Welcome to Gaia! ::

I address every female as ma'am.

Whenever I make eye contact with someone, I usually just give a quick smile and sometimes duck my head down.

I usually give hand-shakes whenever I first meet someone.

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
Don't call just every woman ma'am. I get pissed as ******** when people call me ma'am. Especially if they're around my age. I'm not a ******** old lady, don't call me ma'am. If you don't know my name say excuse me miss not ma'am.

Blessed Prophet

You're fine, though depending on where in the US you are some women don't like to be called ma'am. I know up here (wisconsin) if you bump into anyone, regardless of gender, you just say "excuse me".
Lol, I don't get why people get mad if you call them ma'am. It's just a way to address a female to be polite. If you get mad at being referred to as ma'am, then you're probably self conscious of your age.
When I was doing clinicals, I address all of my female patient as ma'am. Sometimes, I call them hun or sweety if they are really old so it's not too impersonal.

Then again, I live in the south. No patients complained how I addressed them.

Big Member

10,675 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Brandisher 100
Pink Plaid
Don't call just every woman ma'am. I get pissed as ******** when people call me ma'am. Especially if they're around my age. I'm not a ******** old lady, don't call me ma'am. If you don't know my name say excuse me miss not ma'am.

Yeah but some women get upset by being called "Miss"

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
Roy Cura
Pink Plaid

Yep. Women are horrible and hard to read. Just use excuse me instead of either to stay in the clear.
Ma'am is only really appropriate in a professional setting or when you're speaking to someone you respect. Call a young woman on the street ma'am and she won't be happy. Shaking hands when greeting everyone is kind of the same thing.

Just act normal, unless you're from some third world country our customs and courtesies should not be too hard.

Invisible Humorist

i cannot believe women will throw a fit over the word ma'am
Aw hell yeah, rain down that sweet sugar on my body and call me miss.
Roy Cura
Pink Plaid

What is something that doesn't upset women?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff