Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adored Admirer

Resonare Praeteriti
That's why I planned ahead: People say that your calling in life is just going to fall into your lap one day. It doesn't. For me it took a lot of self discovery, revising, and editing to find what I really wanted to do.

Just two years ago I knew I wanted something involving archaeology, but the only thing I knew was that I didn't want to go into something that already hat a lot of work done in it, i.e. Egyptology or Classics. In those two years, however, I fell head over heels in love with Greco-Roman antiquity and couldn't live with myself if I didn't have a strong focus in Classics.

I suppose you could say things very well did change, and now I'm going into a field I never saw myself going into before, but...I honestly couldn't be happier. In Roman culture so far I've found a home away form home, a society that I would probably understand and get along with better than our own in many respects.

I'm happy you're happy. I wish you the best! ^_^

Dapper Gawker

It could be better, but it's not that bad. I mean, I'd like a better job, but at least it pays the bill. I would love for my boyfriend and I to finally close the distance, but we are having no difficulties with it since we're pretty patient and understanding of our situations.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
I could be happier with things I want to do in life still. I'd like to hurry up and get out of college and be a registered nurse.
Over all for only being 20, living in a 4 BR 2 Bath house with my SO of nearly 2 years, having a car and not needing a job to survive (I have quit most jobs as my time is always more important than money) yet still being able to shop & go out all the time I shouldn't complain at all. Still the more you get the more you want.
I'm the best off out of all of my friends my age and almost all of them that are older too. Writing this I feel privileged as hell and super greedy for wanting more but I've never been satisfied with anything less the excellence.

Enduring Phantom

I'm in college, which is always what my parents had planned for me. I am ambivalent about it. It wasn't my choice so there's nowhere else I could even be.

Dedicated Browser

9,675 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
Let's see, sailin' high seas as a pirate, not dead, inta'net access, and video games

Yeah, methinks I'm where I want ta' be
I'm 25 and I don't think I'll ever "end up" anywhere. So to speak. Sure I'm married and I have a 6 year old. I'm currently trying to go back to work, and get back into school. But I'm not done having kids yet.

I know what I want to do with my life, and I'm okay with it taking time and detours. I'm enjoying life, and really wish it'd slow down for me.

Did I see myself here 10 years ago, nope...but I'm very happy the way things have turned out.

Dapper Ladykiller

No. neutral

Benevolent Smoker

I can't complain. It doesn't mean I'm happy, but I can't complain. neutral

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
I'm happy where I am. I got a degree in theatre. After college I manager to score a 9-month internship with a professional company that got extended to a full year. Now I live in LA and I'm working freelance. Moving to LA with no job and no plan was the single most terrifying thing I've ever done. Thankfully, I had my boyfriend with me and I already had a lot of friends from college who had moved out here, and that helped immensely.

I've been here about five months and I'm working on my second show. I'm working on booking something for the summer, probably out of state, and then I'm going to try and get something locally for the fall, and hopefully full time so I can ditch my day job. It's not easy, but I feel confident I'm on the right track. My life isn't perfect, but sometimes I have to remind myself I'm only 23, I've been out of school for less than two years, and I've been in LA less than six months. Rome wasn't built in a day and my career won't be either. But I'm working and there's a lot to be said for that, especially in today's economy and in my industry.

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
ehh im 19 and a half, and i ended up in the LAST place where i thought i'd be.
In the military
However its not all that bad. Im happy with it. As bad as it seems, im getting paid and getting something to do during the day. And i suppose it's an honorable thing to do that boosts a resume nicely.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I still have no idea what I want to do with my life besides being a kick-a** sahm, but....

I'm happily married, I have a great and loving girlfriend, and I have a brilliant son. Tiring, but brilliant.

So yes, I'm happy.
freelance lover
I'm happy where I am. I got a degree in theatre. After college I manager to score a 9-month internship with a professional company that got extended to a full year. Now I live in LA and I'm working freelance. Moving to LA with no job and no plan was the single most terrifying thing I've ever done. Thankfully, I had my boyfriend with me and I already had a lot of friends from college who had moved out here, and that helped immensely.

I've been here about five months and I'm working on my second show. I'm working on booking something for the summer, probably out of state, and then I'm going to try and get something locally for the fall, and hopefully full time so I can ditch my day job. It's not easy, but I feel confident I'm on the right track. My life isn't perfect, but sometimes I have to remind myself I'm only 23, I've been out of school for less than two years, and I've been in LA less than six months. Rome wasn't built in a day and my career won't be either. But I'm working and there's a lot to be said for that, especially in today's economy and in my industry.

You seem to be doing awesome! While I never knew specifically what I wanted I always dreamed of being freelance. I know it's harder but it's more of a independent life. Good luck!

Rainbow Unicorn

I'm 21, currently taking cinema studies, so for the educational yes. On the personal level, screw that.

Ruthless Gekko

I am pretty happy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas