Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Which Brand?

Neutrogena 0.38888888888889 38.9% [ 7 ]
Clean And Clear 0.44444444444444 44.4% [ 8 ]
proActive 0.16666666666667 16.7% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 18 ]

Which brand and product is the best for getting rid of pimples?

I have really dry cheeks and nose, but oily forehead and chin.

Also, I think my skin might be sensitive because when I use astringent on it, my skin feels so tight.

If someone could recommend a product for getting rid or red-tinted nose and jaw, it would be appreciated.
oh jeez :]
neutrogena is the best
it works all the way.
well it does for me.
and i had terrible acne on my forhead once.
used it and the acne went buh-bye!
Depends on who you are. Otherwise, FAIL.

Do not touch the nipples.

Dapper Man-Lover

My sister seems to enjoy Proactive and something called "Bare Minerals."

I've only tried Clearasil and it worked well enough for me. 3nodding
Use vaseline or pig fat...
Jesus, why do people only want to be using name brand products, like they work SO much better, because they are NAME BRAND!!!!
try drinking water, it does more for you skin than you probably are even able to think. 3nodding
...then again, that chick on the disney channel DID say pro-active solutions work REALLY well... hmmmm.... neutral
      Clearasil Ultra.

O.G. Nerd

Best advice: See your dermatologist. They'll help you out the best.
And if your parents had bad acne (Thanks dad! rolleyes ), then that's probably a factor in your breakouts.
Stress and horomones are a big part of that too.
If the feeling of the oil on your skin gets to you, then wash with a gentle soap.

I've tried Clean and Clear and Neutrogena before, and they work well on the milder cases and they're convenient. But I'm using ProActive right now and it does work very well. However, it's a bit pricey and it can be pretty harsh on sensitive areas.

Also, (Hang on, this is a general assumption that you're female, based on your avatar...) some birth control pills contain horomones that could help get it under control as well.

All in all, see a doctor if you can. As you can probably tell, I've gotten this talk from my mom quite a few times. (A nurse... figures.)
Proactive was the worse acne treatment I have ever had. It made my acne worse... for 2 whole months. Not to mention it made my face extremely oily.

I use Neutrogena Deep clean acne wash, it doesn't dry my skin out but at the same time it doesn't make it oily.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
Just because some acne products work well on some people doesn't mean it won't work for you,
the best thing to do is go to a dermatologist, and talk about it , and they will set you on a acne treatment that will help :3
that way you dont' go spending lots of cash on products that won't work and in some cases may make things WAAY worse :3
Neutrogena works the best: it doesnt dry your skin, oil-free, and it works

I used proactiv and it was the worst choice ive ever made! It caused more pimples and dryed out my skin.

Right now im using neutrogena acne stress control scrub. It's oil-free and the best product to use. Oh...and it doesnt dry your skin.

Undead Deadeye

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I can't really tell you the best product as the same thing might not work out for you.

My sister uses Pro-Active and says that it works. For me, it made me break out even more.
It all depends on your skin type and how sensitive your skin is, really.

Go see a dermatologist?
miss eco-love
oh jeez :]
neutrogena is the best
it works all the way.
well it does for me.
and i had terrible acne on my forhead once.
used it and the acne went buh-bye!

yep agree

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas