Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

When was the last time you tried to belly dance?

A day ago 1 100.0% [ 3 ]
A week ago 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
A month ago 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
6 months ago 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I can't remember 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Herping my derp all over this poll 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 3 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

My boyfriend gave me a surprise, he is able to do it with ease. Was like *gasp* *jelly*.
Havnt every done it..

0drizzt0's Wife

I'm the only Turkish girl who doesn't know how to belly dance. You'd think, stereotypically, I was born with this trait. Alas, I was not. D=

Tipsy Prophet

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
Shirabelle
I love you for this.

I've been wanting to learn so badly.
I even found a place in my old town that was awesome and had personal one on one classes and almost went for it, but then we moved to an entirely different state, and life got in the way. :C We don't have the money at the moment for it, but I'd still love to learn.

785-191-105

I've never taken professional classes before, I just watched a bunch of those videos and picked it up :] Mind you, there are probably a bunch of techniques for the dance and for physical safety that I haven't learned, but I still feel pretty good about the movements and I enjoy dancing around like an idiot in my room <3

@Holymuff - I'm pretty sure that'd be called p***s dancing and not belly dancing x3

princess_pillow
My boyfriend gave me a surprise, he is able to do it with ease. Was like *gasp* *jelly*.
Havnt every done it..

You'd be surprised at how capable (and awesome!) guys can be at belly dancing. In some ways it's better than when females do it just because guys don't have breasts and a lot of the movements can seem more exaggerated and cool.

golden_kitty
I'm the only Turkish girl who doesn't know how to belly dance. You'd think, stereotypically, I was born with this trait. Alas, I was not. D=

Have you never learned or do you not find the movements comfortable?

Beloved Sex Symbol

I hated the people that were in the class with me (they said said women of all sizes not just bitchy "thin" people (I put thin in quotations because they were all deadly thin)) more so when you get told to lose 150lbs then come back. Yeah I wanna be 39lbs stare so not healthy!

Anyway enough about them. The class I took was a mix of all styles and it was a lot of fun, I did enjoy it. And I would do it again if the price wasn't hiked stupidly high.
Fat belly dancers are disgusting to watch. :/ ugh.
I rather prefer the expression Oriental dance over Belly dance. ninja

My favourite dancers will always be Nagwa Fouad and Samia Gamal, because seeing their videos got me into oriental dance.
As for the dancers of our time: Aziza. I was at her workshop this autumn and learned the Moondance choreography. whee She's an amazing dancer and a great person too.

I started dancing a couple of years ago for fun, but last year I formed a troupe with a few friends from dance school. We've been performing at smaller events and now we got in contact with some drummers, so hopefully we can start performing at weddings towards the summer.

And those talking bad about big dancers can go stuff a sock in it. If you go to Egypt, you'll see that the best dancers there aren't walking sticks. Curves are great. Get over it.
Breakability
Shirabelle
I love you for this.

I've been wanting to learn so badly.
I even found a place in my old town that was awesome and had personal one on one classes and almost went for it, but then we moved to an entirely different state, and life got in the way. :C We don't have the money at the moment for it, but I'd still love to learn.

785-191-105

I've never taken professional classes before, I just watched a bunch of those videos and picked it up :] Mind you, there are probably a bunch of techniques for the dance and for physical safety that I haven't learned, but I still feel pretty good about the movements and I enjoy dancing around like an idiot in my room <3

@Holymuff - I'm pretty sure that'd be called p***s dancing and not belly dancing x3

princess_pillow
Havnt every done it..

You'd be surprised at how capable (and awesome!) guys can be at belly dancing. In some ways it's better than when females do it just because guys don't have breasts and a lot of the movements can seem more exaggerated and cool.

golden_kitty

I tottally agree! He did great! Honestly didnt think guys could really move their hips like that.

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
ectogasm

oh, i wish i could belly dance

Diamond Regular

I would like to learn; it seems like a pretty damn good abdominal workout.

Tipsy Prophet

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
Sergeant Baby Bear
I would like to learn; it seems like a pretty damn good abdominal workout.

It really is, and you might be surprised at all the other parts of the body it can work out, too. If you're not into a traditional workout with weights, then this is a great alternative to toning up and getting in shape.

0drizzt0's Wife

Breakability

golden_kitty

I've tried some moves. Never went to any classes. When all your cousins can do it, you try, ya know. My hips don't move in such a smooth way. Just very boxy.
i took a couple of belly dancing classes at a rec center.

stil can't get a smooth body wave. those chest rolls are hard.
Btw, anyone else who is a compulsive roller? lol
(I sometimes sit and roll my stomach muscles, while I'm doing other stuff, like studying and whatever. Can't help it, but at least I can roll a coin now ninja )
I have a friend who belly-dances.
But I don't think that counts. :I

Friend

That looks like a lot of fun! I wish I had the body to belly dance.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff