Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Kitten

Shark Bacon
I had to YouTube it to find out what it was. And it was a mixture of creeping Mr out/sounds making me want to gag.

So. I don't know if I count. I definitely felt something (sick) from some of the sounds.

But it's not something I'd like to do again.

Neat trick.

Have fun.

listen to tapping/crinkling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp__47csVwc

make sure to wear headphones this video has my favorite crinkly ball in it smile
I get that feeling when a person is gently pulling on my hair, like trying to braid it and they're scared of hurting me by pulling to hard.

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
Corinthian_Vagabond
Shark Bacon
I had to YouTube it to find out what it was. And it was a mixture of creeping Mr out/sounds making me want to gag.

So. I don't know if I count. I definitely felt something (sick) from some of the sounds.

Neat trick.

Have fun.

You know it's funny...people either get grossed out by it, or they feel relaxed and really good. There never seems to be an in-between.

From what you described I'd say I get those sensations when I lean back on a certain part of my head, where the benign tumor is. I thought it was normal until I described the symptoms to my doctor and he said I am probably experiencing a high similar to morphine or an opiate. I don't really enjoy it, though - I'd rather feel fully lucid.
Jason0690
Some music, and the change from extreme cold to pleasantly hot does this.
However the ASMR specific videos do nothing for me.
Extreme cold to hot is probably not countable though, because it's an almost all-over body sensation.

The reaction to music starts with a warm tingly in my head-to-spine joint.
However, the music in question is usually emotionally charged for me, such as:

But Gregorian chanting works too. So I dunno.

Then again Ronan Harris' voice is kinda whispery, and if he made an audiobook, I'm pretty damn sure that I could just fall asleep listening to him.

Music has never done it for me for some reason. Not that I lack feel-goods when I listen to music, because it's music, but I don't get ASMR from it.

I use to have a teacher with a voice like that. I had a hard time not falling asleep in her class. xD It was pretty bad because I was generally a great student.
MrsHanaway
I get that feeling when a person is gently pulling on my hair, like trying to braid it and they're scared of hurting me by pulling to hard.

OMG YES.

But I got a pixie cut so that never happens anymore. xD Ever used one of those head messagers? I wonder if they word just as well.
flauterfli
Corinthian_Vagabond
Shark Bacon

Neat trick.

Have fun.

You know it's funny...people either get grossed out by it, or they feel relaxed and really good. There never seems to be an in-between.

From what you described I'd say I get those sensations when I lean back on a certain part of my head, where the benign tumor is. I thought it was normal until I described the symptoms to my doctor and he said I am probably experiencing a high similar to morphine or an opiate. I don't really enjoy it, though - I'd rather feel fully lucid.

At the mention of a tumor, for a brief moment I thought you were trolling. I'm spending way to much time in the GD.

I've taken opiates before (after surgery) and that's nothing like this. Generally you stay lucid. Did he say that was dangerous?
Toki Bird
I'm a HUGE ASMR addict, I listen to it almost every night. Even thinking about it is giving me the tingles lol
I discovered what it was a few years ago, however I remember the first time ever experiencing it was when I was in kindergarten and learning how to use chopsticks for a cultural day or something like that and having the woman who was showing us lean over me.

Tapping, scratching, and crinkling noises are my favorite. Mouth sounds are starting to grow on me. I like objects being tapped together better than nails and 3D sounds are a MUST, especially ear to ear
I bought a really nice pair of earphones specially for my ASMR addiction.

Favorite artists:
MassageASMR does EXCELLENT tapping videos, he does the tiniest tapping sounds up close to your ears and his videos are superb. However I think he talks too much in a lot of them, but that's not too bad of a negative for me. Plus I think he's really attractive, and his accent is oh so wonderful.

asmrHQ has really nice videos. She has this ball in a plastic wrapper that makes me go into a coma. And she taps ping pong balls oh so wonderfully

DonnaASMR has nice videos.

For the occasion I like personal attention, GentleWhispering, and asmrRequests have great videos.

gah now I want to watch some.

I'm Jelly. I wish I could watch it every night, but eventually the effect wears off and I have to wait a while for it to come back. It sucks. The same isn't true for when I experience tactile stimulation on my head, but that's not exactly something I can recreate on my own.

I wish some scientists would hurry up and study it to see what makes it stronger and what makes it wear off.

Tipsy Kitten

Corinthian_Vagabond
Toki Bird
I'm a HUGE ASMR addict, I listen to it almost every night. Even thinking about it is giving me the tingles lol
I discovered what it was a few years ago, however I remember the first time ever experiencing it was when I was in kindergarten and learning how to use chopsticks for a cultural day or something like that and having the woman who was showing us lean over me.

Tapping, scratching, and crinkling noises are my favorite. Mouth sounds are starting to grow on me. I like objects being tapped together better than nails and 3D sounds are a MUST, especially ear to ear

Favorite artists:
MassageASMR does EXCELLENT tapping videos, he does the tiniest tapping sounds up close to your ears and his videos are superb. However I think he talks too much in a lot of them, but that's not too bad of a negative for me. Plus I think he's really attractive, and his accent is oh so wonderful.

asmrHQ has really nice videos. She has this ball in a plastic wrapper that makes me go into a coma. And she taps ping pong balls oh so wonderfully

For the occasion I like personal attention, GentleWhispering, and asmrRequests have great videos.

I'm Jelly. I wish I could watch it every night, but eventually the effect wears off and I have to wait a while for it to come back. It sucks. The same isn't true for when I experience tactile stimulation on my head, but that's not exactly something I can recreate on my own.

I wish some scientists would hurry up and study it to see what makes it stronger and what makes it wear off.

I would love to see what the brain looks like when experiencing it, what parts are lighting up and what causes people to feel ASMR, etc. Or even, why do we experience it? More neuroscientists need to do some exploratory imaging of it.
Toki Bird
Corinthian_Vagabond
Toki Bird

Favorite artists:

I would love to see what the brain looks like when experiencing it, what parts are lighting up and what causes people to feel ASMR, etc. Or even, why do we experience it? More neuroscientists need to do some exploratory imaging of it.

I think as soon as people discovered a monetary value in it, it will start leading to more studies. Otherwise there wouldn't be a point in funding it, even if scientists want to study it.

I should come up with a business plan....

Lonely Wolf

Thinking about the way my boyfriend looks at me so lovingly and what he says to me to make me feel special makes me get sensual vibrations through my body and makes tingle and helps me to relax and fall asleep. Is that really the same thing?

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
Corinthian_Vagabond
flauterfli
Corinthian_Vagabond
Shark Bacon

Neat trick.

Have fun.

At the mention of a tumor, for a brief moment I thought you were trolling. I'm spending way to much time in the GD.

I've taken opiates before (after surgery) and that's nothing like this. Generally you stay lucid. Did he say that was dangerous?
Bahah yup, sounds like the GD. It's pretty much benign, from what we know.

Ah, yeah, I've been on morphine/opiates after surgeries, too..no bueno.
He recommended not doing leaning back on the pressure point because it might cause blood restriction to certain parts of the brain or something, if the tumor to press on anything. They've been recently checking up on the tumor to make sure the pregnancy didn't cause any growth or malignant cancer (which can happen with benign brain tumors during pregnancy, but they're not really certain why). I had an MRI this week and will find out the results on the 2nd.

Mega Puppy

i loooove me some ASMR. puts me to sleep when I otherwise can't. like a lot of us, I love massageASMR, something about his voice is really calming and he always seems to hit every trigger that I have.
pigsbum53 is also a favorite, along with WhispersUnicorn. i think my first ASMR experience online was with ASMR NovaStar and thewaterwhispers.

aaahhh i love talking to people about ASMR, I actually showed it to one of my roommates and her and I talk about it a lot, especially around finals week.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I was looking at different techniques to do shoulder massages because I usually get compliments on my shoulder massaging, and I randomly stumbled on it LOL. I saw one dude constantly whispering and he was so funny xD I couldn't take him seriously at all haha.

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
i get it really bad when i get my hair cut, or my eyebrows waxed, or at the dentist. basically when someone i dont really know is very near to my ears, head and neck.

pancake9's Husband

Intergalactic Ladykiller

12,800 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Married 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
Phantom Wang Syndrome
i get it really bad when i get my hair cut, or my eyebrows waxed, or at the dentist. basically when someone i dont really know is very near to my ears, head and neck.

UGH SAME. I used to hate getting my hair cut because the tingle in my back was so unbearable.

It's kind of manageable now but I never really understood people that enjoy that feeling. It's almost paralyzing in how awful it feels xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff