Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hilarious Fatcat

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Contributor 150
Okay, so, i have an interesting question. Do you think age or maturity matters more? Of course, some ages wont be mature, but still.

I want to put in an example...
Hmm.
HMM..
HMMMMMM..
I GOTZ IT. (Its silly though.)

Okay, as i said, this is a silly example, but, lets say you had a clubhouse when you were a child. Well, lets say you were 10, and only your friends 10 or up could come in. Well, lets say there was a 9 year old who was MATURE as an 10 year old, do you think he should be let in?

I know, thats a silly example, but i have a major creative wall right now.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Age doesn't matter to me as long as the person isn't stupid.

Floppy Miko

User Image

If I can hold an intelligent conversation with someone, I don't care if they're fourteen or forty. Age definitely doesn't matter to me.

User Image

Azorii's Wife

Wheezing Sophomore

Depends on the context of what.

I'm nearly 20, how do I look hanging out with a 13 year old
because he's "mature".

But then, I can hang out with someone my age but they
would quickly piss me off if they behaved like a child.
Maturation is important to me. I rarely bother to engage in conversation with people I've taken the time to observe, that display a lack of maturity. It's off putting. The number of mature young adults is uncommon for me to come into contact with. That is why I like forums.

Beloved Sex Symbol

Maturity for me is important. Because you can be 63 and still act like you are 3.
... Nine and Ten?

I work with kids. 3-13 has the exact same maturity level.

Children are ********

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Maturity. Obviously.
= 3=

Greedy Fatcat

Akasuna no Maki
User Image

If I can hold an intelligent conversation with someone, I don't care if they're fourteen or forty. Age definitely doesn't matter to me.

User Image

As an adult, I feel that maturity matters most. However, as a child I definitely admired the stupider older kids more than the younger, more mature kids. I've also been the kid left out of the clubhouse, because I was younger, although I was on the same maturity level as everyone else (but then again, I was the only girl in a neighborhood of boys and it could have been a boys versus girls thing more than an age versus maturity thing).

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Maturity > Age
Onigetoe
Maturity for me is important. Because you can be 63 and still act like you are 3.

That's not lack of maturity, that's early-onset Alzheimer's. neutral

5,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Member 100
Depends on the circumstances.
Moogle Voodoo
Maturity > Age

Beloved Sex Symbol

A Roman For All Seasons
Onigetoe

That's not lack of maturity, that's early-onset Alzheimer's. neutral

No. My father has been tested and he doesn't have Alzheimer's. He is just being a child, he doesn't get his way he blows a hissy fit. Alzheimer's (from family members who do have it) there is memory loss and forgetfulness.

With my father there is no sign of memory loss or forgetfulness, just childish behavior.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff