Welcome to Gaia! ::

not particularly thrilled with where I am in life at the moment. the only job I could find in my area was a sewer plant that has so many workplace hazards it is possible to die every day. also, OSHA doesn't inspect city owned workplaces.

but I have to keep on working here until my game design work starts getting more popular, as a dangerous, unpleasant job is still better than no job.
Nanami.x.Yuki
freelance lover
I'm happy where I am. I got a degree in theatre. After college I manager to score a 9-month internship with a professional company that got extended to a full year. Now I live in LA and I'm working freelance. Moving to LA with no job and no plan was the single most terrifying thing I've ever done. Thankfully, I had my boyfriend with me and I already had a lot of friends from college who had moved out here, and that helped immensely.

I've been here about five months and I'm working on my second show. I'm working on booking something for the summer, probably out of state, and then I'm going to try and get something locally for the fall, and hopefully full time so I can ditch my day job. It's not easy, but I feel confident I'm on the right track. My life isn't perfect, but sometimes I have to remind myself I'm only 23, I've been out of school for less than two years, and I've been in LA less than six months. Rome wasn't built in a day and my career won't be either. But I'm working and there's a lot to be said for that, especially in today's economy and in my industry.

You seem to be doing awesome! While I never knew specifically what I wanted I always dreamed of being freelance. I know it's harder but it's more of a independent life. Good luck!

For me, freelance is a good way to build a resume and work consistently for a while. I'm hoping within the next five years or so I'll either be going back to grad school or I can get a staff position at a theatre. It's challenging, but I'm persisting.

And thank you!

Dapper Ladykiller

I've got mixed feelings.

I'm pretty happy, for the most part. I have a degree but I'm not really using it right now. I work two part-time jobs, one of which I LOVE and am constantly trying to get more responsibilities at. I'm hoping that soon, I may be able to afford to just work there.

Ultimately, though, that still won't be enough if I want to have a family or a house or anything in the future. That's all I'm really worried about. That and my student loans that I've yet to pay off...

But, again, I'm still pretty happy right now. I'm lucky enough to have two jobs, and I have a nice apartment with my fiance. C:
Definitely not.
I'm not particularly happy. Because I know what I want to do however, I have a chance at happiness still.

Lunatic

emotion_kirakira

Interesting Noob

I'll be 26 in May and I'm happy with my life. I'm married and I am a new mommy.
Well, I got to be in an orchestra and perform in a professional concert hall, which was a big dream of mine years ago.

I'm not happy with the majority of what has happened in my life post-high school, but that one is big for me.

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I just happened to get into the hosuing market when prices were getting sky-high. Now, my house is worth half of what I payed for it. Sans owing $100,000 more than what someone else moving into the neighborhood would have to pay for the same house, I have a stable job and the car I wanted. I guess I'm alright. whee

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff