New York 0.11016949152542 11.0% [ 13 ]
Minnesota 0.067796610169492 6.8% [ 8 ]
Vermont 0.076271186440678 7.6% [ 9 ]
New Hampshire 0.033898305084746 3.4% [ 4 ]
Utah 0.0084745762711864 0.8% [ 1 ]
Total Votes:[ 118 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 >

Invisible Humorist

I hear Minnesota is the Canada of the US...is this true?
Florida? That shithole of anti-culture where old white racists go to settle down?
No.

Hilarious Swapper

Stupid PA is better then all those places.
Pittsburgh is the most liveable city in the US and 3rd most secured
the Smartest city in the US.
5th most resilient city in the world

but then we have philly so it probably evens the greatness to nothing

Lucky Star

Why Juxtaposed
michigan

F that.
Michigan completely sucks economy wise, and living is expensive. Unless of course you want to live in the ghetto of Detroit or flint
Faerie Dreams
Why Juxtaposed
michigan

F that.
Michigan completely sucks economy wise, and living is expensive. Unless of course you want to live in the ghetto of Detroit or flint

nah it doesn't.

living is cheap and buys you more than most states.

Partying Prophet

Here's this too:

“Washington is one of only eight states where the average wage is in excess of $50,000 a year,” Barrington says. “However, Washington is the only one of those eight states where high wages are not offset somewhat by a high cost of living. Each of those other states has a cost of living at least 20% higher than the national average; in Washington, the cost of living is only 2.5% higher than the national average, so the state’s residents get the benefit of high incomes without an unusually high cost of living.”

In addition, Washington has no state income tax, so its residents get to keep more of those high salaries, he says. “Finally, Washington also got an above-average ranking in a Gallup-Healthways poll about workplace environment.”
Don't come to Minnesota, it ******** sucks here.
I love sociology. I've traveled and lived in many states. Credibility bared proudly.

California has the highest housing costs in the country, the laws are strict, and travels are long.

Washington can't say.

Colorado has high crime. Ever since marijuana was legalized, the only crime that has went down were the amount of Class D possession charges. Cold climate, lots of drug addicts, low & outdated minimum wage ($8 ), and the other laws aren't too impressive.

Florida is diverse. Southern Florida is packed with a lot of darker skinned people of various countries, like Cuba, Puerto Rico, Mexico, etc. The area is expensive, hot, rainy, and the laws are strict. Northern Florida is actually very perverse. Their behavior is similar to that of the "southern states" and contain a lot of teen pregnancy. Males up there generally expect women to put out, lesbians become straight, and my theory is that every person who has ever resided there has engaged in casual sex.

Minnesota can't say.

New Hampshire is actually pretty nice. The White Mountains are an incredible sight. Not a lot of exotic insects to be afraid of. No funky weather like tornadoes or hurricanes, but their thunderstorms can be heavy due to the projection of storms in that area. Their laws are very good, fireworks are legal for example. No sales tax. When something costs 99¢ it means you will get a penny back from a dollar, rather than having to dig for 7 pennies to add to that dollar. Not that I'm a fan, but cigarettes are cheaper. In MA it costs $100 for a carton of Newports, and $60 in NH. A tourist-heavy area, but I heard people actually live there.

New York you have to be more specific. Urban and rural NY are two very different places. The cities of New York are not only the most expensive places to live, but the people are sociopaths. New Yorkers do not care about anything. It's been stereotyped for years that their citizens are ignorant, careless, hollow. Store surveillance showed people walking by a dead body on the sidewalk for 12 hours before a tourist finally called 911. The rural areas are quite beautiful, but I have no experience with those parts.

Tennessee is hypocritical. I only have experience with the capital, Nashville. Upon arrival, my first day there I decided to head to a mall to look for a job and I was greeted with waves and smiles from people I never seen before. A very welcoming place. It's a very religious area, but again, hypocritical. At night, there is quite an abundance of child trafficking, drug deals, shootings, theft, all sorts of crime. Knoxville, Memphis, they're even worse. The cost of living is lower, as well as wages, their accents are easy to get used to and as long as you're religious then the rest is tolerable. If you have children, don't have any expectations of them if they live there.

Utah can't say.

Vermont similar to New Hampshire, but I like NH better.

I'd like to add a few other generalizations that are merely speculation based on personal experience, sociological analysis, and the basic collection of knowledge that's been given to me by citizens or former citizens of these states.

Pennsylvania is a place to avoid. The cities are poor, the rural areas aren't much better, and everybody that I have ever known from PA has been involved with drugs. This includes family. It's unfortunate, because I hear a lot of nice things but I can't confirm any of them.

Georgia has to be the most perverse state of them all. Aside from Atlanta's crime-packed streets, I've received this same generalization from multiple people regarding sexual offenses in the state of Georgia. Most of them are long stories, but let's just say it's not a place to go. Take my word for it - there is a lot of sexual abuse there.

Taxachusetts has some of the worst laws in the country. High taxes obviously, but also high prohibition. It's even illegal to buy sparklers over in MA along with gun suppressors, air horns, sulfur, and many other things. I guess that's why NH looks so good. They have the 3rd highest housing costs in the country, major traffic issues, low wages, high prices all around, a heroin epidemic worse than other states, and I even heard Cape Cod has a major child trafficking network that receives no attention from the law.

Dakota states are empty. Lowest population.

Delaware is mostly black. Dover especially.

West Virginia is the armpit of America. Don't even ask.

Michigan is a place to avoid. Lots of sex offenders, lots of minors doing drugs, alcohol, sex, but their laws are decent and the cost of living is fair. Bare in mind they're the owners of Detroit and Ann Arbor, two high crime areas.

South Carolina isn't bad. Loose laws.

That's all I got. I can only do so much in the 2.5 decades I've been here.

Invisible Humorist

Nurse Kipsie
Florida!

We're not all insane. It's just the media saying that to make California look good.
*eye twitch and drools from mouth*
We're totally sane!

sad I know right

Demonic Phantom

Massachusetts
User Image

Inuyasha's Fangirl

Rainbow Goddess

31,215 Points
  • Let There Be Color 500
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
New Yorker here. Temperatures are chill, we don't get any natural disasters besides the occasional hurricane that almost always shrinks down to tropical storms and there is a lot of diversity. Whether it's nationalities or environment, there is a little of everything. Farm areas, forest areas, city areas, suburban areas, rich hotspots, ghettos, beaches, and other random stuff.

But if you're looking for an affordable state, turn back now.

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
lol, nobody has voted for Utah
I always said I never wanted to live in California but now that I live here I don't know if I'll ever leave. I'm in LA right now, but I lived just north of Santa Barbara for a year and really want to move back. It's expensive, but I'm really happy here so I thin of it as an okay trade off. Plus some areas are cheaper, when you get out of the big city. I think I would also be really happy in Portland or Seattle too though, and I like Colorado.

People will b***h about the bad politics in Texas, and there's no denying that, but it's not a half bad state to live in. Texas is so close to turning to a swing state/blue state too. People are generally really friendly, the economy remained good even through the recession, there's no state income tax and housing and the like is pretty affordable. The weather sort of sucks though.
out of this list the only two states i have any connection with at all are Florida and Tennessee.
I used to live in Florida, Orlando to be exact and I liked it alright, but this one place in Florida, St Augustine was pretty cool and I'd like to settle in that place, since it seemed just like a cool place to live with a lot of history.
However, right now Tennessee is just an hour away from where I live and I love Memphis, so i dunno.
I'd like to live in either of those places.

Lonely Capitalist

11,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I know I couldn't be happy anywhere outside of california...... well I can't feel happy anyway but I am used to california.

pros and cons

1. Income
potential is high if you intend to work in the tech or entertainment industry.

2. Taxes
stupid high, and probably not going anywhere good or smart.

3, Weather
un ******** believable.

4. (Un) employment rate
Haven't checked it lately but probably not good

5. Housing prices
hah.... ha ha hah... HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHA!

6. Popularity of the place, largest cities
Hollywood? San Francisco? yep, some of the most well known and recognizable cities in the country

7. Crime rates
just stay out of east LA and you'll be gine

8. Culture
Some of my favorite things came out of here. styles, music, social clubs..

9. Lakes, rivers and seas (oceans)
.... the pacific ocean....

10. People
not a bad as people say they are

11. Politics (Republican, Democratic)
the cities are very very VERY liberal and the spaces in between the cities in which they're practically hilbilly.
12. Nature and landscape
beautiful...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas