Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexuality is fluid and weird, and mostly undefinable.
My bf identified straight but he's dating me soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo... and I don't think he'd go after any other guys if we separated.

Hallowed Wench

I'm a MtF Transsexual and prior to HRT I didn't like men, after I had been on it for a while my sexual preferences went to liking both men and women.

Depending on my mood determines which I want more.

Chatty Smoker

I don't think you "go" gay. She could be bisexual, or she could have been confused and finally discovered herself. Pretty much every gay/lesbian person I know has dated the opposite sex in middle school or so before they came to terms with who they truly are, since society teaches us that it's man and woman, they assume that's what they must like, when in the end it isn't. Totally normal. I don't think someone can "go gay" after bad experiences with men. If that were true, I would've been a lesbian long ago. Har har.

I also think sexuality can change as you get older, and sometimes a straight person can fall for someone of the same sex just once or twice, and still consider themselves straight since it was a rare occurrence.

My sexuality definitely changed since middle school... I used to be really attracted to men and notice them 24/7. It was always "Wow, he's so hot! OMG, look at him!" and I thought of sex a lot. Now I notice a guy like twice a week and couldn't care less about sex. My sexuality definitely changed; I don't care much about sex or romantic relationships as I did in middle school when I was younger and just figuring stuff out.

Spoopy Kitten

LGBT+ people know they are what they are the same time you knew what you were. If you knew you were straight when you were born, an LGBT+ person knew they were LGBT+ when they were born too

Source: Ive had crushes on boys and girls since i was 3 and have known i was under the trans* branch just as long

Party Animal

Chiriyum
So what should i say about wanting a friend who likes the same sex? Im like even more confused now emo

Why is it a factor? What can an LGBT person provide that you couldn't get out of a straight/cis friendship?
It sounds like she got desperate for love or some kind of romantic connection so she's turning to women. If she's only dated men in the past and has never really expressed an interest in women even in passing then she probably isn't bi. She for sure isn't gay.

Gaian

Well , a fundamental about all human individuals is that we are all different and unique in our very own ways. The consensus of the behavioral and social sciences and the health and mental health professions is that homosexuality is a normal and positive variation in human sexual orientation. In this video, this man explains the positivism of it extremely well.
Chiriyum
First of all, let me say that I love you guys <3 You make the world such a happy place ;u; i wish I had a gay best friend!
Anyway, I actually just thought about this. I had a friend who used to date guys, and then, when she had her recent break up, she went gay.
Um... well
I heard that being gay/bisexual etc was not a CHOICE, rather you were born like that.
I mean, if it's like... You can TURN gay, but you cant go back to straight, then.. that's something I never knew before...
Im so confused. Can anyone just turn gay?
I might be a little ignorant right now, but honestly, im just confused as hell.
What do you guys think?
Yes? No?
Do some people find it ignorant when people just turn gay or bisexual out of the blue?
Is there an age when someone should know exactly what they want?

Also, my opinion is my opinion. I believe what i believe. I have met some really nice gay people, which is why i stated what i stated above. Stop being so rude.

some say that sexuality is a fluid spectrum and that for some people it can change over time. I don't know how true that is sense i don't know anyone like that. i'd say thats an extreamly rare occurance if it is possible. alot of people go through exploration phases. for all we know you friend could be either trying to figure herlsef out or she may just be Bi or something. you cant really turn gay. what your attracted to is what your attracted to, but you do get to choose what you do with it.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Umbral_Necropolitan
I'm a MtF Transsexual and prior to HRT I didn't like men, after I had been on it for a while my sexual preferences went to liking both men and women.

Depending on my mood determines which I want more.

It's so strange how HRT pushes you (MtF) into liking guys more. I've always been in denial, but it DID wake me up some more. It's a crazy therapy. Wish it got me into liking women too though.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
The attraction is considered innate. You can't not be attracted to men if you are. Same with women. That said, you can totally choose a relationship even if you aren't attracted. She could be bi. She could be experimenting to see if lesbianism works for her. She could have been trying to convince herself she was straight by dating men. It's impossible to know, and ultimately irrelevant. She'll do what feels best, and go with whatever sexuality fits right on her.

High-functioning Lunatic

I really wouldn't let it bother you so.

From what you said and explained it sounds like your friend falls under the category as a "Grey".

Which means that their preferences or desires goes with the flow and they go for whomever or personality trait or junk or whatever floats their boat.

Just like the Rainbow, as the LGBT community is represented, people are gradients. No one is surely defined a color or a certain stance on anything, sure there are some die hards, but there are always things that vary.

I don't like labels since it is so confusing!

You really shouldn't let it bother you, since her love life does not effect you negatively in anyway. Go with the flow, and let it be.

Born with it, or Choice, who cares? Its variety that gets people to meet people and learn about new things and to learn about yourself. Even Heterosexuals will go through a change in preference of what they like in the opposite sex, one time they might like the sexy flaunty girl/boy, the next they might choose the mature and elegant, or later, somewhere in between. Relationships is what best fits you, its a learning experience for yourself.

So...yeah. Look into Grey if her preferences are really bothering, you again, it really shouldn't matter.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff