Tiny Traveler

18,525 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
PantsOnHeadTard

Yeah okay.

Thanks for the tips.

I'll be sure to file them away with the rest of the self-serving "advice" that ignorant people who don't actually give a s**t love to dish out. Advice that always, in truth, only seems to benefit them while hindering the people it's offered to, strangely enough.

How silly of us to use "arbitrary" labels in a language riddled with "arbitrary" labels. Clearly you are the real authority on which labels and shorthand language should acceptibly be applied. Because you just are! Which seems to be everywhere except in the matters of sexual minorities. Yes, that's reasonable and not othering at all.

There's clearly nothing arbitrary about drawing the line at 'asexuality' but not 'heterosexuality' or even 'sexuality'. Hell, let's get rid of the concept of sexual preference altogether and just slide them into "things that make us feel good". This sure is freeing and totally not unclear and confusing. This will surely make discussions about topics specific to our interests so much easier! Or would choosing to draw the line there also be arbitrary?

I'll also be sure to excise 'chihuahua' out of my vocabulary and refer to my pet as 'tiny four-pound, curly-tailed, round-headed dog from Mexico'. It doesn't matter how different they are from Great Danes, they're all just dogs, right? Breeds are just social constructs and the lines between them are sometimes blurry and prone to change, so they might as well not exist at all! This'll surely make discussions specific to chihuahuas easy to understand and not impossibly unweildy. But wait, why arbitrarily draw the line at breed and not species? So forget dog, we're going to talk about tiny four-pound domesticated canids with curly tails and rounded heads from Mexico.

Boy, this was a great idea! I'm so glad we don't have to deal with arbitrary labels anymore. There's so many to memorize! And people are trying to add more? Holy s**t!

No... No, really, if I'm being "melodramatic" (lol) here and "closing my mind" (double lol), it's only because, believe it or not, you're not actually offering anything novel, and actually being sort of ridiculous. I know that's hard to believe, since you're used to having your opinions weigh more by default, but it's true. You're not here to learn. You're here to preach. And you don't know what you're talking about.

Asking us to remove the only tools we have to describe ourselves (as--shock and awe--humans communicate concepts through constructed language) does nothing but make it harder to defend ourselves against the people who like to pretend that we only exist as a broken version of the majority that need to be fixed (an arbitrary idea in itself, actually, who'da thunk). It's a proven FACT that when a language is missing the words for a concept, it becomes hard to understand and talk about that concept. Try explaining a direction to someone in a language without directional words. Introducing new concepts and teaching people about them IMPROVES people's understanding, which is why things are better now for sexual minorities than they were a few decades back when the only words to describe them were "sexual deviant", because straightness was the only accepted sexuality. Not perfect, granted, but undeniably better. (But clearly we have no idea what we're doing.)

You can't possibly say that, for instance, having the DSM group asexuality as just another sexual disorder is actually BETTER than listing it as a distinct identity separate from sexual disorders--which, by the way, got new names to reflect this. (Oh s**t, you mean the DSM is constantly adding and removing and editing and refining its diagnostic definitions? Madness! Let's get rid of arbitrary labels and just lump everyone under "sick".) And I wonder what brought this change about. Raising it as a concept and bringing it into the discussion? Naw, surely not.

And that's the funny thing. Even if we stopped labeling ourselves? Other people are going to label us in our stead. And they are not always kind about it. But hey, why allow us to have the power to label ourselves? That's like... empowering or something. And we can't have that. Better to just be quiet so that our oppressors have the only voice and all the control over the discussion. That's totally how we fix problems. We wouldn't want to be a "special snowflake" by insisting that we actually exist and actually have value as humans, and aren't just broken ones that need "fixed" in order to be happy and healthy and true humans.

Apparently introducing and teaching people new concepts is so hard. It's as though it hasn't been going on for thousands of years. Much better to just dismantle the English language in its entirety. Or, yanno, disappear into obscurity.

I mean, updating concepts as we learn more things about them? Learning new words as new concepts develop? What the ******** is that nonsense? I mean, who ever heard of a 'smart phone'?

Then again, you have to actually want to try to learn, instead of just using your ignorance as a bludgeon to knock people down because you prefer your sense of superiority.

Your abitrarily awarded sense of superiority.

And we're done, Pants. Honest and for true. I'm not talking to you anymore. There is literally nothing left to say.

i'm sorry kitsune I promise I'm really done

Anxious Baby

33,775 Points
  • Sweetest Romantic 250
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Magical Gems 500
What is sexual attraction? How do I know if I've felt it? What is the difference between sexual attraction and sexual desire?

Because apparently asexuals can be just like any other sexual person, they do and feel the same things. They can have sex, enjoy sex, want lots of sex, have crushes, have relationships, find people/characters attractive (waifu/husbando-like attraction), have sexual fantasies about them,
So I don't know the difference, and if you mistake any of these for sexual attraction (the one thing that separates them from everyone else), they'll tell you somehow it's not.

At first, I was under the impression that asexuals were simply people who never feel the need or want to do the do with anyone. And I can understand how that can be a problem for people, so when people go around having no problem with sex and living the same lifestyle as any sexual person and still call themselves asexual, I get confused, can you see why?

Tiny Traveler

18,525 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
Chibi Blaze
What is sexual attraction? How do I know if I've felt it? What is the difference between sexual attraction and sexual desire?

Because apparently asexuals can be just like any other sexual person, they do and feel the same things. They can have sex, enjoy sex, want lots of sex, have crushes, have relationships, find people/characters attractive (waifu/husbando-like attraction), have sexual fantasies about them,
So I don't know the difference, and if you mistake any of these for sexual attraction (the one thing that separates them from everyone else), they'll tell you somehow it's not.

At first, I was under the impression that asexuals were simply people who never feel the need or want to do the do with anyone. And I can understand how that can be a problem for people, so when people go around having no problem with sex and living the same lifestyle as any sexual person and still call themselves asexual, I get confused, can you see why?

I couldn't tell you how to know if you've felt it, since I've never felt it, myself. Not once.

If other asexuals are enjoying the act of sex without the sexual attraction to go with it, that's not all that unusual. It's like eating cake despite not being hungry.

Because cake tastes good.

Well, rubbing your snatch until you orgasm feels good. Making your partner happy feels good. And it doesn't require actively fantasizing about someone else.

But it sounds a bit like you're conflating sexual with romantic attraction. You can want an emotional relationship with someone without wanting a sexual one. Asexuals aren't required to be alone forever. Even if some of us aren't big into romantic relationships, either.

Dabbler

You guys talk about "sexuals" like they're sex predators. lol

Looking at someone, yes even pretty people, and not thinking about having sex with them is normal. You shouldn't base your ideas of society off rap songs.

I don't think being condescending towards people (mainly directed towards Makyui) is really going to help people see your point.

Dabbler

Makyui
No, people aren't going to label you, because the only people who care whether or not you fancy screwing strangers are scientists who are doing sexual studies.

Tiny Traveler

18,525 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
Naked Bacon

Your concern is noted.

Dabbler

Kitsune Voss
Because sexual activity and sex drive aren't what define the term. People are perfectly capable of having sex with people they aren't attracted to. And people are perfectly capable of wanting to have sex without having anyone they are particularly attracted to anyone at the moment.
Asexuality as an orientation is about whether or not you are sexually attracted to people.

A good analogy I've commonly used is the difference between hunger and appetite.

Think about when you've had the flue or something. It's been 12 hours since the last time you ate so your stomachache is growling but your still feeling ill so the thought or actually eating something has never been more unappealing.

In that analogy hunger would be equivalent to sex drive and your appetite (or lack of it rather) is sexual attraction.
Appetite is the desire to actually eat, right? Then the equivalent would be being aroused but not wanting to have sex?
So then why do so many asexuals like having sex?

Dapper Gekko

Naked Bacon
Kitsune Voss
Because sexual activity and sex drive aren't what define the term. People are perfectly capable of having sex with people they aren't attracted to. And people are perfectly capable of wanting to have sex without having anyone they are particularly attracted to anyone at the moment.
Asexuality as an orientation is about whether or not you are sexually attracted to people.

A good analogy I've commonly used is the difference between hunger and appetite.

Think about when you've had the flue or something. It's been 12 hours since the last time you ate so your stomachache is growling but your still feeling ill so the thought or actually eating something has never been more unappealing.

In that analogy hunger would be equivalent to sex drive and your appetite (or lack of it rather) is sexual attraction.
Appetite is the desire to actually eat, right? Then the equivalent would be being aroused but not wanting to have sex?

Because asexuals are varied and different. Asexuality, like sexuality in general, is a spectrum. There are some asexuals who are completely sex-repulsed. There are others who enjoy sex. There isn't this strange binary that you are either allosexual and enjoy sex, or you are asexual and don't. Being asexual doesn't necessarily mean you dislike sex, it means you don't feel sexual attraction.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
What kind of ice cream do you like? I really want to try cotton candy flavored

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Naked Bacon
Kitsune Voss

because despite not being sexually attracted to anyone... the stuff down below still works. It feels good physically.

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Makyui
Chibi Blaze

I couldn't tell you how to know if you've felt it, since I've never felt it, myself. Not once.

If other asexuals are enjoying the act of sex without the sexual attraction to go with it, that's not all that unusual. It's like eating cake despite not being hungry.

Because cake tastes good.

Well, rubbing your snatch until you orgasm feels good. Making your partner happy feels good. And it doesn't require actively fantasizing about someone else.

But it sounds a bit like you're conflating sexual with romantic attraction. You can want an emotional relationship with someone without wanting a sexual one. Asexuals aren't required to be alone forever. Even if some of us aren't big into romantic relationships, either.

This

Liberal Shapeshifter

12,250 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Toxilicks

Strawberry smile

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
Kitsune Voss
Toxilicks

Strawberry smile

See, we need more people like you in the world.
When you get the neopolitan ice cream tubs, and all you have left is that gruelling chore of decietfully tempting rose pink strawberry ice cream, its the heroes such as yourselves who roll up their sleeves, polish the spoon, and get rid of that pink behemoth.
Thank you, for being a treasure for us chocolate/vanilla sluts.

Tiny Traveler

18,525 Points
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
  • Vanquished Angel 50
Toxilicks

Cotton candy is really good! 8D

Pumpkin spice and egg nog are really good for this time of year, too.

And yummy ice creams that are full of chocolate and nuts, hnnnngh.

And cheese cake ice cream.

Okay any sort of cake/pie ice cream. >__>

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas