Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've never been attracted to someone of the opposite sex.

I don't believe you can be straight/gay for just one person, but I think some people can be so rarely attracted to one sex that it might seem that way.

Lavish Pup

Call me Rainleaf
I know it's a weird thing to say. The best thing I can think of is an episode of Degrassi. Marco was a kid who was completely gay, but he fell in love with his female best friend, and they almost ended up having sex one night. He still only liked men, but he was 'straight' for her, in a sense. So the idea of sex with her is off-putting to you, then?
Do you think a guy who was sexually and romantically/emotionally involved with a girl for almost a year could be gay?

Yeah, I can't imagine myself having sex with a girl.
Sure, it's possible. That guy can be gay or bisexual. He is who he is.

Beloved Seeker

The Gay Science

I don't believe you can be straight/gay for just one person, but I think some people can be so rarely attracted to one sex that it might seem that way.

What do you mean by that?
Call me Rainleaf
The Gay Science

What do you mean by that?

Well, there aren't just people who are 100% attracted to their own sex, 100% attracted to the opposite sex and then 50%/50% to each sex. Some people will be almost entirely attracted to one sex with a very rare exception. I don't believe there are really extreme special snowflakes who will be able to make someone otherwise 100% gay/straight go the other way just for them. If you're able to find one person of your less-favored sex attractive, then statistically speaking, it's almost impossible that no one else could ever fill those qualities. It may just be very rare that all the circumstances are met for you to be attracted to that sex.

6,050 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Eh, kinda.
It's hard to explain.

your avi = tentacle rape?
I had boyfriends before I knew I was a lesbian, but I never really got physical beyond hugging. I wasn't really physically attracted to them; it was more of they asked me out, and I said yes because I wanted people to stop thinking I was a lesbian. Of course, that was in middle school. I didn't figure things out until my junior year of high school. lol

But now that I've had a few girlfriends, it's really hard to imagine being with a guy.
you like what you like :3

Timid Dabbler

8,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Junior 100
Definitely. And I think there will always be 'exceptions' to one's sexual orientation.
(I'm straight but have had like one crush on a girl before... you could say that makes me bi, but I don't identify myself that way since it's nowhere near 50/50.... I think orientation is usually a spectrum)
no these questions have the dumbs ugh i knew i was homo queen when i was 5
Eh, kinda.
It's hard to explain.

YOU'RE GAY AND GINGER?!

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Skjolddis
Eh, kinda.
It's hard to explain.

YOU'RE GAY AND GINGER?!

Maybe....
ninja
Skjolddis
Eh, kinda.
It's hard to explain.

YOU'RE GAY AND GINGER?!

Maybe....
ninja

I'd fap to that.

Dapper Phantom

Since I am bisexual, I can't really answer this question.

I will say a lot of people who are straight/gay are actually hetero/homoflexible which is like almost being bi, but they don't want to admit it. The like being part of the gay/straight "club".
Oh yes. My sexual and romantic interest is directed to women only, but damn if Leonard Nimoy didn't look hot in the 60's.
Eh, not really. Before I knew, I wasn't really attracted to anyone at all. Though my case isn't the usual. Lots of folks know they're gay in their preteens, even earlier, or at least have same-sex crushes.
A lot of homofabulous folks will occasionally have an odd and confusing attraction to someone of the opposite sex, either romantically or physically, but it usually passes. I like to attribute this to the fact that, in my opinion, sexuality is actually rather fluid. I think it's actually pretty rare that anyone is 100% gay or straight, but so many are so set in the mindset of "I'm gay" or "I'm straight" that a once in a while attraction to someone outside of their usual gender-spectrum is usually dismissed by them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games