'b*tch'. Is that really what african american males want to be known as? Not all of course, being general to point out a problem that does branch the different ethnic groups but is seen more in that one and of course possers.
i agree with EvilSilverDragon.
im part black but it seems like almost every black person i know is trying to be gangster or is a freakin' dumbass.then there are a few people that are black but aren't anything like that.
I'm tired of all of the double standards that our society has. Especially with the N word. Blacks can use it all the time on eachother and they think that it means brother or something like that, but the moment whitey lets slip the n-bomb in the presence of a black person, it's on like donkey kong. The president needs to come out on TV and come up with an end all definition for ****** so that we can all stop looking like asses. I personally go by the Boondocks definition, which is simply "ignorant sonovabitch". Therefore, you don't have to be black to be a ******. Ugly word, I know, but we're being mature here, I think.
I have no problems with black culture. I do however dislike the "gangsta" subculture that has been popularized. It's self-destructive and hurting the fight for equality.
it is definitely not equal. for white people that is. take for instance, i was suspended from school for one week because i said ***** to a black guy. i mean he comes walking down the hall to me and he says "waz up cracka." and i nod and say "sup *****. not much" next thing i know, i'm up against the wall and he's cussing me out. then along came mr. dean of students, who is black, and takes his side. what i don't see is why black people can call white people cracker or cracka and white people can't even say the ****** in the present of a black person let alone call them a ***** which has no meaning whatsoever.

Eloquent Bloodsucker

demon_panda_ninja
it is definitely not equal. for white people that is. take for instance, i was suspended from school for one week because i said n***a to a black guy. i mean he comes walking down the hall to me and he says "waz up cracka." and i nod and say "sup n***a. not much" next thing i know, i'm up against the wall and he's cussing me out. then along came mr. dean of students, who is black, and takes his side. what i don't see is why black people can call white people cracker or cracka and white people can't even say the n****r in the present of a black person let alone call them a n***a which has no meaning whatsoever.

That's what annoys me. I mean, I wouldn't use the term n****r. I know how offensive the word is.
And therefore I expect to be treated with equal respect. A racial slur is a racial slur. If you call me a cracka, I will get upset. And if you expect to call me a cracka and then get upset by the term n****a, then you are a hypocritical a** and you need to get the hell over yourself.
Sanguina-chan
demon_panda_ninja
it is definitely not equal. for white people that is. take for instance, i was suspended from school for one week because i said n***a to a black guy. i mean he comes walking down the hall to me and he says "waz up cracka." and i nod and say "sup n***a. not much" next thing i know, i'm up against the wall and he's cussing me out. then along came mr. dean of students, who is black, and takes his side. what i don't see is why black people can call white people cracker or cracka and white people can't even say the n****r in the present of a black person let alone call them a n***a which has no meaning whatsoever.

That's what annoys me. I mean, I wouldn't use the term n****r. I know how offensive the word is.
And therefore I expect to be treated with equal respect. A racial slur is a racial slur. If you call me a cracka, I will get upset. And if you expect to call me a cracka and then get upset by the term n****a, then you are a hypocritical a** and you need to get the hell over yourself.
agreed, also if a black person doesn't want to be called a ****** then just stop using the word damnit.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
demon_panda_ninja
Sanguina-chan
demon_panda_ninja

agreed, also if a black person doesn't want to be called a n****r then just stop using the word damnit.

and if you don't want to be called cracka, then do the same thing,
xP that way he knows you don't want to be called a racial slur xP
Although they're many blacks who fit their sterotypes, I have known many who of course are themselves. It seems that younger kids have to try to fit in so be sterotypical of their racial desciptions according to other people...<.<
DJ Twissta
demon_panda_ninja
Sanguina-chan
demon_panda_ninja

agreed, also if a black person doesn't want to be called a n****r then just stop using the word damnit.

that's alright, i never use the word craker or cracka unless refering to a story or talking about the little things you put cheese on

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
killerdoll-bites
Although they're many blacks who fit their sterotypes, I have known many who of course are themselves. It seems that younger kids have to try to fit in so be sterotypical of their racial desciptions according to other people...<.<

how young do you mean?
cause I know some young kids who are not afraid to be themselves and are nice, and just adorable :3

Eloquent Bloodsucker

DJ Twissta
demon_panda_ninja
Sanguina-chan
demon_panda_ninja

I have never, ever used the word cracka in relation to myself or any other person. The only time I ever use the word is to express my distaste for racial slurs.

I appreciate why black people use the n-word themselves, they can do that if they wish and I won't use the word. Even if I did use the term cracka, I would expect the same behaviour from them.

Invisible Consumer

9,000 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Signature Look 250
demon_panda_ninja
Sanguina-chan
demon_panda_ninja

agreed, also if a black person doesn't want to be called a ****** then just stop using the word damnit.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
There is a difference between the word "*****" and "******" stare User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x.Reina R.
Reina - Rainbow
demon_panda_ninja
Sanguina-chan
demon_panda_ninja

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
There is a difference between the word "*****" and "******" stare User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x.Reina R.
yes i know and a majority of the time i have heard the word ****** used, the only time i ever hear the word ***** used is when a white ganster says it

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff