Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
I'm probably just going through a phase, as I'm only 16, but as of right now, I think I may possibly be asexual. I should be clear: I can still have romantic feelings for guys, but the idea of sex absolutely repulses/horrifies me.

For more info: Asexuality

What are LD's thoughts on the sexual orientation (or lack thereof) of asexuality? Do you think it's normal? Should it be encouraged and included? Do you think it makes relationships more difficult if one person is asexual and the other is not? Spout your ideas; I want to hear them!
Asexuality is just a big word for boring.
Yes, it definitely makes a relationship more difficult. We are, at our core, sexual creatures and no matter how emotional and intellectual our relationships are, a good portion of it will be sexual to the average person. I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but, its true. I actually can't fathom a fair situation in which you could be with a sexual person without them feeling incredibly deprived.

That said, right now, its all about you. Don't worry about that. There are plenty of asexual people out there, so, you can easily find love with one of them and lead a fair, complete life with them by your side. So, don't let the fear of being deprived love sway your judgement because you can definitely still find love.

Think really hard about this, but don't let it stress yourself out. Sexuality is sometimes a hard thing to identify and sometimes hard to ignite for a lot of people. I myself can't find the average person arousing. I've very rarely been attracted to a person before I loved them. But once I do... its definitely there. You may or may not be like that.

Sexuality, lack of or not, is best kept in the side of your mind while trying to figure it out. Not the back because you do need to think about it, but just lightly and curiously and without making yourself stressed out. Know that if you are, it will not stop you from finding romantic love. If you aren't, theres nothing wrong with you; lots of people have a hard time finding people attractive (and once you do, its all the more precious).

Also, hello fellow Nerdfighter 3nodding

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
mixtapebang
Yes, it definitely makes a relationship more difficult. We are, at our core, sexual creatures and no matter how emotional and intellectual our relationships are, a good portion of it will be sexual to the average person. I hate to be the bearer of bad news... but, its true. I actually can't fathom a fair situation in which you could be with a sexual person without them feeling incredibly deprived.

That said, right now, its all about you. Don't worry about that. There are plenty of asexual people out there, so, you can easily find love with one of them and lead a fair, complete life with them by your side. So, don't let the fear of being deprived love sway your judgement because you can definitely still find love.

Think really hard about this, but don't let it stress yourself out. Sexuality is sometimes a hard thing to identify and sometimes hard to ignite for a lot of people. I myself can't find the average person arousing. I've very rarely been attracted to a person before I loved them. But once I do... its definitely there. You may or may not be like that.

Sexuality, lack of or not, is best kept in the side of your mind while trying to figure it out. Not the back because you do need to think about it, but just lightly and curiously and without making yourself stressed out. Know that if you are, it will not stop you from finding romantic love. If you aren't, theres nothing wrong with you; lots of people have a hard time finding people attractive (and once you do, its all the more precious).

You're awesome, and not just because you're a fellow nerdfighter. This helps so much. Thank you!

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
Foxydoe

How so?
Miss Marinara Sauce
mixtapebang

You're awesome, and not just because you're a fellow nerdfighter. This helps so much. Thank you!

I'm glad! heart Good luck!

Rainbow Fatcat

I don't really understand it. I thought it was about feeling not sexually attracted to anything. Like looking at a person and feeling as sexually attracted as the same way you'd look at a fridge or at a chair.

You might be asexual. Or you just might not be ready for sex.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lifestyle-discussion/asexuality-knowledge-and-support/t.55418115/

Rainbow Smoker

I don't think it's that unusual for girls in your age range to be put off by the idea of sex. I was pretty much the same way. It may seem like everyone's having sex but you but there are plenty of other kids who feel the same way you do out there too. The vast majority of people grow out of it as they get a little older.

I can't imagine being asexual though... it seems so lonely somehow. I kind of automatically start feeling bad for someone if they say they're asexual, because I think of all the stuff they're missing, and then I feel like a jackass for thinking that. If they're happy that's fine. I just can't imagine sex not being a priority in my life.

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
Whatever floats ones boat. I know an asexual guy and save for the occasional flare of misanthropy on occasion, he gets on wonderfully with his wife. I'm not sure whether they are both asexual, or just he is.
Miss Marinara Sauce
Foxydoe

How so?

I like to know that as well as sex can be boring as well if there is no feeling or meaning to.

Asexuals can be fun and do all sorts of things with others, they just lack an interest in sex for one reason or another. Sex doesn't equal love and technically one can love without sex and have a relationship and bond with others (though long lasting relationships are unlikely unless both are asexual as one partner will sooner or later would want sex and would be hard to restrain from it). And relationships just all about sex don't last as it is important to have communication and some common interest where you can relate to one another and spend time together doing other things.

Dapper Ladykiller

rolleyes

And asexual couples can reproduce asexually, too.

Bashful Bunny

10,650 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Perfect Attendance 400
α ∂яɛαм...Ɩ'м ∂яɛαмιиɢ α ∂яɛαм... α ∂яɛαм Ɩ ∂яɛαм ɛʌɛяʏ ∂αʏ... αи ɛи∂ℓɛƨƨ ∂яɛαм...

- - -
it kinda sounds like an excuse for ugly people not to get laid but ok lol
- - -

α мαɛя∂˙˙˙м,Ɩ ɢиιмαɛя∂ α мαɛя∂˙˙˙ α мαɛя∂ Ɩ мαɛя∂ ʏα∂ ʏяɛvɛ˙˙˙ƨƨɛℓ∂иɛ иα мαɛя∂˙˙˙
Cuppolove
rolleyes

And asexual couples can reproduce asexually, too.

Only if they are a sponge.
I'm a proud Gryffindor and atheist.

WHAT

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out