Welcome to Gaia! ::

A hot girls belly is sexy.
Belly shirts are slutty.
So are short shorts and cleave.

Friend

I've literally never seen anyone irl wearing a belly shirt in my entire life.

Maybe that's because I live in Michigan.

They seem silly.
There are plenty of ways to look sexy without showing a ton of skin. I prefer a more modest/sophisticated approach, unless you're at a rave or running in a sport's bra.

><;

besides I find belly tops and short-shorts uncomfortable, I don't want to go around adjusting my clothing every 2 minutes to make sure everything is in place, and sticking to plastic chairs in hot weather and getting those red marks, and being stared at/judged by passers-by...
Booty shorts, low-cut tight tops, mid-drift shirts -- I find it all to be distasteful.

Lonely Friend

ich-Rawr
Breasts aren't the only seductive part of a girl's body. A girl's legs, stomach, neck, arms, feet, even armpits can be considered sexy or appealing. Point is...it's sort of ridiculous to try and cover every single body part just because people consider showing it "seductive" or "slutty". At the same time, motives count. If you are actually wearing a belly shirt because you have a medical condition and that's all, then nothing is really wrong with that. If you're wearing a belly shirt trying to look cute and/or to simply be an attention whore, then you should have some kind of self-esteem class.

P.S. Even if it is a medical issue, I'm sure there is a more appropriate piece of clothing to wear.

So what you are saying is, that if you don't dress like this::

User Image

Then you should have some kind of self-esteem class? Because virtually every part of a woman's body could be considered sexy or appealing. And some people show it all off or wear makeup becuase they are trying to look cute and/or to simply be an attention whore.

And no. Not really. I overheat easily and faint EXTREMELY easily. Bellyshirts are the best alternative to either getting too sexual in my dressing or getting naked.

Lonely Friend

HolyMuffDiver
i dont think they are... but bitches better be rocking some A+ abs if the're wearing one. nobody wants to see your pub gut flabs creeping over your pants/skirt/whatever the ******** you're wearing.

I have a KICK a** stomach/ abs biggrin

Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
Ivy Willowtree
ich-Rawr
Breasts aren't the only seductive part of a girl's body. A girl's legs, stomach, neck, arms, feet, even armpits can be considered sexy or appealing. Point is...it's sort of ridiculous to try and cover every single body part just because people consider showing it "seductive" or "slutty". At the same time, motives count. If you are actually wearing a belly shirt because you have a medical condition and that's all, then nothing is really wrong with that. If you're wearing a belly shirt trying to look cute and/or to simply be an attention whore, then you should have some kind of self-esteem class.

P.S. Even if it is a medical issue, I'm sure there is a more appropriate piece of clothing to wear.

So what you are saying is, that if you don't dress like this::

User Image

Then you should have some kind of self-esteem class? Because virtually every part of a woman's body could be considered sexy or appealing. And some people show it all off or wear makeup becuase they are trying to look cute and/or to simply be an attention whore.

And no. Not really. I overheat easily and faint EXTREMELY easily. Bellyshirts are the best alternative to either getting too sexual in my dressing or getting naked.

WOW, you took a lot of my words out of context. You should probably reread what I wrote. Anyway, I said it's ridiculous to look like this ->User Image. And I highly doubt covering your stomach with really thin material would make you unbearably hot. There are better ways of getting around your problem is all I'm saying.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Not slutty.There are a lot of girls that can't get away with it because they have jelly bellies/stretch marks and they just hatin'. lol
I still haven't heard anyone give me a good explanation why I should be so concerned about what women choose to wear.

In high school and at my old college I saw plenty of girls wear what many would call "slutty". The typical low cut shirt, showing off their cleavage, tight pants, yoga pants, see through pants with a short skirt on, etc, etc. I still don't understand how these things affect me negatively to the point that they deserve to be called "whores" or whatever.

In high school I leered at women who dressed this way more than I should have, but now I have learned to control myself and now if I see an attractive woman I don't have much of an urge to oogle at her goodies anymore.

What women choose to wear hasn't bothered or hurt me in any way, so why should these women be called such negative words?

If they want to dress that way, let them. Why does it matter? It's partially their responsibility if they keep getting pervy guys looking at them. I'm not saying guy's should stare at women's cleavage, a**, or whatever, but I do think it's unrealistic if a woman has this idea in her head that men are expected to never ever stare at what she's clearly showing off. But that is her choice to make, and I respect that choice of hers.

I also think it's ignorant to think that women who dress that way are "sluts" and "whores". Actually to my knowledge, most women tend to dress a certain way in order to compete with each other, meaning they are dressing for other women, not men. Which we could reasonably come to a conclusion that women don't dress "slutty" in order to find a guy to ********. And even if women dressed that way for that specific purpose, who cares? Women want to have sex to, so what what's the big deal? What's so awful about a woman wanting to have a one night stand, I don't see why that's such a terrible thing.

Dapper Dabbler

Belly shirts, or crop tops, could be considered whorish in some cultures ahaha. I live in Toronto, the most culturally diverse city in the world. If I were to walk around with a crop top, I could get some cut eye. Probably a lot, actually. Some people just view that area of their body as a personal (for lack of a better word) area, you know? I guess it all depends on how a person views their body in that sense. Me, personally? I think crop tops are awesome. I love them.

I don't think anyone has the right to have an issue with what other people wear. Seeing as you have a problem with girls in short shorts and low-cut tops, there will be people out there who won't like your crop tops. Ooops. People are just judgemental like that. Screw it. Wear what you want. They're just clothes. If someone is offended by your belly button, then fine. If you're offended by a girl's cleavage or her legs, then fine. People will always, always judge. Just do you bahaha, who cares what other people think.
Ivy Willowtree
Why are belly shirts regarded as "slutty"? Most of the belly shirts I own do not show off cleavage or anything sexual like that at all!

I have to wear belly shirts and lighter clothing for health issues in the summer, but why is it that the girls who run around in shorts that show off half their asses and shirts that are so low that their boobs are on full display look at me and tell me I dress like a whore in my belly shirts and cargo pants that cover everything??

Discuss::

Do you think belly shirts are whorish?

Do you think that people who wear short shorts and low-cut tops have right to talk?

because it will always be trashy, showing off body parts that are saposed to be covered, its gross when fat chicks where em as well like those muffin tops. lmao

Dapper Lunatic

kvlt elitist
belly shirts
Add in lolipops and pig tails.

Dapper Lunatic

kvlt elitist
Zion International
kvlt elitist
belly shirts
Add in lolipops and pig tails.

cheerleader?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Why of course.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

They look trashy and so 90's anyway.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items