Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, I was thinking about becoming a vegetarian and I was wondering about, well, everything about it. (please don't say 'they don't eat meat' because I know that lol thx)
Anyway, if you could just post tips or anything else that's be great :]
Thanks!

Wealthy Lunatic

7,600 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
I went veg for five years. I used to imagine tomatoes as a big juicy steak. It gets pretty easy after a year. You'll stop wanting meat. And you lose a lot of wieght.
...Well, saying "they don't eat meat" isn't always 100% true. Some vegetarians eat chicken, others eat fish, some won't eat any, and others won't eat any food product that comes from an animal (milk, eggs, etc.). It really depends on the individual to set what kind of dietary standards they'll live by.
Well, the main obstacle in my way was the fact that I loved meat too much. Luckily, I had a solution.

Take the meat you eat the less...and stop eating it.

I started off with pork, which I only really ate for breakfast, and got rid of it.
After a short while, I got rid of beef, which I only eat in hamburgers and the occasional steak (which I honestly hate).

All that was left was chicken, which I got tired of pretty quickly seeing as how it was the only meat I ate. When I finally got around to eating veggies, I didn't have too much of a temptation to going back. Though I will admit I make exceptions at the most once a month for a little bit of chicken in it.

I'm doing it all for environmental reasons, and chickens take the least energy to raise and subsequently slaughter, so it was all good for me to eat some chicken very, very sparsely.
Dahghos
...Well, saying "they don't eat meat" isn't always 100% true. Some vegetarians eat chicken, others eat fish, some won't eat any, and others won't eat any food product that comes from an animal (milk, eggs, etc.). It really depends on the individual to set what kind of dietary standards they'll live by.
There is no such thing as a vegaterian that eats fish or chicken. A vegeterian doesn't eat any kind of meat.
Dahghos

Now if someone eats chicken very rarely, I'm okay with them calling themselves vegetarian, I do it too.
But that's just stupid whenever they eat fish or chicken on a regular basis, then say that they're genuinely vegetarian. Figured they'd know the difference.
YYHkurama11
Dahghos
There is no such thing as a vegaterian that eats fish or chicken. A vegeterian doesn't eat any kind of meat.

Whats the difference between a vegetarian and a vegan?
if you can't just stop eating meat, then set a goal, like...
one meal every two days that contains meat, or something.
make sure it's realistic or else you won't be able to make this work.
xd
I really want to be a vegitarian, knowing all those animals died because of my selfishness.
But I love meat and fish way too much for my own good neutral
I don't think being a vegetarian is a good idea ( I'm not against vegetarians! Don't yell at me!) because there are lots of essential vitamins/minerals that come mainly from meat. Finding other sources might be difficult.
AirRaKai

From what I understand...
vegan: no animal products
vegetarian: no meat

I'm not positive, though.
YYHkurama11
Dahghos

Which was my opinion for quite a while, until a friend of mine argued against that. (There's quite a few vegetarians at my school, so they talk about it a lot, particularly in my anthropology class, but I digress). She herself won't eat meat of any variety, but she claimed that "chicken or fish is okay every once in a while."

I don't pretend to understand the logic behind it, but the OP asked for "anything", so I offered what little knowledge I had. *shrugs*
AirRaKai
YYHkurama11
Dahghos

Vegeterians Don't eat geletin, meat of any kind. A lacto vegeterian uses milk products, an Ovo vegeterian uses egg products. A vegan doesn't eat meat, milk, egg, geletin, honey (in some cases). Pretty much nothing to do with an animal. If your life style is vegan you wouldn't use products tested on animals, leather, wool, silk, fur, etc.
Kiwi Sunrise
I don't think being a vegetarian is a good idea ( I'm not against vegetarians! Don't yell at me!) because there are lots of essential vitamins/minerals that come mainly from meat. Finding other sources might be difficult.

dont worry! i wont yell at you 3nodding lol
anyway, would vitamins (like pills or something) do the same as certain kinds of meat would?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff