Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hello Gaians:

These past days I've noticed myself to be more quiet and just really go on with my day with nothing relatively important on my mind. Is like having this "I don't really care" attitude, but not really offensive to anyone. Is like being but not being. As if I was numb, but kept going.

Is really hard to explain, but the thing is that most of my friends are incredibly worried about me and keep asking if something I wrong with me. I really have no answer to that o.O Cause if I think about it, my mind is just blank.

It has gotten to the point when one of my friends said she will "Slap me back to reality?"

I am making this post because I do not know if this ever happen to you guys. No I am not on my period. lol, I think I am just silenced.

Is this normal?
If It ever happened to you, do you know why?
What would you if it was your friend?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
it's never so much i have a feeling of being thrown off, it's people that throw me off. around certain people i'm never talkative and i'll just be really quiet, not because im afraid or nervous, i just can't think for the life of me what to say

Clean Gekko

3,300 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
sounds like depression to me
but I only know what I been told depression is

Timid Lunatic

User Image

Yeah, that happens to my when I'm cycling through my depression. I don't like it.

User Image

Lavish Loiterer

I was going through that feeling over the summer.
I just didn't give a s**t and that freaked me out because I still had responsibilities that needed to be taken care of.

What snapped me out of it was a change in birth control methods and now I'm my old surly self again. 3nodding

Fashionable Hunter

Sparkly Duck

Perhaps you're on a depressive cycle, not necessarily clinical depression. I personally like being left alone 3 out of 5 times.

A friend of mine did something that sounds like what you're feeling before. For about a month she was just a huge b***h and put no effort into anything. She apologized after but it bothered the s**t out of me to the point where I stopped talking to her until she got over it. That person wasn't my friend, and they sure didn't seem to recognize me as one. She claimed she just felt that way and wanted to be alone. That she didn't feel anything really.

Blessed Visionary

18,825 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
I am like this all too often, but that's because of my depression. You may want to talk to a doctor if you can. I believe that can be a sign/ side effect of depression. Maybe it could be seasonal depressive disorder but you really should talk it out. Good luck!

Bashful Sex Symbol

Sometimes it happens from mental/emotional exhaustion/stress.
Sometimes it's also stemmed from feelings of unfulfillment. Can coincide with depression, but I'm speaking from outside of that box.

Eloquent Explorer

6,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Millionaire 200
I think you're feeling at peace with yourself. I have no idea where everyone is getting this idea of depression from - Are you projecting your feelings onto the OP? gonk

I get into moods where nothing is on my mind and I just go about my business - Sure makes it real easy to concentrate! Actually, I'm not sure if what I experience is healthy and if you're experiencing it too, maybe we should see someone. Aren't we supposed to feel something ALL THE TIME? sweatdrop

You know what, I actually don't REALLY know what to make of what the OP said. Take what I said with a grain of salt. (I need to google all about that phrase now)

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image I have days like that.

Magical Tree

It could be a lot of things.

I have weeks where time sails on, and I do my job, and go home - wash rinse repeat. There may be brief moments of feeling excited or laughing, but the overall feeling is neutral/lacking in feeling.

I can't say "it's depression" - pretty sure the duration has to be about a month or more. (and other symptoms like loss of interest in things you once cared about. feeling hopelessness. etc etc.)

It could be hormones.

It could be mental/emotional/etc stress.

Maybe you have a vitamin deficiency?

Best thing to do is plan a little extra sleep in your schedule, eat more salady things (and some dark chocolate!), and maybe take a personal day - and see how you feel after.
And if after a couple weeks it's the same, and it's interfering with your life/work/relationships - maybe go see someone.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff