Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've had skin problems for many many years and I can say with confidence that I've tried the vast majority of the "cures" out there. Acne is just another part of life, a bacteria that lays dorment in out pores from a young age and is activated later on.

That being said, I've found that the best cleansers are actually either Sulfur bars, sea salt or these native remedies that I find around my city (it's a black soap bar) along with moisterisers and sunlight. Using SPF grade creams or gels is essential.
Prolonged exposure over the past week has actually aided with the scarring problems I also suffer from. biggrin
I get some acne, but I usually take care of it by washing my face and putting on Clean&Clear's pimple control. It really works. Acne is the least of my troubles now. smile
I'm a lucky person.

Sure, I get little break-outs every now and then, but not nearly as much as I should. I should be getting loads of acne since I eat loads of junk food, but I don't!

Maybe that's because I use this face wash thing at times that makes my face extremely shiny and smell like mint toothpaste. It's pretty funny.

: P
I only have black-heads on my nose. gonk
I used ProActiv, but it only helped a little, like it made them not so noticeble, but still!
I wish they would just go away!
Blitzkrieg Beauty
I don't really have acne problems, but I do have the occasional break-out around my nose, or chin.

I don't really notice it when people have acne unless they pick at it, or it's obvious that they're not doing anything to take care of it. (Just wash your face damn it!)

The best treatments I've heard, and used are UV treatment (tanning) and home remedies. Like aspirin masks, lemon juice, garlic masks. Also I have this "taffy face peel" stuff that pretty much just treats black heads, and under the skin breakouts.
I love how everybody thinks that washing your face works. If it was really that easy, we'd all have good skin. I had really bad acne from 5th-7th grade and was teased because of it. A boy in my 7th grade class (That I liked at the time, like a moron.) told me ,"Go to a ******** dermatologist,ugly b***h" and that I should of been aborted. Finally, I was put on Monocycline and a 2% Benzol Peroxide Cream. I ******** glad too because I was on the verge of committing suicide over because of how worthless many people in my class made me feel. I still do get them,but, my face is all over clear.
Mine use to be really bad, so I got my mom to take me to a dermotologist and they put me on these pills called acutain. (sp?)

It was living hell for 6 months. I was having extreme mood swings, and went into depression. And i had to get transfered out of gym class because of muscle pains. AND I had to get monthly blood tests and pregnency test (even though I was only 12) A kid on this medicine even killed himself because of what this medicne does to your mind.

but after 6 months i had litterally flawless skin like the magazines.

If you are so horrified with your skin that you would go through all of that, than go for it.

If not than i suggust you learn to love yourself for who you are.

Or get other less painful treatments from the dermotologist.
Acne is something I have struggled with since middle school (and now I'm a junior in college). One of the products that has worked the best is the acne kit from Aveda. It is all-natural and very gentle. I have sensitive skin, so most acne products break me out worse. Also, avoid pills with isotrention in it. Isotrention is used for acne, but one must use 2 types of proctection during sex, and be a part of a program. Also, it cause depression and suicidal tendencies.
Fuji_Syusuke 67
well dont let acne rule your life, its curable

No it isn't curable, unfortunately. (I'd like it if it was).

It's treatable. It's manageable. If you take anti-biotics, eat healthy, take care of your face, etc then you can reduce it or make it disappear temporary. But acne's not curable; it's not like you can take a shot and be all "Okay, acne's gone for good. I don't have to worry about it anymore." No; you forget to take your medicine, or you have desert for dinner once, and the acne comes back.

I agree with you that we shouldn't let acne rule our lives (it's a silly reason isn't it?), and I agree that it can be managed enough that it shouldn't be able to rule our lives, but it just doesn't have a cure either. Keeping acne down is a working progress, there is no final result.
I've had acne problems since I entered Middle School and I've been struggling with them ever since. I've tried every technique under the sun, and if I were only consistent with all my methods then I know my acne would be gone now. (What can I say? I'm a creature of habit; if I forget once then the whole system comes crashing down sweatdrop ). Here's what advice I can give:

1.) Eat a healthy, balanced, nutritious diet (rich in unprocessed meat, dairy, fruits, and veggies) and I swear to God Above your skin will start to clear up on its own. I'm not saying acne'll disappear completely, but it will significantly reduce the size and frequency of breakouts. pirate

2.) Try some prescription anti-biotics and anti-acne medication from doctors. I know I apply Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Gel to my pimples in the morning and Tretinoin Cream, USP at night (when I remember) and it also significantly reduces breakout sizes. ninja

3.) The usual facial scrubs and wipes (Neutrogena is supposedly a good brand...) are always a good idea. At the very least wash your face twice a day. emo

4.) I hear that if you wash your face right after you sweat, then that could naturally cleanse your pores. When you sweat, the liquid pushes all the nasty stuff out and clears your face; but if you let it sit and evaporate then the bad stuff re-settles and you end up getting even worse breakouts (you'll notice that a lot of athletes get really bad acne on the parts of their faces where they sweat the most). Supposedly if you do this frequently and often then that can help reduce acne. sweatdrop

I'm sure there are other methods, but these are the ones I've tried and when used consistently, they work very well. biggrin

Ever since my bangs got cut I've been having some issues with acne. x__X It really sucks because I've never really had to deal with it before. So now I just wash my face every night and wear a bandanna so I don't sleep with my bands on my forehead. I'm thinking about using a moisturizer though because I think my skin is beginning to get a little dry, though in the summer it probably won't be an issue.
well dont let acne rule your life, its curable
I rarely get pimples. But I read in this book that lemons are supposed to help get rid of acne. It's one of the older methods.

I told this to my sister, so she tries it, but she doesn't really get pimples or anything either, but her face was really dry, so the next day, coincidentally, my mom's starts freaking out because my sister's face is really smooth. XD I thought it was sort of funny.
The older I get the more they go away

Proactive made my face look like a huge red rug burn-didn't work

Doctor gave some vanishing cream- made my face look oily but did ok I suppose

Realizing I'm not the one staring at my face all day- works wonders
I used to have a big problem with it but now it's all good. I usually get it below my nose. confused
PureAngelJulie
People who don't have acne are soooo lucky. Anyway, I heard of Proactiv but honestly I'm alittle scared about switching over to it because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

dont switch to proactive. it's going to dry your face. acnefree is pretty good. just apply the third one at night because if you put it on in the morning, it's gonna make your face really red. put on a moisturizer in the morning after you wash your face. also, clean your face when you get home from school

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff