Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ice Dervish
Chicken Zombie
The Ice Dervish
These shootings are not going to stop even if gun control is tightened up, these guns used in these shootings are usually brought from home and belong to their non criminal parents. The more we broadcast these shootings the more people will commit them, they keep happening because the news makes a big deal out of it and mentally disturbed people are like "cool! if I do this I'll be noticed!".

Only way to actually stop it is to stop making a big deal out of it and obsessing over it on every news station, we need to stop giving other evil ******** ideas and inspiration.

There is an entire market that works on buying guns that cannot be traced back to you. The guns are usually stolen and then sold for a good amount of money by whatever dope head to catch their next buzz.

This isn't where the school shooters usually get their guns though.

I know. I am just speaking about criminals in general in support of your views on gun control. I am trying to prove that criminals can get guns easily, and that there is even a market for it.
Chicken Zombie
The Ice Dervish
Chicken Zombie
The Ice Dervish
These shootings are not going to stop even if gun control is tightened up, these guns used in these shootings are usually brought from home and belong to their non criminal parents. The more we broadcast these shootings the more people will commit them, they keep happening because the news makes a big deal out of it and mentally disturbed people are like "cool! if I do this I'll be noticed!".

Only way to actually stop it is to stop making a big deal out of it and obsessing over it on every news station, we need to stop giving other evil ******** ideas and inspiration.

There is an entire market that works on buying guns that cannot be traced back to you. The guns are usually stolen and then sold for a good amount of money by whatever dope head to catch their next buzz.

This isn't where the school shooters usually get their guns though.

I know. I am just speaking about criminals in general in support of your views on gun control. I am trying to prove that criminals can get guns easily, and that there is even a market for it.

Ah, yeah I see where you're going with this now xD Yeah exactly, idiots who want to outlaw guns or heavily restrict guns will just leave good people unarmed and criminals heavily armed. The black market will always be there, laws against guns or not.

Versatile Vampire

Prince Ikari
My guess is that this shooting will become a campaign issue, at least in Washington State anyways. I believe there is already a gun control ballot measure being voted on. This will no doubt embolden the push for that. Gun control advocates love to nationalize and exploit these local shootings.
Initiative 594.
A very vague and unhelpful law.

Conservative Victory

Dipscheisse
Prince Ikari
My guess is that this shooting will become a campaign issue, at least in Washington State anyways. I believe there is already a gun control ballot measure being voted on. This will no doubt embolden the push for that. Gun control advocates love to nationalize and exploit these local shootings.
Initiative 594.

Well considering that criminals obtain their guns illegally background checks on lawful purchasers are useless.

Versatile Vampire

Prince Ikari
Dipscheisse
Prince Ikari
Initiative 594.

Well considering that criminals obtain their guns illegally background checks on lawful purchasers are useless.
exactly gaia_star
I know I voted no on it

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
Maybe we should stop giving this s**t so much publicity.

Better go buy ammo.

dazzel_almond's Senpai

User Image

As much as I wished for the happiness of one...

The U.S. has one of the highest school shooting rates, and this is not going to stop. So we either
A.) Bring in more armed guards to protect the schools.
B.) Arm our teachers.
C.) Clean up the mental health system in schools and make it more efficient and better.
D.) Put more restrictions on obtaining a gun.

Disclaimer: Most people with mental illnesses are not anymore violent than the general population. But they do have the potential to BE violent.

someone else must be equally cursed.

I'm such a fool.

User ImageUser Image

Adorable Fisher

I just like how this time not once did I see a picture of the kid's face or his name. That is the right direction in reporting these situations. I feel it sends a clear message to would-be shooters: "you will not get famous for doing something like this." I hope they never show the shooter's face or name when such tragic things occur again.

Familiar Friend

Stupid ******** parents,
stupid ******** kids.
The media verifying that it's a good method of getting attention is what's doing us in. It also doesn't help that these people are using tools that make killing easier. Waiting for a strawman.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
MarigoldMari
I just like how this time not once did I see a picture of the kid's face or his name. That is the right direction in reporting these situations. I feel it sends a clear message to would-be shooters: "you will not get famous for doing something like this." I hope they never show the shooter's face or name when such tragic things occur again.

This times a million.

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
The Ice Dervish
These shootings are not going to stop even if gun control is tightened up

Look at Australia and tell me the school shootings are not going to stop even with stricter gun control. They tightened up their gun control and the last school shooting happened 18 years ago.

Sparkly Duck

This Is NoMercy
You'd think by now someone would realize that the mental health system/mentally challenged
need more attention, help, surveillance, and evaluation.
I mean this is getting ******** ridiculous.

MarigoldMari

These two things appear to have the most truth in them.

Paprika Muffin
User Image

The U.S. has one of the highest school shooting rates, and this is not going to stop. So we either
B.) Arm our teachers.
C.) Clean up the mental health system in schools and make it more efficient and better.

Disclaimer: Most people with mental illnesses are not anymore violent than the general population. But they do have the potential to BE violent.

I'm such a fool.

User ImageUser Image

This one really makes me want to just want to s**t myself for the part I marked. The italicized parts are okay though.

dazzel_almond's Senpai

Brian Kush Flowerchild
This Is NoMercy
You'd think by now someone would realize that the mental health system/mentally challenged
need more attention, help, surveillance, and evaluation.
I mean this is getting ******** ridiculous.

MarigoldMari

These two things appear to have the most truth in them.

Paprika Muffin
User Image

B.) Arm our teachers.

I'm such a fool.

User ImageUser Image

This one really makes me want to just want to s**t myself for the part I marked. The italicized parts are okay though.

emotion_facepalm I don't know. I really don't. I just know whatever we're doing obviously isn't working because more kids are being injured and killed, and we need to take some sort of action.

Shy Gaian

3,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
That is awful. I feel sorry for the female student who was lost.
I hope the other four students recovery quickly.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff