Welcome to Gaia! ::

Okay, now I know that people have a hard time talking about it but we have to face reality. Everybody gets breakouts, acne, zits, etc. Everyday you watch T.V. and read magazines that show images of people with perfect skin but the truth is they don't. The images are altered to make them look better while all of us think that we arent' good enough and force ourselves to look like them. I personally have acne problems. They started when I was 12 and I still have acne at 14 now. Sure, its getting better but I just look at myself and think "Why am I not as pretty as other people?" My self-esteem is very low about my self-image because of this. All in all, I posted this to vent out and to see what you think about having acne? Did you have it? What do you feel about people that have acne? How do you deal with it? What advice do you have for others about acne? What suggestions do you have for treatements for acne?

So, what do you think?

P.S.-I use this three step treatment called Acnefree.
User Image

If you treat it as a joke you won't have an issue with it.

When I get a big zit I laugh about it.
Why?
Its funny.
All teens get them.
I don't really have acne problems, but I do have the occasional break-out around my nose, or chin.

I don't really notice it when people have acne unless they pick at it, or it's obvious that they're not doing anything to take care of it. (Just wash your face damn it!)

The best treatments I've heard, and used are UV treatment (tanning) and home remedies. Like aspirin masks, lemon juice, garlic masks. Also I have this "taffy face peel" stuff that pretty much just treats black heads, and under the skin breakouts.
i have acne problems.
sort of bad scarring.
i ******** hate it.
I've never had acne, but I've known many people who have. I think you should try not to let it stress you out too much, because the people who matter aren't gonna care if you have it or not. In fact, I had a major crush on a guy who had acne. He lived with it for a few years but was getting sick of it, so he started using Proactiv, and his face totally cleared up. So if your current treatment isn't working that well, and you really want your acne gone I'd suggest trying Proactiv.

3,950 Points
  • Pie Pusher 50
  • Pie Scarface 150
  • Pie For All! 300
What's worked for me is getting the contraceptive pill from the doctor. It doesn't matter whether you're going to use it for it's intended purpose or not, you can ask for it just to help keep your skin clear. Because it controls your hormones, it can help stop breakouts.

Also, use a facial wash for sensitive skin and a moisturiser that's specifically developed for people with spots. Wash your face and use moisturiser in the morning and before you go to bed, but no more than that, because over-washing can make it worse.
I ******** hate my acne problem, and ProActiv made it worse. I'm using the Acne wash from Neutrogena now and it's starting to clear up.
I break out ALL the time.
But as was said above, I treat it like a joke because to me, it's not that serious.
It's only natural.
I have acne too
its usually a small zit, but yeah most commercials are fake
I just laugh so hard when its obviously a diffrent person in the after photos
oh wait thats for weight loss xd
I used to have REALLY bad acne so my doctor perscibed me Clenia, this really strong face wash. It all went away in about a month! Yay! Ever since I've never broken out. Just the occational zit, but they're gone in a few days.
Plus, my birth control helps prevent them too.
People who don't have acne are soooo lucky. Anyway, I heard of Proactiv but honestly I'm alittle scared about switching over to it because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.
I rarely break out..
Mine's not terrible, but it's not perect either.
I mostly them on my forehead, and small ones around my nose, chin and eyes.
I've had a litte spot right next to my eye for a year now. But I don't really care though, because it's small and minute.
Although, I get them on my back, and I have scars from picking at them. Once I find it, I pick :/

I need to stop that habit...

Shy Kitten

I had acne when I was in high school but now I only get it when it's that time of month and it's only like 1 or 2 pimples. I just wash, use clean and clear persagel and moisturize once or twice a day.
i get break outs like every other day and i just deal with it by ignoring it.
of course i wash my face and take care of it but people would just have to like me for who i am and not my looks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff