Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lily-livered Cutie-Pie

8,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Thread Flip 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I always tell people to stand up for themselves, whether it's verbally or physically. If I had a kid, I'd tell them the same.

No one can hurt you without your permission, so don't allow them that power or you'll be seen as easy pickings.

Invisible Gekko

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
-o- JUGGERNAUT -o-

I never said I am nice. The statement was implying I was being nicer than I normally am.

You continue to think what want.

An intelligent person knows it's how you use words, not the words themselves, that is important. I can use big complicated words and make the stupidest sentence in existance, and I can use small simple words to make the smartest.

I was saying that it's not my resonsibility to teach other people's kids how to defend themselves. It's the parents' job to teach their own, or the individual's to teach themelves.

You don't know me, so whether you are or are not stronger than me is just an opinion.

Whether you believe me or not doesn't matter. People do what they do, so if someone kills or attacks me for my opinions then so be it. If I am to weak then I deserve to die.

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
-o- JUGGERNAUT -o-
GS Sailor Midnight
You. You're gonna harp on this guy for being insensitive even though a few others in this thread already stated "Survival of the Fittest"? Also, you're really going out on a limb by telling him about being disrespectful to families who have lost someone because of bullying.

Maybe he is. But you also shouldn't put bad karma on him either. How about you for a moment? What would do you do YOUR child, if you ever have one, to make sure they don't turn out to be a bully or a victim? Survival of the fittest only goes as far as what parents teach. If you don't teach your kid to stand up for themselves, or seek help if they REALLY need it, is it really the bully's fault? Not saying it's the parent's fault either, but people should know how to seek help when they need it. Not let it turn into something uncontrollable.

Harping? It's called being realistic about the world and those in it and that was idrected to anyone who shares his backward and insensitive thinking. Going out on a limb? Anyone can see he's clearly being insensitive and disrespectful.

"But you also shouldn't put bad karma on him either." It's funny when people use that word in the context they use it in and while not truly understanding what it actually means.

"Karma is a theological concept found in the Buddhist and Hindu religions. It is the idea that how you live your life will determine the quality of life you will have after reincarnation. If you are unselfish, kind, and holy during this lifetime, you will be rewarded by being reincarnated (reborn into a new earthly body) into a pleasant life. However, if you live a life of selfishness and evil, you will be reincarnated into a less-than-pleasant lifestyle. In other words, you reap in the next life what you sow in this one. Karma is based on the theological belief in reincarnation."

Karma is non-existent, the same with luck.

If I have a child or not, that situation is no concern of yours. You just be cocnerned about your own child if you have one. Rest assured, my child wouldn't be a bully.

"If you don't teach your kid to stand up for themselves, or seek help if they REALLY need it, is it really the bully's fault? Not saying it's the parent's fault either, but people should know how to seek help when they need it. Not let it turn into something uncontrollable."

^ Regardless of the circumstances, it's interesting how you just assume someone didn't seek help.

As I said, no one deserves to be bullied and it's not the fault of the person getting buillied and it shouldn't happen in the first place. Survival of the fittest? This isn't "The Hunger Games".
Whatever, I still say it's survival of the fittest. And for those who sought out help and didn't recieve it, too bad for them. Was it their fault? No, they just had a really bad support system and it still falls back on the family & friends,. But really, if that's the case then who's responsibility is it to stop the bullying in the first place?

And thank god it's not The Hunger Games. The movie sucked and Battle Royale was better.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
ayaissaa
What would you think would be the right thing to do if you were the bullied?
A witness?
What are ways in which we can stop bullying as well as cyber-bullying in order to save many young kids life?
Share stories.

1- Stand up for yourelf or simply tell an adult, talk to someone and don't bottle the s**t inside.

2- Speak up regardless if you might be the one about to get bullied next if you do, or again immediatlly tell an adult. How would you like it if you saw your little sister/bother getting bullied? Or you friend you hold dearly? Think before you act, and speak up when you see bullying.

3- Well for starters the people can't just brush it off like nothing is happened, when their is tons of s**t happening in that moment of time of seeing/hearing/witnessing someone getting bullied. And for the young one's taking their lives, they need to step up and talk to someone about it a consleour, a trusted adult, a family memeber, a theraupist, whatever can work for them. They need to not keep everything bottled up inside, that will only lead to more depression.

Fashionable Shopper

GS Sailor Midnight
The only way bullying is going to "stop" is if the victim had a good enough support group - family & friends, to help them through the issues. Sometimes the families of people being picked on are too unaware there's something wrong with their kid or friend.

It's also the victim's fault for not seeking proper help.

It's also the bully's fault for being a dumbass and too insecure of themselves.

So, I don't know... Who are we really suppose to help with Anti-Bullying? The bullies or the victims?

User ImageIn my opinion you help both.
Kids no not report their bullies because they are AFRAID of them. They don't tell their friends because they are scared and they do not tell teachers or parents because they are afraid it will make it because. Because 9/10 time it DOES.

I think that bullying needs to be seen for what it really is. Verbal bullying is verbal/mental/emotional abuse and therefore the bully should be reported to the authorities and then subjected to that. Its unfair for them to get a slap on the wrist and then sent to school the next day. I'm not saying to put them in jail but it needs to be viewed as a serious offense because it is.

Physical bullying should be seen as assault because that's what it is. Less kids might get into fights if it has the potential to give them a record. Perhaps they'll think twice about it.

As far as I know bullies get away with a lot. Personally I think the bullied should just call 911 instead of even bothering telling a teacher.

Bullying will never stop. emotion_donotwant

Saint Bloodsucker

I always got even with my bullies and they became my b***h. I punched a guy who was bullying an autistic girl.

Saint Bloodsucker

Beat up your bullies. Find their weakness.

Fashionable Shopper

lmSoBlackLOL
Bullying will never stop. emotion_donotwant

User ImageOf course it will never totally stop but steps can be taken so kids know they can get into some life-changing trouble if they choose to bully other kids around. Like for protection kids should be able to press charges against other kids. Obviously there would need to be evidence and stuff but really kids should just get time off school. That's what they want.

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
You beat the s**t out of the bully.
-Sassiest_Lady-
3- Well for starters the people can't just brush it off like nothing is happened, when their is tons of s**t happening in that moment of time of seeing/hearing/witnessing someone getting bullied. And for the young one's taking their lives, they need to step up and talk to someone about it a consleour, a trusted adult, a family memeber, a theraupist, whatever can work for them. They need to not keep everything bottled up inside, that will only lead to more depression.

Yes because these people actually respond to bullying in a quick and effective manner all the time. Totally. No matter what.

Aparrently folks in this thread don't know what bullying's like.
To have everyone against you. Your parents passing the buck on to you. The teachers ands chool administrators doing ******** all when you complain or they see a problem. "Just kids being kids" And having people turn on you when you still feel sad "I TALKED TO THE PRINCIPAL WHAT THE ******** ELSE YOU WANT TO DO? YOU'RE GONNA END UP JUST SHOOTING UP THE SCHOOL AT THIS RATE."
Lashing out physically and "Standing up for yourself." and ending up getting punished worse than the people who have made you feel like s**t to begin with.
Having nothing you do or say have any effect on the situation. Being left alone after asking parents principals and teachers for help and being punished for trying to solve it yourself. Being completely and utterly helpless and wishing that it ended. Praying for some kind of releif every night and wondering why you're so ******** up. Because if no one helps you, then clearly you deserved it right?

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men (or women). If a student keeps getting bullied it should be done somehow. Whether its getting teachers to stop it (which doesn't work often), moving to a new school, or my favorite, beat their asses up so that they know you shouldn't be messed with.

Friendly Citizen

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
I will teach my son to hit back

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers