Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Asexuality means you don't find people sexual attractive. But that doesn't necessarily mean that you think sex is gross. It just means that you never look at somebody and randomly think "damn, this person is hot. I'd like to have sex with this person."

Spoopy Kitten

Im a demiromantic/demisexual, but i still have a question

Do you, as an asexual:
Have sexual intercourse?
If yes, do you enjoy it?
Participate in sexual acts other than intercourse?
If yes, do you enjoy it?
Do you feel pressured to do these things?
How can someone be aromantic without being a sociopath?

Crystal Phantom

17,650 Points
  • That One Hero 500
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Invisibility 100
Kitsune Voss
riderzero777
I have a friend named kaylub and I think hes a Aromantic asexual. Is there any signs or anyway you can tell if someone is aromantic asexual.

None other than asking I would think. Are they completely uninterested in dating and having sex both? Have they never discussed wanting to date anyone or have sex with anyone? If so that makes it more likely but the only way to be SURE of someones orientation is to ask.
Yeah hes completely unintersted in dating and sex. Nope he has never discussed any of that at all. I asked but he wont say anything he gets mad and when he gets mad he never says if he likes anything.

Floppy Puppy

Kitsune Voss
Asexuality means you don't find people sexual attractive. But that doesn't necessarily mean that you think sex is gross. It just means that you never look at somebody and randomly think "damn, this person is hot. I'd like to have sex with this person."

OH. That makes more sense! Thank you!

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
xChibi Cannibalx
Im an demiromantic/demisexual, but i still have a question

Do you, as an asexual:
Have sexual intercourse?
If yes, do you enjoy it?
If yes, do you enjoy it?

I have not had sexual intercourse just yet, not sure I ever will.

I have done other things. I mostly find it boring and sometimes a little gross but I do it to make my partner happy. It doesn't hurt me any and being a little bored is a small price to pay.

I don't feel pressured really. My partner doesn't ask me to do anything I'm uncomfortable with, he hardly asks me to do anything at all. But I still worry about him leaving me for someone that will have sex with him sometimes. Then we talk and he reassures me about it. But still, the worry creeps back in if people have been insisting that we'll never work in the long run.

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
riderzero777
Kitsune Voss
riderzero777
I have a friend named kaylub and I think hes a Aromantic asexual. Is there any signs or anyway you can tell if someone is aromantic asexual.

None other than asking I would think. Are they completely uninterested in dating and having sex both? Have they never discussed wanting to date anyone or have sex with anyone? If so that makes it more likely but the only way to be SURE of someones orientation is to ask.
Yeah hes completely unintersted in dating and sex. Nope he has never discussed any of that at all. I asked but he wont say anything he gets mad and when he gets mad he never says if he likes anything.

I'd leave it be then. He may be aromantic asexual but he might not be comfortable identifying that way. Not everyone does. Browse through posts on this site meantioning asexuality, or even just on this thread. Not everyone reacts well to the idea and people get worried. If he chooses to identify as asexual sometime in the future you can be there for him but until then it'll just agitate him if you ask. He might not be comfortable with the identity (assuming he is asexual), until he feels comfortable with himself he isn't going to want to share. And he may be another orientation altogether but doesn't want to say it yet.

either way it's probably best to just leave it be for now.

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
KittKatt007
Kitsune Voss

OH. That makes more sense! Thank you!

No problem.

Spoopy Kitten

Kitsune Voss
xChibi Cannibalx

Do you, as an asexual:
Have sexual intercourse?
If yes, do you enjoy it?
If yes, do you enjoy it?

I have done other things. I mostly find it boring and sometimes a little gross but I do it to make my partner happy. It doesn't hurt me any and being a little bored is a small price to pay.

I don't feel pressured really. My partner doesn't ask me to do anything I'm uncomfortable with, he hardly asks me to do anything at all. But I still worry about him leaving me for someone that will have sex with him sometimes. Then we talk and he reassures me about it. But still, the worry creeps back in if people have been insisting that we'll never work in the long run.

Could you say the worryness pressures you a bit to do what he wants? If not always, sometimes?
How would you feel if your partner came out as asexual and didnt like anything sexual?

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
The Ice Dervish
How can someone be aromantic without being a sociopath?

How do you mean? Aromantic just means that you'd like to keep all of your relationships at the "friends without benefits" level. You can still love people at the platonic level (say for instance... they way you love your parents) and have all other human emotions.
(Asexual here as well). Just popped in to ask if you're part of any fetish group or kink, but not for the sexual sense?

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
xChibi Cannibalx
Kitsune Voss
xChibi Cannibalx

Do you, as an asexual:
Have sexual intercourse?
If yes, do you enjoy it?
If yes, do you enjoy it?

Could you say the worryness pressures you a bit to do what he wants? If not always, sometimes?
How would you feel if your partner came out as asexual and didnt like anything sexual?

No. I've been willing to try some things, and feel free to say no when something is making me uncomfortable. If I worry I talk to him, thats the only way to make this kind of relationship work. If he came out as asexual? Well I can't picture that happening but I suppose I'd be happy? I love him as he is now, coming out as asexual wouldn't change his personality any.

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Adventures with Ade
(Asexual here as well). Just popped in to ask if you're part of any fetish group or kink, but not for the sexual sense?

Nope.

Spoopy Kitten

Kitsune Voss
xChibi Cannibalx
Kitsune Voss
xChibi Cannibalx

Do you, as an asexual:
Have sexual intercourse?
If yes, do you enjoy it?
If yes, do you enjoy it?

No. I've been willing to try some things, and feel free to say no when something is making me uncomfortable. If I worry I talk to him, thats the only way to make this kind of relationship work. If he came out as asexual? Well I can't picture that happening but I suppose I'd be happy? I love him as he is now, coming out as asexual wouldn't change his personality any.

Have you ever been told your sexuality doesnt exist, outside of this thread? How do you deal with those people?

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
xChibi Cannibalx
Kitsune Voss
xChibi Cannibalx
Kitsune Voss
xChibi Cannibalx

Do you, as an asexual:
Have sexual intercourse?
If yes, do you enjoy it?
If yes, do you enjoy it?

Have you ever been told your sexuality doesnt exist, outside of this thread? How do you deal with those people?

I have indeed (the amoeba references ugh) I just politely explain that it does in fact exist, as said person is looking directly at someone who is asexual, and try to explain my feelings on the matter. If they continue to insist I say something like "I promise I'm real" or "Guess your bound for the psychologist since you're talking to a figment of your imagination then." and stop talking ot them. I feel that being aggresive or rude doesn't help anything so I try not to be.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff