Welcome to Gaia! ::

Familiar Friend

GSK Lives

I didn't say they are superior.
They just the ones that hold the household.
My husband is the yes or no guy on anything, but I'm the same way.
If he says no to something of my opinion I just ignore him and do it anyway.

It didn't say it worked for everyone.
talk2hand

Familiar Friend

Yobyaxes R
MrLife

If I hit a man I expect a hit back.
& Vice Versa.
But I've never hit a guy because I don't do physically fights.
talk2hand

But I think if you throw a punch you get a punch.

Familiar Friend

Odinochka

Then dont have sex unless you're emotionally, financially, and psychically to handle pregnancy.
talk2hand

Fluffy Cat

Marquessa_De_Sade
KetamineRose
feminism is about women having the right to do whatever they want; whether its what OP does, or leading a life on the corporate ladder, or anywhere in between
I -=wish=- that was the case...but it is not.
read the second post in this thread
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/lifestyle-discussion/women/t.94254063/

You will see why women like the OP and myself have an issue.

We want women to be treated fair, decent, with respect, we want to be treated -=equal=- and for us to have a right to be as and what we wish to be. EVEN if that is a housewife that has openly and -=willingly=- submitted to a husband/partner and taken a "traditional" role.

We get told we do not have that right, we do not have a right to be "non-feminist"(even if we genuinely fight for real equality)

yeah, i know what you mean, but feminism isn't that. its like how not all Muslims are dangerous extremists... only dangerous extremists are extremists.

don't let the ridiculous assholes get in the way. i know gay Republicans, and they don't let the gay hating GOPers intimidate them..

and seriously, OP-
stop letting other women say these things to you. tell em that theyre being more oppressive than
the men those extreme feminazis hate so passionately. someone can only yell b.s. at you if you LET them. plus, being a mom or dad (esp a stay at home parent) will always be the hardest job ever.

put them in their place. don't let them further the idea that housewives are inferior women. all women are created equal. these bitches are just begging for high school drama to bring down other women, and feminism, ironically enough, lets them bring other women down perfectly. lol.

ETA: Had to change misspellings,and wanted to compliment Ms. DeSade on awesome username
averykae

I didn't say they are superior.
They just the ones that hold the household.

Thus, superior.

Quote:
It didn't say it worked for everyone.

Strange setup. You acknowledge him as head, thus superior, yet you ignore him and go on and do it anyway if he says no.

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Odinochka
Marquessa_De_Sade
Odinochka
Marquessa_De_Sade
Odinochka
averykae

I believe that plus being raped is an exception.
But I'm not really pro-life or pro-choice.
I believe you shouldn't get an abortion if you were too ******** stupid to not be having safe sex.
If not that, then limit 1 abortion per person.
Too mayn young shits and adult sluts thinking they can just get an abortion just because it's there.
emotion_eyebrow

If you're "too ******** stupid to not be having safe sex" then you're most likely "too ******** stupid to have children." So why wouldn't abortion be the best deal in that situation?

No one uses abortion as a birth control method. It's expensive and the side effects last for at least a week.
ACTUALLY...there has been a huge cofuffle here in the UK over just that..women using abortion as BC..infact to the point they talk about the dangers and damage to the body when it is used in such a manner.
They tell women here not to have more then three abortions as it can then damage your chance of bearing children successfully in the future.

BEFORE people scream for sources..never mind I do watch and read the news....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1238612/Girls-using-abortion-birth-control.html
(just one, I am not going to post a string again as I did in another thread)

Is the better alternative to deny them abortions and force them to have unwanted children?

Are abortions free or low cost in the UK?

it is ridiculously easy to get an abortion here.
You can go to the chemist and get the morning after pill every day of the week if you wanted too.
For about 25£ or so.
You can get an abortion on the NHS or private and pay for it.
It is not whether it is right or wrong...it is women need to be aware of the dangers of having more then three.
THAT can damage them more than an unwanted pregnancy.
Women need to take responsibility of their sexual health. (this does not include rape etc) But if you are a sexually active woman...and you take risks....-=know=- the risks of having abortions too often. As it may end your ability to have a baby at all.
If women are going to have unprotected sex..knowingly(again this -does not include rape etc) then, sorry, they should either take protection or not have more then three abortions unless it is to save the mothers life etc.
They are damaging their bodies past repair. THAT is important to factor in as well.

The morning after pill is not an abortion.

People do harmful things to their body every day. Look at smokers, for example. I agree that everyone should learn and participate in safe sex but the premise of "be careful of abortions because you might not have a baby again" doesn't seem like a serious health concern. Being unable to have children won't kill you, lol.

I think it's better for someone to have several abortions than several children that they are too irresponsible to support.
That is one seriously ******** up point of view. I cant have children ever again due to health issues. It kills me every time I see a baby knowing I cant have one ever again.
Women do get hurt that way.
Women do get traumatized by stuff like that.
|Women do get seriously injured by too many abortions.
Women do suffer serious health issues due to that.
A hysterectomy in your 20s is not pleasant and effects your whole system.
As for not having babies doesnt kill you....ask the families of women who suffer long term depression due to not being able too, or take their lives etc.

YES expecting a woman to be responsible is not some absurd idea.
If you do not understand what that type of damage to your female organs can do to your life in the long term....I cant even help you.
ADDITION:
I can not fathom why the idea of a woman being responsible about her sexual health is something offensive?
Its better to get an abortion...than to use BC and be careful?
That just doesnt make sense.
Never mind pregnancy, there are certain things a woman should be careful of anyway, STD for one.
It is utterly irresponsible to keep having unprotected sex. Not just for yourself but for your partners.
If woman are strong and independent etc....then they should be responsible for their sexual health and not time and time and TIME AND TIME again resort to abortions.
It harms -the woman-. That is MEDICAL FACT.
not opinion.
To continue to go to that instead of being responsible about birth control is akin to self harm.
Even a doctor will tell you that.

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Yes! These third-wave feminists (who all are misandrist) are psychos!

Fluffy Cat

Romeigh
KetamineRose
feminism is about women having the right to do whatever they want; whether its what OP does, or leading a life on the corporate ladder, or anywhere in between

This 100%.
As a feminist, I support the right of a woman to choose how she lives, whether that's being a stay-at-home mom or working 24/7. It's her choice.

right on smile

Destitute Smoker

3,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tax Evader 100
  • Wall Street 200
the idea of feminism, is that women can do whatever the hell they want without being forced. the difference between then and now, is that you have the freedom to decide if you want to play housewife, while before, you didn't have any options.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Im confused how feminists are taking away your ability to be a housewife?

Dont get me wrong, im not into feminism, but your reason against them is...not an issue?

User ImageUser Image

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
Odinochka
averykae
Odinochka

Then dont have sex unless you're emotionally, financially, and psychically to handle pregnancy.
talk2hand

Because the only reason to have sex is to potentially have children?

But seriously, there is nothing wrong with abortion. It's a practical and great solution to an unwanted problem.
from a medical stand point...I cant even start to tell you how wrong you are on that.
From a psychological one...its disastrous.

repeat abortions are harmful. That is a medical fact.
Marquessa_De_Sade
Odinochka
averykae
Odinochka

talk2hand

Because the only reason to have sex is to potentially have children?

But seriously, there is nothing wrong with abortion. It's a practical and great solution to an unwanted problem.
from a medical stand point...I cant even start to tell you how wrong you are on that.
From a psychological one...its disastrous.

repeat abortions are harmful. That is a medical fact.

Not to mention the denial of a baby's life...

Sugary Cat

averykae
Odinochka

talk2hand
Dictating when and how people can and should have sex. How liberal and feministic of you biggrin

Pure-hearted Vampire

16,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
MiameMiame
averykae
Odinochka

talk2hand
Dictating when and how people can and should have sex. How liberal and feministic of you biggrin
So people should have sex when they are not emotionally able to handle it or be ready?
INDEED that is far better.

I think it is logical to expect people to have sex when they actually -can- handle it emotionally.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff