Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hime_Anyay
Subliminal Mindfck
Hime_Anyay
Subliminal Mindfck
Hime_Anyay
Yeah, I was confusing myself there - I'm not sure where I got that from, but anyway lol
But honestly, there's no need to be so sarcastic.. >_> And don't be nasty, either sweatdrop biggrin

Who, me?
I was not being sarcastic, nor was I being nasty.

I'm just saying that abortion should be legal for everybody. Period.

No, no, not you, no worries :3
I praise your opinion, any way :3

Aaah, Ok. sweatdrop

lol ^_~

Forums can be so troublesome sometimes, can't they? surprised

Yes, quite troublesome. XD
No I don't agree with you. It shoulden't be a get out of jail free card but it should be the option under certian circumstances. In the end it should be the parents choice.
The mother should have the right to decide.

What if the child has mental issues and will suffer for the rest of its life? Then should you let the child suffer?

What if the child poses medical issues for the mother? Allow the child to live and endanger the lives of both the mother and unborn child?

What if the unborn child is a product of rape? Let the mother carry the unborn child for nine months and be reminded of the pain and humility?

I believe in life, but ultimately the mother should be able to decide what is best.

Hygienic Conversationalist

6,350 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • First step to fame 200
User Image
emoPANDA Says:
-----------------------|

I believe abotion is wrong, I don't care what anyone else says. I can understand if you were raped, but at least put the poor child up for adoption! Everyone deserves a chance to live, and abortion is murder, you are killing a living being. They really should make it illegal.

Who Needs DDR When You Can Have PPR?
(PandaPanda Revolution Beech! X3)
|------------------------------------

User Image

Dapper Humorist

Emo-RAWR-Panda
User Image
emoPANDA Says:
-----------------------|

I believe abotion is wrong, I don't care what anyone else says. I can understand if you were raped, but at least put the poor child up for adoption! Everyone deserves a chance to live, and abortion is murder, you are killing a living being. They really should make it illegal.

User Image

A cow is still a living being but I'm willing to bet you have eaten meat in your life time.
And yes, you can put it up for adoption, where it will end up rotting in a care home because there isnt a demand for the million yearly aborted unwanted children in the U.S.A
Emo-RAWR-Panda
User Image
emoPANDA Says:
-----------------------|

User Image
Everyone deserves a chance to live... except rape babies? Nice.

The unborn do not have a right to life. The right to life is only granted to born persons. And even if the unborn had rights, there is no right to occupy another person's body. There is no right to steal the use of another person's organs.
Adoption also doesn't help me if I'm 11 weeks pregnant and want it to be over NOW.
Jazzberry
Roko Gunshin
Ok, after having foster kids in my house for four years, I'm not only pro-choice, I'm pro-abortion. I'm already sick of seeing more people, and experienceing, first hand, the ramefications of what happens when stupid people have, and raise kids. Everyone should be temporarily fixed at age 12, and have it reversed when they are married and have proven that they can be competant parents.

Except, you know, that sterilization is not always reversible OR 100% effective.
Fine then, the babies of the ones that weren't 100% effective can be given to the parents that couldn't have theirs reversed.
Pepper Lynna
Do you agree?

yes only if it is for medical reasons or if it a rape baby
evil_sheep
Pepper Lynna
Do you agree?

yes only if it is for medical reasons or if it a rape baby
Why are rape babies less deserving of life?
Hime_Anyay
I agree with you, however, apparently it's very unlikely that you'd get pregnant if you were raped.

I call bullshit. Your body does not differentiate between "rapist sperm" and "non-rapist sperm." Ovulation, fertilization, and implantation will happen regardless of consent to sex. The general pro-choice argument does not hinge on rape (I actually hate it when people say they are pro-choice, only to bring up rape exceptions), but it's incredibly rude to try and trivialize the experiences of those who did get pregnant from rape.

Also, abortion does not cause breast cancer. NCI > you. In fact, the risks associated with abortion are nowhere closer to outnumbering this list of pregnancy complications. Makes sense, seeing how a safe 10-minute medical procedure doesn't involve nine months of gestating a lifeform that uses your body for nutrients, shelter, oxygen, and waste management, only to exit in a horrendously painful manner at the conclusion of its growth.

Quote:
Normal, frequent or expectable temporary side effects of pregnancy:

exhaustion (weariness common from first weeks)
altered appetite and senses of taste and smell
nausea and vomiting (50% of women, first trimester)
heartburn and indigestion
constipation
weight gain
dizziness and light-headedness
bloating, swelling, fluid retention
hemmorhoids
abdominal cramps
yeast infections
congested, bloody nose
acne and mild skin disorders
skin discoloration (chloasma, face and abdomen)
mild to severe backache and strain
increased headaches
difficulty sleeping, and discomfort while sleeping
increased urination and incontinence
bleeding gums
pica
breast pain and discharge
swelling of joints, leg cramps, joint pain
difficulty sitting, standing in later pregnancy
inability to take regular medications
shortness of breath
higher blood pressure
hair loss
tendency to anemia
curtailment of ability to participate in some sports and activities
infection including from serious and potentially fatal disease
(pregnant women are immune suppressed compared with non-pregnant women, and
are more susceptible to fungal and certain other diseases)
extreme pain on delivery
hormonal mood changes, including normal post-partum depression
continued post-partum exhaustion and recovery period (exacerbated if a c-section -- major surgery -- is required, sometimes taking up to a full year to fully recover)

Normal, expectable, or frequent PERMANENT side effects of pregnancy:

stretch marks (worse in younger women)
loose skin
permanent weight gain or redistribution
abdominal and vaginal muscle weakness
pelvic floor disorder (occurring in as many as 35% of middle-aged former child-bearers and 50% of elderly former child-bearers, associated with urinary and rectal incontinence, discomfort and reduced quality of life)
changes to breasts
varicose veins
scarring from episiotomy or c-section
other permanent aesthetic changes to the body (all of these are downplayed by women, because the culture values youth and beauty)
increased proclivity for hemmorhoids
loss of dental and bone calcium (cavities and osteoporosis)

Occasional complications and side effects:

hyperemesis gravidarum
temporary and permanent injury to back
severe scarring requiring later surgery (especially after additional pregnancies)
dropped (prolapsed) uterus (especially after additional pregnancies, and other pelvic floor weaknesses -- 11% of women, including cystocele, rectocele, and enterocele)
pre-eclampsia (edema and hypertension, the most common complication of pregnancy, associated with eclampsia, and affecting 7 - 10% of pregnancies)
eclampsia (convulsions, coma during pregnancy or labor, high risk of death)
gestational diabetes
placenta previa
anemia (which can be life-threatening)
thrombocytopenic purpura
severe cramping
embolism (blood clots)
medical disability requiring full bed rest (frequently ordered during part of many pregnancies varying from days to months for health of either mother or baby)
diastasis recti, also torn abdominal muscles
mitral valve stenosis (most common cardiac complication)
serious infection and disease (e.g. increased risk of tuberculosis)
hormonal imbalance
ectopic pregnancy (risk of death)
broken bones (ribcage, "tail bone" wink
hemorrhage and
numerous other complications of delivery
refractory gastroesophageal reflux disease
aggravation of pre-pregnancy diseases and conditions (e.g. epilepsy is present in .5% of pregnant women, and the pregnancy alters drug metabolism and treatment prospects all the while it increases the number and frequency of seizures)
severe post-partum depression and psychosis
research now indicates a possible link between ovarian cancer and female fertility treatments, including "egg harvesting" from infertile women and donors
research also now indicates correlations between lower breast cancer survival rates and proximity in time to onset of cancer of last pregnancy
research also indicates a correlation between having six or more pregnancies and a risk of coronary and cardiovascular disease

Less common (but serious) complications:

peripartum cardiomyopathy
cardiopulmonary arrest
magnesium toxicity
severe hypoxemia/acidosis
massive embolism
increased intracranial pressure, brainstem infarction
molar pregnancy, gestational trophoblastic disease (like a pregnancy-induced cancer)
malignant arrhythmia
circulatory collapse
placental abruption
obstetric fistula

More permanent side effects:

future infertility
permanent disability
death.
Abortion is right. 3nodding

Dedicated Paladin

9,750 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Battle: Knight 100
While I appreciate your concern, you should let others choose their own path, rather than force others down a path of religions making.

If you ask me my religious stance on this, you will get the same answer that I give on birth control and sex before marriage. Make up your own mind. Some religions take away a persons freedom, while with my religion, doing that is against the first and second rules. There is no wiggle room. If I break one of those rules, I am not eternally damned becasue the Goddess understands that humans are flawed. There is no shame in falling, only if you don't pick yourself up afterwards does it matter.

My personal stance on this is simple. Religion should never play a part in what is a personal decision. It may guide you, but never, EVER should it force you to choose a path. I think that it is a womans right to choose what happens to her body, not some old man in Rome, not a group of men sitting around, making decisions for the rest of the world and definitely not a book written over 2000 years ago, whose author is debated.
Pepper Lynna
I just think it is depressing. Just have the baby and put it up for adoption, at least then you aren't taking a life.

what if giving birth will kill the woman with the fetus

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces