Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
why are people judged so much for it? in middle school i got alot of...crap for it.

so what do you think about it?
why do people see it as a negative thing?

Dapper Phantom

They think you're mean.
Which is dumb.
Quiet people are usually just shy or bored.

Barton Cleric

20,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Medalist 100
I used to be very quiet as well, and people thought I was a snob because of it.
I've learned not to take it too personally. There's really nothing wrong with being quiet or introverted.
But, if you don't like people's perception of you, change it. 3nodding

Why is being quiet seen as a negative thing?
Well, it's probably seen as negative because it's seen as anti social.
I've had that experience. I am good at socializing, especially when I want to. But I generally prefer to do my own thing, people interpret that as being arrogant and/or standoffish.

I don't think it's a bad thing. As long as it isn't extreme. For example, I am an introvert, I enjoy doing solitary things, I love being in my head, coming up with innovative ideas and strategies and planning. But I am an extrovert when it comes to thinking and ideas, I.e I am very assertive and headstrong. There needs to be a balance.

Extraverts depending whether they are sensors, perceivers, feelings, or judgers, will have introverted functions being exhibited in specific areas of their lives. There is a balance.
No, there's nothing wrong with being quiet. Some people get the wrong impression and some are just really stupid. gonk

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
From experience they bully quiet people because they are less likely to tell on them or stand up for themselves.

I used to be very quiet at school, mainly because I had depression, but now I can't shut up.

Hygienic Member

Excuse me, miss.
I was quiet in middle school, and no one ever made fun of me.

IDK, I notice a lot of the time people mistake shyness for arrogance.

yum_tea
kvlt elitist
the enlightenment
I've had that experience. I am good at socializing, especially when I want to. But I generally prefer to do my own thing, people interpret that as being arrogant and/or standoffish.

I don't think it's a bad thing. As long as it isn't extreme. For example, I am an introvert, I enjoy doing solitary things, I love being in my head, coming up with innovative ideas and strategies and planning. But I am an extrovert when it comes to thinking and ideas, I.e I am very assertive and headstrong. There needs to be a balance.

Extraverts depending whether they are sensors, perceivers, feelings, or judgers, will have introverted functions being exhibited in specific areas of their lives. There is a balance.

holy s**t dat beard

Iz amazing!

Adored Admirer

It's because people are social beings.

Also, contrary to what a couple have said, being quiet is not the same as being an introvert.

Sparkly Fairy

12,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
When I was in high school I used being quiet to my own advantage. For one thing my grades were much better than those around me, and secondly, when I did speak, I spoke confidently. Use shyness to your advantage by thinking things through before you say them and responding confidently and with a strong voice. It is usually a pretty strong deterrent for being picked on(in my case).

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
Ivee Clover
When I was in high school I used being quiet to my own advantage. For one thing my grades were much better than those around me, and secondly, when I did speak, I spoke confidently. Use shyness to your advantage by thinking things through before you say them and responding confidently and with a strong voice. It is usually a pretty strong deterrent for being picked on(in my case).

hmm but im not shy...just i usually wait for people to talk to me first then me talking to them first xD and...well...yeah ^^;

Fashionable Gaian

People think I'm weird and bitchy for it.
I have trust issues and I'm shy, so I don't really talk to anyone unless I know the person personally.

Shy Conversationalist

There's nothing wrong with being quiet; I'm pretty quiet, myself.
People who make assumptions about quiet people need to just realize that we're either shy or just don't feel like talking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff