Welcome to Gaia! ::

People think that quiet people are arrogant because they won't talk to others. They think that because quiet people don't talk, that the quiet people think they are too good for the more outgoing people. It's really dumb.

Fanatical Codger

General Snicker-Doodle
There's nothing wrong with being quiet; I'm pretty quiet, myself.
People who make assumptions about quiet people need to just realize that we're either shy or just don't feel like talking.

Just like you know who in your siggy. heart emotion_awesome
Trust me I know what you mean. I've been quiet (because I'm shy) my whole life. And people always want to know why I'm so quiet and try to get me to talk a lot and it really is annoying and I don't understand why they care s omuch. I don't think being quiet is a bad thing.

Ladykiller

There's nothing bad about it but it is really useful to learn how to ''fake it to make it.'' It's hard and actually rather draining sometimes to be chatty when you want to be quiet but it's a nice skill. Humans are social so even if you are introverted, being able to verbalize your point of view is essential. 3nodding

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PUTRID PILEE
Trust me I know what you mean. I've been quiet (because I'm shy) my whole life. And people always want to know why I'm so quiet and try to get me to talk a lot and it really is annoying and I don't understand why they care s omuch. I don't think being quiet is a bad thing.

oh i got that alot too x.x; my former bf told me his dad said i was "too quiet" i know he prob didn't mean it in a mean way but..that kinda hurted ^.^; i was always nervous around his parents.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Ugh, me too.
This one douche-bag once asked me if I was mute/deaf.
Yeah, because not talking for TEN WHOLE MINUTES totally means you're a mute-deaf.
How could I of been so ignorent?
crying

Rainbow Smoker

It's a negative thing because it closes you off to making friends with other people because they see you as unapproachable or stand offish.

Invisible Gekko

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
All my quietness ever did was make people fear me. They thought I was some sort of serial killer. Unfortunely, i'm not at that rank yet.
Hernameisfoxylove
PUTRID PILEE

oh i got that alot too x.x; my former bf told me his dad said i was "too quiet" i know he prob didn't mean it in a mean way but..that kinda hurted ^.^; i was always nervous around his parents.

Yeah I get upset when someone saysd I'm "too quiet" or somethign like that. Doesn't bother me so much now, I'm trying to come out of my shell

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
Whenever people tell me I'm too quiet, I tell them they're too noisy.
I guess it's seen as a bad thing because introverts are the minority, so their behavior is labeled as something negative.
I used to be super quiet as a kid. But as I grew up, I am better at speaking to people (and even class presentations apparently). But that doesn't mean that I like to go out and stuff. I still prefer to keep to myself than hang out with people.
I just talk to people half the time because I have to.

Shameless Streaker

10,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Whenever someone accuses me of being snobby or stuck up for not speaking to them, I assume they're insecure. I usually don't feel like socializing, and when I do, my poor social skills inhibit me from doing so.

I don't accuse talkative people of being loud and obnoxious. I wish they would extend the same courtesies to me.

Gym Leader

17,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
Some people think quiet people are thinking they are better than everyone else.
Usually that's not the case, I used to be quiet too.
The only thing wrong with being quiet is when you have to talk to people, like when you're at a job that requires it. Maybe that's more relating to shyness, but I was both. Being in nursing, I had to get over it. But I got over it by getting to know a lot of people.

Gekko

A Roman For All Seasons
Don't be quiet; be loud and obnoxious, tell people you don't give a ******** what they have to say, act like you're Jesus H. Christ in the flesh.

Otherwise people get the impression that you're either stuck-up, boring, a push-over; or perhaps all three.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff