Welcome to Gaia! ::

Toxilicks
GoneCrazyResurrected
Obscurus
Retards don't know you're also supposed to donate, not just attention whore on FB.
I was under the impression everyone was aware that they had to donate. Or is this an inconvenient little fact most of these people forget?

Also, I can't help but think why these people don't have like, even a palm-card to use to tell people what ALS is, why it's a problem, s**t like that.

I don't see how you can force people to donate if they make a video dumping a bucket of ice on their head.

Gracious Millionaire

9,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
Annikata

I did the ice bucket challenge. I know it would be better to donate for research, but from what I've seen just doing the challenge makes everyone more aware of it.

Lonely Poster

8,850 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cool Cat 500
I didn't even realize it was being done for charity until today. I just assumed it was a craze that had become popular because it was the least potentially lethal.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
No. I rather just donate than dump cold water on my head. Besides, I did this years ago when my dad dump ice water on our heads at the beach. It was horrible.

Kawaii Autobiographer

4,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Happy Birthday! 100
GoneCrazyResurrected
Toxilicks
GoneCrazyResurrected
Obscurus
Retards don't know you're also supposed to donate, not just attention whore on FB.
I was under the impression everyone was aware that they had to donate. Or is this an inconvenient little fact most of these people forget?

Also, I can't help but think why these people don't have like, even a palm-card to use to tell people what ALS is, why it's a problem, s**t like that.

I don't see how you can force people to donate if they make a video dumping a bucket of ice on their head.
I was under the impression it was about charity. Like, everyone who participated had to donate. So, with that being said, not only are people going "LOOK AT ME", they also aren't raising awareness (From the few I've watched, not one of them has even elaborated what Lou Gherig's disease is,) it also subjects them to...crap, I forget what it was called, but basically it's this thing where if a person has done something that makes them look/feel like they've done something good, then they're apparently a whole lot less likely to do something else. (In this case, people must be like "I did the silly challenge...that's totally enough." wink

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
Dromias Weasels
Obscurus
Annikata
Obscurus

Wtf??? i look at ALS website and i took my time reading all the information that i need to know, i freakin know that already........ i don't need a reminder. Also im not a Attention whore on facebook.

Didn't say you were. You asked for opinions on the challenge so I gave you mine. Most of the retards doing this challenge don't realize you're also supposed to donate. They do it to attention whore on Facebook.

Also I'm not particularly fond of how ALS somehow bogarted the whole ice bucket thing.
I am, however, a fan of Humphrey Bogart being used as a verb.

I'm told it's common slang among people that partake of marijuana cigarettes.

Original Gaian

ღ No but I donated. ღ

Unbeatable Survivor

See, my problem with this whole thing is that everyone I see do it, doesn't donate. So basically, all I see is people preferring to dump freezing cold whatever on themselves rather than actually DOING something. Raising awareness is all well and good, but it doesn't do much if every single person someone donates just dumps water on themselves, now does it?

Yeah, I know, they've raised, what? 6 million was it? But I wager a good chunk of that was from richer people. Hell, Obama passed on the ice and just donated. I'm sure most celebrities either did the same, or did both.

So really, in my eyes, at least among the social media crowd [Or really, just Facebook] all it is is a way to PRETEND to care. To make themselves seem like good, caring people. [Protip: They're not]

Unbeatable Survivor

GhostlyMark
i really think most people aren't concerned about what the research is about is just do it to be trendy

This exactly.

Also, as I stated, people want to APPEAR to care.

Funny enough, if they cared they'd bother to even donate a few bucks.

Unbeatable Survivor

French Pizza
                some people just do it for the 'lulz'

its like saying you support cancer awareness on facebook
                but not actually participating/donating in cancer related foundations

Or posting one of those statuses or pictures about some disease [Usually cancer] and saying if others don't do it they're heartless and don't care... but that's all they actually do. Is post said status or picture.

Unbeatable Survivor

The Court of Owls
My aunt challenged me, but I really don't feel like dumping gallons of water on my head just so she can have a giggle. I also don't donate to charities for humans.

Though my dad and Markiplier made me lul when I watched theirs.

My suggestion is to donate to a cause you believe in, whatever that may be [Maybe something dealing with animals? I'm just guessing based on your wording, of course].

That's just a suggestion, though. You don't have to.

Unbeatable Survivor

freelance lover
No one challenged me so I haven't done it yet emotion_awesome

I'd probably just donate. We're in a drought, ain't nobody got time to be wasting water like that.

That's another thing that annoys me about this whole thing. Sure, most of the country isn't in a drought, but honestly, California is a pretty big state, so I highly believe at least a good enough amount of people who did it were from California. And that's seriously irresponsible. Either donate or move along, I say.

Magical Cutesmasher

11,250 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Clambake 200
violette lumineux
The Court of Owls
My aunt challenged me, but I really don't feel like dumping gallons of water on my head just so she can have a giggle. I also don't donate to charities for humans.

Though my dad and Markiplier made me lul when I watched theirs.

My suggestion is to donate to a cause you believe in, whatever that may be [Maybe something dealing with animals? I'm just guessing based on your wording, of course].

That's just a suggestion, though. You don't have to.

I didn't say I didn't donate to any charities.

I just said I don't donate to human charities.

Timid Flatterer

9,525 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Signature Look 250
I have been challenged to do so.. but I haven't yet... neutral
violette lumineux
freelance lover
No one challenged me so I haven't done it yet emotion_awesome

I'd probably just donate. We're in a drought, ain't nobody got time to be wasting water like that.

That's another thing that annoys me about this whole thing. Sure, most of the country isn't in a drought, but honestly, California is a pretty big state, so I highly believe at least a good enough amount of people who did it were from California. And that's seriously irresponsible. Either donate or move along, I say.

Almost all my friends out here did it. One guy did it in his pool, which is less wasteful, or some people did it in their shower, so not terrible, but yeah. The drought it terrible here and I feel bad when I catch myself running the faucet when I brush my teeth, I'm not wasting water that way.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff