Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you feel like your all alone in the world?

Yes,I do 0.21951219512195 22.0% [ 18 ]
Sometimes 0.4390243902439 43.9% [ 36 ]
No,I have a "life" [me:says you...] 0.34146341463415 34.1% [ 28 ]
Total Votes:[ 82 ]
This poll closed on February 2, 2008.
No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 >

Awww, my parents are not divorced. I feel soooooooooo freakin sorry for you. I can't imagine what it would be like. I would probably severly injure myself. sad
nope mine are together
My parentals are divored. Four years or so, now. I took it pretty hard, but now it's okay.

7,250 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
y mom and my dad never got married. and I've allways lived with my mom and my step dad like foprever (way before i turned 1) b ut my mom and step dad have been talkin about gettin a divorce like forever and they sleep in seperate rooms like since september. so i kinda know how u feel

Dapper Sex Symbol

11,500 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
My parents got divorced in 1997.
My parents are divorced and it's the best thing that could have happened for them. biggrin
My parents are divorced and I never really thought of it as anything huge. I hated my dad and seeing all their fights all the time. I was very glad to see him leave :3
My parents are not divorced, atleast not yet anyways. They are separated at the moment though and yes there is a difference between divorced and separated. My dad is in the Philippines while my mom is here in Miami with my sister, my grandma and I. I'm not taking it 'horribly' and I've been dealing with it though. Hopefully they will work out their problems themselves in a mature manner. I'm old enough to know that if they do get divorced that it's for a good reason (I mean the Philippines isn't legalized on divorce and it'd be breaking a law in my religion). I trust my parents that whatever decision they make it'll better everyone.
Yes, my parents are divorced.

I was three years old when my mother discovered my father cheating on her with a woman who was pregnet. He then left her. After some time, the other woman left my dad and he came back to my mom. At that time I was around four or five and my sister was around three or four. We moved to Georgia so my parents could try and start freash. But after some time it fell apart.

My mom then met my step dad and ended up sexually melesting me for their entire marrage (about three years).I was ten when my mother got married a second time (my father was absolutly no help through out the entire time from when we found out to when we moved to Texas and were basically homeless for a while). After my mother discovered what he was doing she kicked him out the curb and she hasn't been married since.

I really do not have a relationship with my father because he really was never there for me when I needed him. Even when we all lived in the same house.

I never really cared too much because it would not bother me. I never really saw my father as being a major part of my life so it never bothered me when my mom got devoriced with my real dad.

Now my father is married again to this terrible woman... Oh well, it's his own damn fault for leaving such an awsome woman such as my mom.
my mom died when i was 1 but they didnt get divorced they where about 2 but she died but my dad remarried and divorced about 2 times and now hes married crying
Not really.
My parents are still together after all this time, but my dad did cheat on my mom for seven years with a woman from Tennessee.
Here's my complicated, mixed up story, just because I feel like sharing. Using fake names, because I'm cool like that. There's more complicated stuff about my family, but I'll leave that out, since it has nothing to do with my parents' divorce.

My parents appearently got seperated when I was eight, but I had no idea until I was like, ten. (The first year, my mom was out of the country, in the Philippines, for nursing school and the second year it was, "Your daddy's working late/Your daddy went to work early." type thing. So then, when I was ten, they finally told me. My mom doesn't have the guts to tell me anything, really. I'm fourteen and still haven't had the sex talk with her and I got my period before ever knowing what it was.

The reason my parents got divorced was because my dad had an affair with my best friend's (Vivian) mom, who just happened to be my mom's best friend. Custody wasn't a problem, thankfully, and my parents live two blocks away from each other. So then, I was told constently that Brenda (person my dad had an affair with) was (insert lost of bad words here) and was pressured to tell her that I hate her by my mom. Obviously, I ended up lying to my mom, telling her that I was doing what she asked, but in front of my dad, I had to call her Brenda and everything.

Then, two years ago, when I was in seventh grade, my depression hit a high point, and I started cutting. (I've sort of had depression all my life, teased throughout elementary school, thought everyone hated me, etc. I had threatened to hurt myself before, but never went through with it.) My school found out, told my parents, sent back to therapy, and all that stuff. A month later (Feb. 06), I threatened suicide, my mom found out because she went through my stuff, and I wound up in a psychiatric hospital. I was then diagnosed with depression. I was back there twice before the school year ended. Once for another suicide threat and once for an actual attempt. Then, May 26th, 2006, (a couple weeks after I was discharged for the final time of being in the hospital) Brenda tried to kill herself. I found out May 30th, which was also my 13th birthday. I also heard that my dad thought it was my fault, which I knew it wasn't. He thought so, and that's all that mattered. Brenda was in a coma for a week, and in a hospital for months. Couldn't walk, short term memory loss, and a whole bunch of other things.

I think they're breaking up now, and I never see her kids/my best friends anymore. My mom broke up with her boyfriend, too, but he still lives at my mom's house with his son...

There's more to the story about my pschyciatric stuff, but that doesn't really have to do with the divorce.

The end.
my parents devorced when i was REALLY young, it didnt effect me, probably b/c i dont really know what its like to grow up with a dad. he came by once ever year or so. but now that we mover from russia to canada, we cant see him anymore. but that didnt bother me much at all. but recently i had to decide between my first GF that i really love and my mom, and after deciding my love of my life we started to go through some really tough times and now we separated. and there is no worse feeling then being completely and entirely alone in this world. and i dont really have any true friends to support me.
My parents are still together.
But my friend's mom and dad divorced a few months ago, and it still hurts her emo

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff