• Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
MrLife
Marquessa_De_Sade
Odinochka
averykae
Odinochka

Then dont have sex unless you're emotionally, financially, and psychically to handle pregnancy.
talk2hand

Because the only reason to have sex is to potentially have children?

But seriously, there is nothing wrong with abortion. It's a practical and great solution to an unwanted problem.
from a medical stand point...I cant even start to tell you how wrong you are on that.
From a psychological one...its disastrous.

repeat abortions are harmful. That is a medical fact.

Not to mention the denial of a baby's life...

I keep reading her comment and seeing some twisted commercial that goes
"Abortion! the quick way to scoop and suck the baby away! quick and easy no fuss no mess. Call today for your free toaster with every vacuuming!"
Its not an easy thing. it is not a viable medical cure-all for pregnancy. Being responsible though...is.
I cant get my head around the idea...that her mentality is "a practical and great solution to an unwanted problem".

Its not. Any doctor will tell her that. Not on moral grounds but on medical ones. stressed

Sugary Cat

Marquessa_De_Sade
MiameMiame
averykae
Odinochka

Then dont have sex unless you're emotionally, financially, and psychically to handle pregnancy.
talk2hand
Dictating when and how people can and should have sex. How liberal and feministic of you biggrin
So people should have sex when they are not emotionally able to handle it or be ready?
INDEED that is far better.

I think it is logical to expect people to have sex when they actually -can- handle it emotionally.
Emotionally able to handle pregnancy. As if having sex for fun is something out of this world.

I don't give a damn what standards other people set themselves before they have sex. It's none of anyone's business when others have sex.
Marquessa_De_Sade
MrLife
Marquessa_De_Sade
Odinochka
averykae
Odinochka

talk2hand

Because the only reason to have sex is to potentially have children?

But seriously, there is nothing wrong with abortion. It's a practical and great solution to an unwanted problem.
from a medical stand point...I cant even start to tell you how wrong you are on that.
From a psychological one...its disastrous.

repeat abortions are harmful. That is a medical fact.

Not to mention the denial of a baby's life...

I keep reading her comment and seeing some twisted commercial that goes
"Abortion! the quick way to scoop and suck the baby away! quick and easy no fuss no mess. Call today for your free toaster with every vacuuming!"
Its not an easy thing. it is not a viable medical cure-all for pregnancy. Being responsible though...is.
I cant get my head around the idea...that her mentality is "a practical and great solution to an unwanted problem".

Its not. Any doctor will tell her that. Not on moral grounds but on medical ones. stressed

Maybe she's just a kid.

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
MiameMiame
Marquessa_De_Sade
MiameMiame
averykae
Odinochka

talk2hand
Dictating when and how people can and should have sex. How liberal and feministic of you biggrin
So people should have sex when they are not emotionally able to handle it or be ready?

I think it is logical to expect people to have sex when they actually -can- handle it emotionally.
Emotionally able to handle pregnancy. As if having sex for fun is something out of this world.

I don't give a damn what standards other people set themselves before they have sex. It's none of anyone's business when others have sex.
who said anything whether sex is fun or not. or if sex for fun was bad or not.
I know I didnt.
As for what people are doing sexually? Here is a news flash. Yes it DOES effect people as if you are having unprotected sex, you are risking other people and those other peoples partners.
YES it does matter...to those that are not selfish and self absorbed and understand that if you are old enough to do the boomboom you SHOULD be old enough and mature enough to take responsibility for it.
Not...hard.

That is why there are LAWS that state things like if you know you have herpes or AIDS and knowingly have sex with a partner and do not inform them...you can be charged with a crime.

I know, -some- feminist believe that it is all about what they want to do and NO ONE CAN TELL THEM NOT TO DO SOMETHING..but guess what. it effects others and their health.
MiameMiame
Marquessa_De_Sade
MiameMiame
averykae
Odinochka

talk2hand

what she meant was, if you do it just be ready for the risks. If you aint, then don't cuz you may jeopardize the life of your baby.

Sugary Cat

Marquessa_De_Sade
MiameMiame
Marquessa_De_Sade
MiameMiame
averykae

talk2hand

I know I didnt.
As for what people are doing sexually? Here is a news flash. Yes it DOES effect people as if you are having unprotected sex, you are risking other people and those other peoples partners.
YES it does matter...to those that are not selfish and self absorbed and understand that if you are old enough to do the boomboom you SHOULD be old enough and mature enough to take responsibility for it.
Not...hard.

That is why there are LAWS that state things like if you know you have herpes or AIDS and knowingly have sex with a partner and do not inform them...you can be charged with a crime.

I know, -some- feminist believe that it is all about what they want to do and NO ONE CAN TELL THEM NOT TO DO SOMETHING..but guess what. it effects others and their health.
Very capslock. Many upset.

The post that I was reacting to said:
Quote:

I try so hard to give a s**t about the people who have "unprepared" sex, but I can't, It affects other people their health, not mine. I am not concencerned about the physical or mental well-being of people I have no relation to whatsoever. I feel like I have to point out that that (obviously) excludes, my family, friends and other people I hold dear but besides that.. nope. No ******** given.

Even if the people I would hold dear would do something irresponsible, I have limited influence over their lives. So though there are ******** given, there would be little I could do about it.
MiameMiame
Marquessa_De_Sade
MiameMiame
Marquessa_De_Sade
MiameMiame

I know I didnt.
Not...hard.

Very capslock. Many upset.

The post that I was reacting to said:
Quote:

I try so hard to give a s**t about the people who have "unprepared" sex, but I can't, It affects other people their health, not mine. I am not concencerned about the physical or mental well-being of people I have no relation to whatsoever. I feel like I have to point out that that (obviously) excludes, my family, friends and other people I hold dear but besides that.. nope. No ******** given.

Even if the people I would hold dear would do something irresponsible, I have limited influence over their lives. So though there are ******** given, there would be little I could do about it.

Well, you would at least try to advice them right? So that's good. I agree that no one can control the choice of others. It's ridiculous how the society has provided education about sex and yet unprepared pregnancy is still rampant and even underage sex is getting out of hand. When impulsive people abuse freedom imo they should be guided strictly by their loved ones.

Angelic Husband

11,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
My view is that each person, man or woman, should be allowed to pursue whatever life they choose (within the law), so long as they have the ability to do it.

Lonely Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I'm the same way. Though if women want to fight for more then more power for them. I'm all for equality. However...I don't like those who are anti-men and think all men are evil (hello tumblr), and I hate being judged for what I decide to do with my life.

I have been told before that I should be working, even have two jobs. I've seen post that say "if you aren't doing (insert something women have fought for) then you are setting all of women kind backwards. Really? I enjoy staying at home and taking care of the household. I enjoy cleaning and taking care of our daughter. No one should try and tell me other wise.

Women fought for the choice to do what they want. Want to work? Okay fine. Want to be a housewife/sahm? Okay thats fine too. Hell even if a woman chooses to be a stripper (hey it can happen), then great. Thats YOUR life choice and no one elses.
MiameMiame
Women dont need feminism anymore, not in this society atleast. they need a backbone, just like men actually. Feminists hav lost the meaning of the word misogyny, labeljng everything "misogyny" is stupid imo.

This.

The good thing is that most women don't identify themselves as feminists. Most women are intelligent enough to not buy into the postmodern mumbo jumbo nonsense which is known as feminism.

I think Feminism is becoming less popular due to how more batshit crazy it is becoming. This is a good thing though because we need a 21st century conversation on gender issues, meaning we need a dialogue that is not tainted by postmodern bullshit.

Until we can get to a point in which empiricism, facts, and logic matters in discussions about gender, everyone who cares about real gender equality should be fighting against feminism and especially any form of postmodern bullshit.

This includes almost everyone in fields like sociology and critical theory, everyone should be against these people and everyone should mock these people out of existence.

Postmodernism (which feminism is a branch of) is retarded, it's time to get over this bullshit religion and move into a new age of Enlightenment where logic and empiricism is highly valued again.
Sakura Takafumi
I'm the same way. Though if women want to fight for more then more power for them. I'm all for equality. However...I don't like those who are anti-men and think all men are evil (hello tumblr), and I hate being judged for what I decide to do with my life.

I have been told before that I should be working, even have two jobs. I've seen post that say "if you aren't doing (insert something women have fought for) then you are setting all of women kind backwards. Really? I enjoy staying at home and taking care of the household. I enjoy cleaning and taking care of our daughter. No one should try and tell me other wise.

Women fought for the choice to do what they want. Want to work? Okay fine. Want to be a housewife/sahm? Okay thats fine too. Hell even if a woman chooses to be a stripper (hey it can happen), then great. Thats YOUR life choice and no one elses.

Its this kind of common sense that needs to be supported more whereas the whole "BUT UR SUpport dah patriarchy Social construct structure of the woman hating heteronormative white male imperialism don't be a house wife elzzz u support this u big0t!" s**t that needs to be mocked out of existence.

Also if women want equal rights to be moved ahead they need to call out their current spokeswomen (who mainly are feminists) for ignoring facts like the fact that the gender wage gap claim of "Women make 77 cents for every man's dollar for the same work" is pure nonsense and can be demonstrated as such by a quick fact check.

As long as feminism is allowed to be the main voice for women's rights in society women are going to have a harder time getting a larger and larger portion of both men and women to take them seriously. This is because so called "facts" that feminists use all the time (like the one I mentioned above) are used all the time by feminists even though they have been debunked over and over again. First of all it grows distrust in people because by saying "Women make 77 cents to every man's dollar for the same work" it means one of two things, either this person is ignorant of basic facts and just believes anything they hear on television that supports their view (they're biased and stupid) which makes people skeptical of everything else the person is saying, or it demonstrates that the person is a liar. Secondly it's a marketing issue, it's hard to take a group seriously when they make statements that have already been debunked a million times already and yet they continue to say it. It just makes the entire group look really bad.

Feminism is exactly like Creationism in this sense, they essentially plug their ears and go "lalala can't hear you lalala" when someone points out that a factual claim they're making is wrong.

More women should speak out against feminists because when men do it we're just called misogynists. At least when women speak out against feminism they can't use the regular ad hominems like "Ur just pivilegleged white male lolol" and those other logical fallacies. It'd be wonderful if we could get rid of the "Ur privielged her durr durr" argument that is completely logically fallacious but accepted in our culture. If this kind of behavior was no longer tolerated it would help people actually listen to each other more. The problem is liberals who claim to be in favor of just treating people as people, and claim to be open minded, are the most close minded of all and they don't treat people like people whenever they disagree with them. They're total hypocrites and it'd be great if more women began calling out this bullshit because as I said the trump card can't be used against women.

More people will be open minded to changing their views on gender when feminism is gotten rid of and instead a dialogue that involves accurate facts and rationality is in it's place.

We don't need sociology, gender issues, critical theory, and all these other bullshit fields that support feminism. These fields are taken seriously by very few people in the general population because most people have the common sense to see just how utterly intellectually bankrupt and stupid these fields really are. All we need in order to have a dialogue about gender issues is an open mind to the facts and common sense. We don't need all this postmodern nonsense about "Dah patriarchy white heteronormative" these people just look like morons when they say this stuff and it hurts women because these people are the people who claim to be "pro-women".
Yobyaxes R
MrLife
Yobyaxes R
MrLife
Yobyaxes R
MrLife

So ure saying he should hit back? Most men hit harder than a woman. I wouldnt want my mom to get seriosuly hurt. U said earlier that men and women are equal but different, so why are u arguing with me about this? Also if u support equality, why become an anti feminist? And i have never said men have a specific role in society. My gf dad is a stay home dad and he provides for his family by taking care of a sick grandmother and by doing chores, while the wife provides an income. Im totally cool with that, as long as he doesnt abandon his responsibilities he is upholding his manhood. This is what i call equal rights.

And i wasnt forceful in any way. Unlike u who shoots down a rational comment as long as it supports feminism.

Not that he should of but he could of. If a woman hits a man, she should be surprised if that man hits her back. No one should be hitting anyone anyway so yeah, I'm all for a man defending himself against a woman when she hits him. That's the epitome of equality right there and it's what feminists what. So if feminists want equality so bad then why NOT give it to them? Or are you not for equality and therefore by extension not for feminism after all. But there you go again with the "real man" crap. A woman can opt out of being a mother anytime, be it by abortion or adoption, but what about the men? And I know that's cliche to ask but it's a good question. But I know that you'll say "He had sex, he should man up and be a father to the baby if he decides to have it" Thus showing that you really are NOT for gender equality.

i agree with u on that he could defend himself n ppl shldnt resot to be violent. But the idea is he wouldve known as a man he could hurt her more than she hurt him at that point of time. That is being rational and you simply label it as a misandric.

As for the pregnancy thingg, if she choose to keep the baby,i believe he should take responsibility too since he was part of it. And not neglecting the burden solely to the woman by abandoning her n the baby.

I get the sense here that u are being biased and side men more than woman. That shouldnt be the case. And if ure an advocate for equality u are contradicting urself being an anti feminist.

Obvious naivete on your part considering your terrible grammar and spelling and you very basic knowledge as to what feminism is.

But to let you know, what if a man tells his partner that he doesn't want children? What if the birth control fails? What if his partner is trapping him into parenthood? Would you still tell him to "man up" in those situations where he finds himself the father to a child he doesn't want? Cause remember, it's the woman's body and her choice, but it's not so much the man's wallet and his choice. Why shouldn't a man walk away from the responsibility? Wouldn't men and women be more equal if he had the choice? That's what feminism wants is it? rolleyes From what I've seen, feminism wants to restrict men into their traditional roles so that they can continue to be trapped into fatherhood against their will.

What has grammar n spelling has got to fo with this?
If the male protaganist ure are referring to is so adamant not to have children, why risk by having sex in the first place? He can find a lovely woman who shares his ideals. So ure saying its ok for the man to abandon the pregnancy because it is an accident? If the woman intentionally got pregnant then thats just wrong and unfair to the baby and father.

Ure focusing way too much on the negative side of feminism. But what u said may be true cuz there are always people who would take advantage of things in the expense of others.

So the male protagonist has to restrain from having sex, while a woman can have all the sex she wants because she has more options and it's "her body, her choice"? Where's the equality in that? Remember, she always has the option of abortion.

My opinion goes both ways. A woman should refrain from having sex if she cant handle the risks. If the couple is unprepared, the baby would suffer too. It's a responsibility that both gender share, that's equality imo. Abortion can affect a woman's psychological health, the man's too. So abortion, though sometimes justifiable under certain circumstances, is never an easy option as what you are implying. Blaming everything on feminism or gender is pure naivety.
SirPuzzle
Sakura Takafumi

Its this kind of common sense that needs to be supported more whereas the whole "BUT UR SUpport dah patriarchy Social construct structure of the woman hating heteronormative white male imperialism don't be a house wife elzzz u support this u big0t!" s**t that needs to be mocked out of existence.

Also if women want equal rights to be moved ahead they need to call out their current spokeswomen (who mainly are feminists) for ignoring facts like the fact that the gender wage gap claim of "Women make 77 cents for every man's dollar for the same work" is pure nonsense and can be demonstrated as such by a quick fact check.

As long as feminism is allowed to be the main voice for women's rights in society women are going to have a harder time getting a larger and larger portion of both men and women to take them seriously. This is because so called "facts" that feminists use all the time (like the one I mentioned above) are used all the time by feminists even though they have been debunked over and over again. First of all it grows distrust in people because by saying "Women make 77 cents to every man's dollar for the same work" it means one of two things, either this person is ignorant of basic facts and just believes anything they hear on television that supports their view (they're biased and stupid) which makes people skeptical of everything else the person is saying, or it demonstrates that the person is a liar. Secondly it's a marketing issue, it's hard to take a group seriously when they make statements that have already been debunked a million times already and yet they continue to say it. It just makes the entire group look really bad.

Feminism is exactly like Creationism in this sense, they essentially plug their ears and go "lalala can't hear you lalala" when someone points out that a factual claim they're making is wrong.

More women should speak out against feminists because when men do it we're just called misogynists. At least when women speak out against feminism they can't use the regular ad hominems like "Ur just pivilegleged white male lolol" and those other logical fallacies. It'd be wonderful if we could get rid of the "Ur privielged her durr durr" argument that is completely logically fallacious but accepted in our culture. If this kind of behavior was no longer tolerated it would help people actually listen to each other more. The problem is liberals who claim to be in favor of just treating people as people, and claim to be open minded, are the most close minded of all and they don't treat people like people whenever they disagree with them. They're total hypocrites and it'd be great if more women began calling out this bullshit because as I said the trump card can't be used against women.

More people will be open minded to changing their views on gender when feminism is gotten rid of and instead a dialogue that involves accurate facts and rationality is in it's place.

We don't need sociology, gender issues, critical theory, and all these other bullshit fields that support feminism. These fields are taken seriously by very few people in the general population because most people have the common sense to see just how utterly intellectually bankrupt and stupid these fields really are. All we need in order to have a dialogue about gender issues is an open mind to the facts and common sense. We don't need all this postmodern nonsense about "Dah patriarchy white heteronormative" these people just look like morons when they say this stuff and it hurts women because these people are the people who claim to be "pro-women".

Again, i think you just made another pretty damned good argument right there! Imo, feminism just needs better leaders/speakers who choose their words better and keep an open mind. It's tainted by morons today.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff