Welcome to Gaia! ::

OK say you get a really really high score on the ASVAB then what jobs could you be qualified for. I had a friend that said you could get jobs that like the FBI and CSI work in..XD
User Image

The ASVAB is just for the military.

I remember taking that.
The scores are bullshit.
They don't make you more qualified, they just set you up to think so.
They're only interested in the score you get related to the military.

"YOU GOT THIS SCORE? LOL CHOOSE FROM THESE JOBS!"

It doesn't help you at all.

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Yeah. ASVABs are strictly military.

My brother got a ninety on them...so he's planning on going into nuclear engineering in the Navy. Which he'd actually be pretty good that, since he has an interest in engineering.

Invisible Player

meh...they are just for showing you what you might be good at...

I scored really high in mechanics...(just so happened that my boyfriend was having waterpump and alternator problems in his car, ALL my mechanic questions were about water pumps and alternator belts LOL) I am a bumbling doofus when it comes to pumping gas let alone any mechanics...

Invisible Player

C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n

My brother got a ninety on them...so he's planning on going into nuclear engineering in the Navy. Which he'd actually be pretty good that, since he has an interest in engineering.
have they changed them? When I took them many moons ago, you got a score in each area, not just an overall score.
A Redhead Angel
C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n

have they changed them? When I took them many moons ago, you got a score in each area, not just an overall score.
User Image

They give you the scores in each area, but they don't say what you would be good at, just what type of job.
I would assume people know that already considering the only 3 types they divided them by was Mathematical, Creative, and Physical.

Their way of telling you what you're good at is literally having you pick jobs that you might like.

Invisible Player

Not only do they give you different scores in different areas, but dont they also do a score compared to other males and females...so in a given area you might score a (84% female, 92% male) meaning you scored better than 92% of the males that took the test and 84% of females that took the test?

That is what they did when I took the test...like 10yrs ago lol
any score above 60 and your good to join w/e in the military.. 30-50 you get a little chance to get what u want.. 30 n below...you can go shoot a gun and get killed in iraq.

3,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
It gives the military a better idea of what field you are best suited for right now. You can get wavers and stuff and there is an overall score. Its just a type of placement test. Its best to talk to people in the branch you are looking to enter or in the field you want, watever is more important to you. And get in writing before you sign anything that you will get that school.
Heh, I got an 89 and I joined the Infantry.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff