Welcome to Gaia! ::

My girlfriend has it. And I can tell. I just love it, though, because we're so different. She's hyper, sweet and outgoing, and I'm exactly the opposite (minus the sweet part, ha ha).
Before I log off, I want to point out something.

When the medication began to cause heart problems I was taken off the medication. I found that taking doses of Valerian actually helped do some of the things that the medication did for me. It just didn't have any nasty side effects other than tasting nasty on the way down.

Valerian comes in a pill form at stores like GMC. You'd have to research what is a safe dose of it because I can't recall it off the top of my head. If you really do have ADHD, it can help you as an alternative to regular medication.
Zac Beaver
I have ADD. I think I just don't like to pay attention biggrin Interest me darn you! evil
Hear hear! I have ADD as well and, without doctor's consent, weened myself off of Adderal-XR 110mg or something like that. I was kinda addicted to that stuff sweatdrop . So you can manage it if you really commit yourself to. I'm in college, sleeping through most of my classes, and still doing better on my tests than the guy with a $3000 tablet PC next to me. ^_^
Albino_Leon
Zac Beaver
I have ADD. I think I just don't like to pay attention biggrin Interest me darn you! evil
Hear hear! I have ADD as well and, without doctor's consent, weened myself off of Adderal-XR 110mg or something like that. I was kinda addicted to that stuff sweatdrop . So you can manage it if you really commit yourself to. I'm in college, sleeping through most of my classes, and still doing better on my tests than the guy with a $3000 tablet PC next to me. ^_^
That's funny! I know I'm not addicted to it though. I just need people to keep my interest. Dang pill is killing me anyway, well, it isn't but it could be.
ITS OVER DIAGNOSED AND IT PISSES ME OFF.....its okay if you REALLY have it but more likley than not you dont.

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
i have a friend that has ADHD and she is really smart just that her mind forgets alot of things
Your_Phantom
Jess Lojik
Your_Phantom
Sanguvixen
Your_Phantom
Everyone diagnosed with ADHD is wrongly diagnosed.... Doctors are paid to tell you that something is wrong with you so they have a reason to make you buy pills they "Claim" will make you better...

I was diagnosed with ADHD,Bipolar and a few other things when I was 8 years old. Im turning 22 tomorrow and I stopped taking the pills when I was 16. The moment I stopped taking the pills my life changed completely and I felt like a human being again...

The ******** pills turn you into a zombie and don't do a damn thing except make you sick. Sure its nice to have a doctor to talk to about your problems but sadly they don't realize they are paid to put you on some random pill that does nothing for you.

And besides... there is NOT such a thing as being "Normal".... everyone is equal and matched out as they should be. ADHD is a made up sickness as is Bipolar and other such things. You go to a doctor and tell them how you feel and they say you have this and that. They can't go into your mind and see what you're REALLY thinking now can they? No...

I am not saying there is anything wrong or bad about the doctors but what I'm getting at is the fact that if you let yourself believe there is something wrong with you then you have no self control or believe in yourself enough. The people born with physical handicaps I can understand but ADHD?... thats a lame excuse for calling someone "stupid" or "dimwitted"...

Just because some people like you are wrongly diagnosed with ADHD or ADD and get on medication that makes you sick does not mean that it is a false or fake condition. That was your experience.

Mine was completely different. When I was 5 years old, I wasn't allowed suger or any sort of junk food, and if I wasn't bouncing off the walls like a monkey, my body was spasming so bad that I couldn't stand up. You can't say that I had bad parenting because I was beaten on a regular basis, often for things that I didn't do.

For the record in some cases with ADHD and ADD caffeine and suger acts as a suppressant calming them down instead of making them more hyper.

This is why I loathe doctors and medicine companices who have helped get it into the heads of the current generation that "Just because it wasn't real for me means that it's not real at all."

Ok my bad..... "Almost" everyone is wrongly diagnosed >_>

I know of MANY others besides me who had the same experiences... They were diagnosed with ADD or ADHD at a young age and when they grew up it went away. I sometimes see it as some people just going through a phase and just being kids. Notice I said "Some" people not "All" people... I just find it funny because someone goes to see a doctor and they think just because they make sounds or they don't focus enough at work/school its because they have some sort of mental sickness?... No. People who don't focus at work or school either don't get enough sleep or they tend to day dream and not focus on the task in front of them. And that is PERFECTLY fine. Being young is natural and its just a part of growing up. ADHD and ADD have nothing to do with how children act in school today and how adults act in the working/real world. People choose to act how they wish and it sometimes causes people to think they are not normal which then causes doctors to make up random sicknesses.

You could take me to a doctor right now, have them open my skull, look into my brain, and they would most likely tell you that I am a perfectly fine human being with a perfectly fine normal brain. If I wanted to beat up someone or slam a door or not do my school work or decide not to go into work one day its because I make the choice... Not some sickness.

People just need to stop blaming their problems on a made up sickness...

it's not made up. sure people are diagnosed poorly, but there are safeguards set up against things like that from happening. i wasn't diagnosed with ADD till i was in high school, all the while i was told i was lazy, but i just couldn't for the life of me stay focused on anything(not even my favorite games)

I totally understand you there... I have a hard time focusing on things I dislike or find boring but when it comes to something I love or want to do I find myself having a much better time focusing on it.

If its something I find boring, like work.... well I get paid to do my job so I still do it to the best of my ability razz

the difference, i CAN'T focus on things i like. i can barely stand to stay on here for long.
Your_Phantom
Jess Lojik
Your_Phantom
Everyone diagnosed with ADHD is wrongly diagnosed.... Doctors are paid to tell you that something is wrong with you so they have a reason to make you buy pills they "Claim" will make you better...

I was diagnosed with ADHD,Bipolar and a few other things when I was 8 years old. Im turning 22 tomorrow and I stopped taking the pills when I was 16. The moment I stopped taking the pills my life changed completely and I felt like a human being again...

The ******** pills turn you into a zombie and don't do a damn thing except make you sick. Sure its nice to have a doctor to talk to about your problems but sadly they don't realize they are paid to put you on some random pill that does nothing for you.

And besides... there is NOT such a thing as being "Normal".... everyone is equal and matched out as they should be. ADHD is a made up sickness as is Bipolar and other such things. You go to a doctor and tell them how you feel and they say you have this and that. They can't go into your mind and see what you're REALLY thinking now can they? No...

I am not saying there is anything wrong or bad about the doctors but what I'm getting at is the fact that if you let yourself believe there is something wrong with you then you have no self control or believe in yourself enough. The people born with physical handicaps I can understand but ADHD?... thats a lame excuse for calling someone "stupid" or "dimwitted"...

*shoots you* look if you're diagnosed with something it's not cause the doctors are paid to give you meds, it's cause their paid to HELP YOU! they take an oath to HELP PEOPLE! not to hurt them. i know bipolar people, i am ADD, i KNOW that they are real. not taking meds is your choice, but if you persuade ANYONE not to take them... ... then i'll mourn their (hopefully not) early deaths.

and yes sometimes the meds help people to keep from becoming an extreme that'll kill them eventually.

Where in my post did I say "Doctors give people pills to hurt them?"......

People who kill themselves are the ones who give up on everything and tend not to think of what others think if they took their own life. I knew plenty of people who took their own lives BECAUSE of the pills they were on. I never said that doctors "DON'T" help people. Hell, sometimes people have told me to become a psychiatrist simply because I can easily talk with people and help them with their issues. I honestly don't think people need pills to make them better. They need time to really sit down and think about what the hell is going on in their lives and make some big choices for themselves.

Doctors are fine since sometimes we all need a stranger to talk to about our issues... or someone who can simply give us advice. They claim that the pills are made to somehow effect certain areas in your brain to help "Balance" it or something. What is there that needs to be balanced? People make choices both good and bad and it ends up effecting their lives in different ways. I honestly see ADHD and ADD as a way of calling someone "Stupid" or "Retarded" without actually saying the word. Its pathetic stare

... ... the pills do help. even if they have no real value to them. the placebo effect works miracles. i and many friends i have will testify that the pills help us. some don't help some people but do others. i don't understand anyone(i'm not saying you will) that says that they don't help.

oh well... ...
Sanguvixen
ADD and ADHD is thought of as a disability. I have ADHD, and to be honest, all it means is that you learn differently than most other people, your mind goes really fast, and because of that you get distracted and bored really easily.

It becomes a disability when you are shoved into a school system where they don't take into consideration that not everyone learns the same, and the teachers all teach one style of learning. Put a kid/teen/young adult that really does have ADHD in a class that goes as fast as their mind does and it is though they don't have a disability at all.

I wish doctors wouldn't over diagnose suger high kids with ADHD, because it makes it hard for those of us who really do have the disorder.

I agree. I was diagnosed with ADHD years ago and it really badly effected learning for me. My teachers didn't understand me and instead degraded me for not being able to learn like everyone else. Now I've dropped out because I can't take their ignorance. My ADHD even effects my relationship. sweatdrop

So to be honest, I do look at it as a disability.
Pink Desires
Sanguvixen
ADD and ADHD is thought of as a disability. I have ADHD, and to be honest, all it means is that you learn differently than most other people, your mind goes really fast, and because of that you get distracted and bored really easily.

It becomes a disability when you are shoved into a school system where they don't take into consideration that not everyone learns the same, and the teachers all teach one style of learning. Put a kid/teen/young adult that really does have ADHD in a class that goes as fast as their mind does and it is though they don't have a disability at all.

I wish doctors wouldn't over diagnose suger high kids with ADHD, because it makes it hard for those of us who really do have the disorder.

I agree. I was diagnosed with ADHD years ago and it really badly effected learning for me. My teachers didn't understand me and instead degraded me for not being able to learn like everyone else. Now I've dropped out because I can't take their ignorance. My ADHD even effects my relationship. sweatdrop

So to be honest, I do look at it as a disability.

dang. well everyone knew i could do anything with my iq but they couldn't understand my lack of concentration or "lazyness"

all of my teachers were told by past teachers that i was smart and how to deal with my ADD. so it was a little better for me.
Henry FBP
ADHD kids have always been looked upon as "disabled", but we know we just think faster than our body can comprehend exclaim

Are we gonna let them call us disabled or not question

I never heard anyone refer to ADHD as a disability. How can you think faster? I thought people with ADHD cant pay attention?

My cousin had that and like most grew out of it he is a working adult with a normal life, maybe as a kid he couldn't pay attention or whatever, but isn't that most people?
Lostkeysintro
Henry FBP
ADHD kids have always been looked upon as "disabled", but we know we just think faster than our body can comprehend exclaim

I never heard anyone refer to ADHD as a disability. How can you think faster? I thought people with ADHD cant pay attention?

My cousin had that and like most grew out of it he is a working adult with a normal life, maybe as a kid he couldn't pay attention or whatever, but isn't that most people?

i don't think people understand, ADD and ADHD, do NOT go away as you get older. you just learn to cope better. it never goes away.
both of my kids have add (one with the hyper part) and we struggled with it their entire school lives--now they are in the "real" world and don't need the meds to fulfill anyone else's expectations the lead productive lives and are great parents themselves--don't let others tell you what is best for you
Jess Lojik
Lostkeysintro
Henry FBP

i don't think people understand, ADD and ADHD, do NOT go away as you get older. you just learn to cope better. it never goes away.

Yea but I think alot of people are Misdiagnosed as a kids.
Lostkeysintro
Jess Lojik
Lostkeysintro
Henry FBP

Yea but I think alot of people are Misdiagnosed as a kids.

i know. i wasn't misdiagnosed i'm sure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces