Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lets Eat Pizza
-ThE LoCal HipPY-
Lets Eat Pizza
As a proud anti-feminist, I've gone to local rallies, womens groups, and more to spread the real oppression that men face, and to show that women are not victims or oppressed in any way in the States. Due to being anti-feminist, girls in the school my son attends cannot wear "Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them: shirts- and in the same, girls are FORCED to do the same exercises as boys despite the female teacher and some female parents disliking it.
I've helped to raise awareness about the lack of male shelters and help lines there is, and am currently getting a fundraiser, locally, set up for male abuse victims, rape victims, domestic violence, etc for the men and boys in the area.
I'm also a proud intactivist, which goes along with the information I give regarding how you can mutilate boys and not girls. Thankfully, with how much of a sexist movement feminism has become, these little notions go a long way to make sure our men and boys are safe.

So, any other anti-feminists out there? Even if you don't do anything, thank you! And if you do things, what type do you do? I love hearing these amazing stories.

EDIT- I've already spoke to a mod. If I tell you to PM me and you reply back, I am allowed to report you. Try to be courteous to someone who is doing good.

Wow, let me just say as a feminist I really love your viewpoints and your experience outlooks here. Especially the instance with your sons school banning propaganda that promotes hated towards males. I liked reading about your considerations for the inequalities of men's shelters versus women's shelters too. Allow me to prose this. As a feminist who as adopted feminist view from what educated feminists have taught me I have been taught more about gender equality and not hated toward males. Seeing people call themselves feminists that act out to hate males is not my, experience with feminists. So, it was really great to read about your experiences with them and how it is a opposite movement compared to what I have seen as the feminist movement. I would consider some of the practices you mentioned as male haters or oppressors and not what I know as the definition of feminism. Thank you so much for this exposure to opposing viewpoints. I guess this is a great example how people can come in the same name of something but represent different values.
You can tell the generations of feminism to where a person stands on how they are able to take in and react. I respect you, and thank you for the collective reply, especially compared to the many insults and threads I have had the 'joy' of receiving because of this thread.
As easy as it is, I'm curious as to why feminists who want actual equality do not take the label as egalitarian. That focuses on both gender's rights, rather than one gender over the other as feminism does.

It is my understanding that changing the name of what is-was the intent historically and currently for feminism I.e gender equality should not be renamed because this would show surrender to groups who name themselves as feminists but are actual male hate groups. To surrender I feel would be like encouraging the hate, to stand up and try to correct these haters who call themselves feminists would be an attempt to smother the hate. In the end as a feminist which is an equalist I don't want to encourage hate. I want to speak up for equality and helping fellow man and women and viewing all people with equal liberties. Thank you so much for all the positive awareness, work, and encouragement you are doing in the area of helping males. You truly are doing great work and I as a feminist thank you for stepping up and encouraging and helping and building strong men. Peace with me and peace with you.
Yobyaxes S
-ThE LoCal HipPY-
Lets Eat Pizza
As a proud anti-feminist, I've gone to local rallies, womens groups, and more to spread the real oppression that men face, and to show that women are not victims or oppressed in any way in the States. Due to being anti-feminist, girls in the school my son attends cannot wear "Boys are stupid. Throw rocks at them: shirts- and in the same, girls are FORCED to do the same exercises as boys despite the female teacher and some female parents disliking it.
I've helped to raise awareness about the lack of male shelters and help lines there is, and am currently getting a fundraiser, locally, set up for male abuse victims, rape victims, domestic violence, etc for the men and boys in the area.
I'm also a proud intactivist, which goes along with the information I give regarding how you can mutilate boys and not girls. Thankfully, with how much of a sexist movement feminism has become, these little notions go a long way to make sure our men and boys are safe.

So, any other anti-feminists out there? Even if you don't do anything, thank you! And if you do things, what type do you do? I love hearing these amazing stories.

EDIT- I've already spoke to a mod. If I tell you to PM me and you reply back, I am allowed to report you. Try to be courteous to someone who is doing good.

Wow, let me just say as a feminist I really love your viewpoints and your experience outlooks here. Especially the instance with your sons school banning propaganda that promotes hated towards males. I liked reading about your considerations for the inequalities of men's shelters versus women's shelters too. Allow me to prose this. As a feminist who as adopted feminist view from what educated feminists have taught me I have been taught more about gender equality and not hated toward males. Seeing people call themselves feminists that act out to hate males is not my, experience with feminists. So, it was really great to read about your experiences with them and how it is a opposite movement compared to what I have seen as the feminist movement. I would consider some of the practices you mentioned as male haters or oppressors and not what I know as the definition of feminism. Thank you so much for this exposure to opposing viewpoints. I guess this is a great example how people can come in the same name of something but represent different values.

I was going to stop reading your post after reading the bold but in response to the rest of what you wrote; feminists do indeed hate men, but it's actually their choice of words that trick people into thinking that they don't. Perhaps you choose not to have heard it, but if they were to speak about "rape culture" or anything like that, they would instead act like victims rather than acting out in anger. You probably heard the same talking points that me and the OP heard, but chose to take them with a different emotion standpoint than we did, as we rightfully saw bigotry and prejudice while those that claim they want to help only saw victims.

I appreciate your constructed critisisms but honeslty in the culture I live in this is what we teach, and live as ffeminism. I can entertain the idea that I am perhaps confused but, I can also entertain the thought that if you cannot understand my cultures ideals of feminism it is in fact you you are a bigot.
-ThE LoCal HipPY-
Yobyaxes S
-ThE LoCal HipPY-
Lets Eat Pizza

I was going to stop reading your post after reading the bold but in response to the rest of what you wrote; feminists do indeed hate men, but it's actually their choice of words that trick people into thinking that they don't. Perhaps you choose not to have heard it, but if they were to speak about "rape culture" or anything like that, they would instead act like victims rather than acting out in anger. You probably heard the same talking points that me and the OP heard, but chose to take them with a different emotion standpoint than we did, as we rightfully saw bigotry and prejudice while those that claim they want to help only saw victims.

I appreciate your constructed critisisms but honeslty in the culture I live in this is what we teach, and live as ffeminism. I can entertain the idea that I am perhaps confused but, I can also entertain the thought that if you cannot understand my cultures ideals of feminism it is in fact you you are a bigot.

I would just like to share my appreciation for women like Susan Anthony who used her voice and passion for perusing women's right to have a voice, to tell the men who didn't understand that women had a mind that can be voiced also. I would like to show my appreciation for them women who joined the work force to keep my society running to provide for their nations needs while men were gone fighting. I would like to show my appreciation for the women who took a stand to acknowledge and voice their ideas that women should be paid the same wages for the same work that men perform. I would like to show my appreciation to all the women who serve to defend their nation allowing side the men that have the heart and passion to do so. I would like to thank the men and women who value one another to understand that we are different genders but ultimately people who need to work together. Thank you women who took the stand to realize they have more value than to be a doormat to their husband's or treat men as a door mat. In my heart that is only a fraction of what the equality that feminism is. Men and women working together to build strong men and strong women.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Lets Eat Pizza
Nope. I'm seeking to where females cannot hide behind being females to act like a victim, be treated better, and show that women are not oppressed in any form- thus making feminism pointless.
I fight for the rights of males, and once they are not oppressed anymore, I will be a strict egalitarian/humanist.

arrow Let's turn that around to make it more accurate:

"I'm seeking to where males cannot hide behind being males to act like a victim, be treated better, and show them that males are not oppressed in any form- thus making masculism pointless."

arrow "I fight for the rights of females, and once they are not oppressed anymore, I will be a strict egalitarian/humanist"

1)I think you do not understand the meaning of either word. Feminism is actually egalitarianism, but apparently, as men aren't included in the title and because men aren't spearheading the conversation, it must be 'misandry'. Humanism is actually about reason-based thinking rather than faith or dogma-based thinking.

2) Male rape happens. Men are the victims of assault. But in what percentage? Won't fighting against female domestic abuse also make way for addressing male domestic abuse? And, what about trans men? Are they also included? Because feminism is way ahead of you.

3) Calling yourself an anti-feminist makes you sound like you have all these things against feminism, but forget what feminism is also doing for men in society.
AngryVeganQueer

arrow Let's turn that around to make it more accurate:

"I'm seeking to where males cannot hide behind being males to act like a victim, be treated better, and show them that males are not oppressed in any form- thus making masculism pointless."

arrow "I fight for the rights of females, and once they are not oppressed anymore, I will be a strict egalitarian/humanist"

1)I think you do not understand the meaning of either word. Feminism is actually egalitarianism, but apparently, as men aren't included in the title and because men aren't spearheading the conversation, it must be 'misandry'. Humanism is actually about reason-based thinking rather than faith or dogma-based thinking.

2) Male rape happens. Men are the victims of assault. But in what percentage? Won't fighting against female domestic abuse also make way for addressing male domestic abuse? And, what about trans men? Are they also included? Because feminism is way ahead of you.

3) Calling yourself an anti-feminist makes you sound like you have all these things against feminism, but forget what feminism is also doing for men in society.
I can't/won't take you seriously with a username that pretty much sounds like it's meant for trolling, but-
Feminism isn't equality. Actions of feminists have proven this more than needed.
Feminists have 'fought' against female abuse, but have lacked fighting against males. There are more than enough ads of all kind to target females being victims, without showing males. Even a Macy's in store ad did this, and it's sickening.
Rarely do I see a 'feminist' stand up for trans. My brother (F2M) and a good friend (M2F) have both been harassed, the friend almost to suicide because of this. So, no. Feminism in itself is far behind.
You've proven my point on why I'm an anti-feminist. Because of what is is doing to hurt both women and men in society.

And thank you.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Lets Eat Pizza
I can't/won't take you seriously with a username that pretty much sounds like it's meant for trolling, but-
Feminism isn't equality. Actions of feminists have proven this more than needed.
Feminists have 'fought' against female abuse, but have lacked fighting against males. There are more than enough ads of all kind to target females being victims, without showing males. Even a Macy's in store ad did this, and it's sickening.
Rarely do I see a 'feminist' stand up for trans. My brother (F2M) and a good friend (M2F) have both been harassed, the friend almost to suicide because of this. So, no. Feminism in itself is far behind.
You've proven my point on why I'm an anti-feminist. Because of what is is doing to hurt both women and men in society.

And thank you.

I can and will call myself atheistveganqueer because I am all three things.
Regardless of their actions, feminism is about equality.
Show me that add. Perhaps it's a matter of marketing or a male-driven culture in which men are seen and treated as too tough to ever be the victim. And if they are, they have to hide it. Goodness forbid they talk about abuse by women or by other men. Feminism seeks to make it a safe space for men to also be considered. You are using adds and the actions of some feminists to judge the entire movement.
Really? What are anti-feminists doing, then? Again, taking the lack of support two people you know received as a sample to judge feminism?
Great.
Continue to do nothing and demonize the thing you know nothing about save what you've heard or the feminists you have faced. It's much easier to condemn something you have done no research on, have probably not researched nor delved deep enough to understand what it is about.
You could do more if you worked towards a more inclusive feminism instead of doing just what feminism is trying to do but being a douchebag about it. Calling yourself an anti-feminist and doing something feminism is trying to do doesn't make you an anti-feminist, just a feminist in self-denial with some very skewed and ignorant views.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Yobyaxes S

1) Not that argument again. Kinda an oxymoron you made there since you said feminism is "egalitarianism", but if that's the case then why AREN'T men included in the title? rolleyes

2) Higher than you think, though I wouldn't take it that you'd care much if you would consider the majority of those victims to "deserve" it.

3) If either me or the OP forgot what feminism is doing then we wouldn't care about what it's doing, but since we didn't forget what feminism is doing for men, that's why we're both anti-feminists.

arrow Men are so fragile; Suddenly, if they aren't in the title, they feel excluded. It must be so painful to not see the word 'man' everywhere and know it is about you. Let's just fight for Male Rights and not Human Rights in general, because goodness forbid men aren't explicitly included.
'Feminism' addresses the issue of gender roles in society and how adherence to them also harms men. Female-ness is regarded as negative and hyper-masculinity prevents men from showing vulnerability and being open about their own gender expression. Gay and non-heterosexual men are also covered under feminism, as is the most straight of straight men.
Feminism is titled feminism because of the negative connotations associated with being a woman, or with being 'feminine'. Tell me, what negative connotations are there with being a man, typically? Close to zero.

arrow It may be higher than I think, yes. But it is under-reported for the same exact reasons I pointed above; Because of the hyper-masculinity that this patriarchal and male-driven society has instilled in boys and men. Because they are ashamed to show weakness and to seek help or treatment. Because they feel they can deal with trauma and abuse by themselves, which endangers their relationships with others. Men are a lot more fragile emotionally than they dare admit. I never said they deserved it. Yes, it happens and it is a shame, but seeking to dismantle feminism will not help them, because feminism can tell men that it is okay to show 'weakness' and to show that they aren't this wall of strength and stoicism all the goddamned time.

arrow I really doubt that you understand what feminism is about. I just think you're straw-manning it so you can attack it. You poison the well and then go about demonizing feminism for whatever way you feel it has failed you. Well, it's not feminism's fault...it's your fault that you seem to think that attacking it and ridiculing it will get you anywhere. Feminism fights for all genders and all sexes. Yours included.
But if you and the OP really feel that this is the way to go, go right ahead. You're both basing your arguments on a skewed view of a movement that you're both severely uninformed about.

Sparkling Man-Lover

12,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
Yobyaxes S

Actually, my problem is that I see the true and I saw feminism for what it is based on it's actions and not it's definition. Care to explain to me why feminists protested against talks in colleges that go against their scripture as well as all the threats that they send to anyone that doesn't tow the feminist line?

Don't tell me you're gonna say "those aren't real feminists" now?

arrow I don't have to explain anything to you because you are beyond being reasoned with. Regardless of what I say, you will continue to demonize feminism.

Bye, now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces