Welcome to Gaia! ::

Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N
There's also smart anti-feminists.
There are no stupid anti-feminists.

I don't agree with Nipsy blocking people, but it's more often the feminists that block people more than the anti-feminists.

so..... considering that feminism, and not the radicalized versions that are popularized, is based around the idea that men and women deserve to have equal rights, how is someone a smart anti-feminist?

it seems fairly impossible to me to believe that one can cling to outdated philosophies and think its okay to marginalize an entire sex and still fall under the label of "smart"

Funny thing is, the ones that are clinging onto outdated philosophies and marginalizing an entire sex... are feminists!

Figured you wouldn't see that though.

how is the idea of equality outdated?

are you drunk?

your drunk aren't you

No, he's just a gender role traditionalist.
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N

I don't agree with Nipsy blocking people, but it's more often the feminists that block people more than the anti-feminists.

so..... considering that feminism, and not the radicalized versions that are popularized, is based around the idea that men and women deserve to have equal rights, how is someone a smart anti-feminist?

it seems fairly impossible to me to believe that one can cling to outdated philosophies and think its okay to marginalize an entire sex and still fall under the label of "smart"

Funny thing is, the ones that are clinging onto outdated philosophies and marginalizing an entire sex... are feminists!

are you drunk?

your drunk aren't you

It's not cause it's the anti-feminists that believe in equality, just check out the Women Against Feminism Tumblr and Facebook.
GSK Lives
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N

are you drunk?

your drunk aren't you

Actually, I'm a true egalitarian.
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N

are you drunk?

your drunk aren't you

No, you're a traditionalist. You say nothing in opposition to misogyny or gender role traditionalists.
Yobyaxes N
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N

are you drunk?

your drunk aren't you

It's not cause it's the anti-feminists that believe in equality, just check out the Women Against Feminism Tumblr and Facebook.

okay so it isn't that your drunk, you are just uninformed

see feminism = men and women should be treated the same

that's literally it

any message that is contradictory to that is not feminism.
GSK Lives
GoneCrazyResurrected
GSK Lives
Dromias
GSK Lives
RyaZombie
Why can't feminism just die in a fire already?

Because women kinda like the idea of autonomy and not being relegated to a single role in life.
She means feminism as in feminazis.

Feminists who want as many abortions performed as possible? I didn't even think those existed really anymore.

But if you mean MISANDRISTS, well, bigots gonna bigot. You can shout them down, you can render them irrelevant, but you can't rid of them. Believe me, I've tried to figure out how.

It's actually this mentality that is very popular on the left that is the problem.

It's popular with both sides. How else do you think that talk radio got so big?

I was interpreting "You can shout them down" in a bit more nuanced way than it being literal.

I'd say if we are talking literally, then yes it is popular with both sides. However if we are talking about a group of people who actively try to shut down other people's opinions, try to prevent people from speaking their mind, and try to get people fired for holding certain opinions, it is overwhelmingly a left wing phenomena.
GSK Lives
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N

are you drunk?

your drunk aren't you

Wait wait wait you just accused Yoby of being a gender role traditionalist?

Hahahaha that's rich, Yoby is against traditional roles.

If you actually listened to what he said you'd know that he constantly criticizes the traditional male gender role in a marriage which is the worker-drone.

If you want to know who actually believes in traditional gender roles it's Space Janitor/Land of Bliss.

Demonic Ally

Y'know, I made this thread to stop all this bullshit.
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N

are you drunk?

your drunk aren't you

No, you're a traditionalist. You say nothing in opposition to misogyny or gender role traditionalists.

Lol u srs? He frequently criticizes the traditional gender role that males are pressured to go into in our society. He does it all the time, but as I'll explain it's not surprising that a feminist would not notice that he criticizes male traditional gender roles.

I'm pretty sure Yoby doesn't find you calling him (or feminists calling him a traditionalist) surprising because to feminists if people don't constantly criticize traditional female gender roles 24/7 then you are deemed a "traditionalist" as you have called him. Yet you completely ignore that he criticizes traditional male gender roles, but as Yoby would predict, this would go over feminists heads and they would not notice that he criticizes male gender roles because to feminists male issues are totally irrelevant and unimportant. So when he criticizes traditional male gender roles it goes completely unnoticed by you and feminists. You are showing your own bias, I think you are tainted with the "women are wonderful effect" which is actually a real thing in psychology.

So by accusing him of a traditionalist, you are actually giving him more ammo to support his case that feminists don't give a s**t at all about the issues men face.
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N
Azor Ahai
Yobyaxes N

are you drunk?

your drunk aren't you

okay so it isn't that your drunk, you are just uninformed

see feminism = men and women should be treated the same

that's literally it

any message that is contradictory to that is not feminism.

So how many people have made this retarded argument in this thread now?

3, 4......perhaps more?

Do you people actually think for yourselves, or are all of you subscribed to the same blogs and just copying what the authors say verbatim?

Learned Seeker

5,150 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Dromias
Yobyaxes N
Dromias
Yobyaxes N

There's dumb everyone.
Who the hell is Nipsy?

The guy that I was talking to this whole time. He's blocking people left and right while I tried to have discussions with them (albeit they're throwing bullshit at me and I'm just countering the same way I always do because they're not saying anything new). It's ironic though that they're claiming victory because Nipsy blocked them when at the same time, they would block me just as often.
Is there some drama with feminism going on rn? I've jus gotten tired of every frontpage thread being the same old bullshit.

Feminism gets posted about all the time. The forum is predominantly used by teenagers and adolescents, and there's nothing that kids like more than a battle of the sexes. Young men feel persecuted by feminism (not because they are - just because the title 'feminism' inherently discludes men), young women feel like they have to dislike feminism in order to get male attention, and the people who defend feminism feel like they have to because... well, the thought of the world being filled with the kind of people who become "anti-feminists" is just icky.

Demonic Ally

Hamelia
Dromias
Yobyaxes N
Dromias
Yobyaxes N

There's dumb everyone.
Who the hell is Nipsy?

The guy that I was talking to this whole time. He's blocking people left and right while I tried to have discussions with them (albeit they're throwing bullshit at me and I'm just countering the same way I always do because they're not saying anything new). It's ironic though that they're claiming victory because Nipsy blocked them when at the same time, they would block me just as often.
Is there some drama with feminism going on rn? I've jus gotten tired of every frontpage thread being the same old bullshit.

Feminism gets posted about all the time. The forum is predominantly used by teenagers and adolescents, and there's nothing that kids like more than a battle of the sexes. Young men feel persecuted by feminism (not because they are - just because the title 'feminism' inherently discludes men), young women feel like they have to dislike feminism in order to get male attention, and the people who defend feminism feel like they have to because... well, the thought of the world being filled with the kind of people who become "anti-feminists" is just icky.
Um. Most people in LD are 25+
I'm the second youngest AFAIK, and I'm seventeen.

Lonely Conversationalist

I wonder what this argument sounds like when you take all of the sensationalism out of it...

"I think that everyone deserves equal rights!"
"Me, too! Especially for women!"
"Wait, are you saying that women especially deserve equality, or that they deserve more rights than men?"
"The latter thing.... NO! WAIT! The first thing."
"Women especially deserve equality?"
"Yeah."

Seriously. How can y'all argue about whether feminism is good or bad without agreeing on what the ******** it is? I've been watching this s**t unfold, and y'all are lookin' reeeeaaaall ignant.
GoneCrazyResurrected
GSK Lives
GoneCrazyResurrected
GSK Lives
Dromias
She means feminism as in feminazis.

Feminists who want as many abortions performed as possible? I didn't even think those existed really anymore.

But if you mean MISANDRISTS, well, bigots gonna bigot. You can shout them down, you can render them irrelevant, but you can't rid of them. Believe me, I've tried to figure out how.

It's actually this mentality that is very popular on the left that is the problem.

It's popular with both sides. How else do you think that talk radio got so big?

I was interpreting "You can shout them down" in a bit more nuanced way than it being literal.

I'd say if we are talking literally, then yes it is popular with both sides. However if we are talking about a group of people who actively try to shut down other people's opinions, try to prevent people from speaking their mind, and try to get people fired for holding certain opinions, it is overwhelmingly a left wing phenomena.

Is on the right too. Ann Coulter called for all liberals to be locked up in Gitmo. Micheal Savage called for them to be hung by lamposts in the streets. Michelle Bachmann even called for democrat congressmen and women to be reviewed and possibly arrested for "anti American sentiments".
GoneCrazyResurrected

You'd have a point except for one thing; he still thinks men should be the dominant authority in a marriage by virtue of being men and that women should not work except domestically.

So he wants men to have all the power, none of the responsibility. Kinda like feminists, wouldn't you say?

But tainted by "women are wonderful". Hardly. I despise feminine traits and femininity. I view it as weak and submissive, and the weak and submissive in life are used up or devoured.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff