Welcome to Gaia! ::

has anyone here ever taken pills for anxiety, and if you don't mind could you tell me what for? as in your specific symptoms and problems that led to you taking meds?

I started having really bad panic attacks where my chest was hurting and I was having trouble breathing. Now I'm on anxiety meds before I go to sleep, and during the day if I need it.

Note: I'm bi-polar and have a lot of mental issues.
It would start off as a sharp pain in my lower back and work its way up my spine, then I would feel like a bubble in my chest. Then when it felt like that bubble had busted I couldn't breathe anymore. It happened on several occasions in public so now they have me on Claudentine. It's a high blood pressure med used to treat anxiety.
--- { User Image
My brain is not damaged
But in need of some repair

well, my anxiety attacks have gotten worse, as in,
short of breath, intense headaches, chest pains, etc.
so enters the happy pills.

User Image
Hold on to the basics
But we can change all our tactics

^What kind of happy pills? wink

I took Paxil for a little while. Symptoms: I would feel like I wanted to burst into tears for no reason, my heart would be pounding way too fast, and I felt like I was going to die o_O Anyway, the pills didn't do s**t except make things worse, but it's definitely different for everyone.
KLONOPIN. <3
For panic attacks.
Oh, such a lovely medication~
WakeUp_MaggieMay
^What kind of happy pills? wink
--- { User Image
My brain is not damaged

my friend valium.

User Image
Hold on to the basics

hey thanks this is really informative. do you guys go through periods without any attacks or is it kind of consistent? ups and downs? and, like, do you consider yourselves depressed also?
cassandra kazenzakis
hey thanks this is really informative. do you guys go through periods without any attacks or is it kind of consistent? ups and downs? and, like, do you consider yourselves depressed also?
--- { User Image
My brain is not damaged

yes/yes/yes.

User Image
Hold on to the basics

It's usually when I get really stressed out, like around mid-term week. Or when I have too much pressure on my shoulders, then I get the very often. But I've tried going to the woods and meditating. I'm very connected to nature so it's a way to relax.And about depression, I'm not depressed until I fail....and on come the panic attacks.
I have a severe phobia that causes panic attacks and anxiety. The attacks can be mild to severe. I take Ativan as a "rescue" medication as I need it for the severe ones. It works well, for what I need it for, and I like it better than having to take something regularly.
You just answered your own question. Anxiety Meds are for anxiety disorders. I'm on Lexapro for clinical depression and generalized anxiety disorder. I had to start taking them because both those issues were interfering with my life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff