Welcome to Gaia! ::

First of all, let me say that I love you guys <3 You make the world such a happy place ;u; i wish I had a gay best friend!
Anyway, I actually just thought about this. I had a friend who used to date guys, and then, when she had her recent break up, she went gay.
Um... well
I heard that being gay/bisexual etc was not a CHOICE, rather you were born like that.
I mean, if it's like... You can TURN gay, but you cant go back to straight, then.. that's something I never knew before...
Im so confused. Can anyone just turn gay?
I might be a little ignorant right now, but honestly, im just confused as hell.
What do you guys think?
Yes? No?
Do some people find it ignorant when people just turn gay or bisexual out of the blue?
Is there an age when someone should know exactly what they want?

Also, my opinion is my opinion. I believe what i believe. I have met some really nice gay people, which is why i stated what i stated above. Stop being so rude.

Floppy Puppy

Well she could be experimenting since her relationships with men have gone south. Or maybe she was bisexual or gay all along. Sometimes people have a hard time coming to terms with their sexuality and will just date the opposite sex until they reach the point where they have to accept it. That's sometimes the case with gay men who are married to women until they're fifty and file for divorce because homosexual feelings don't go away, and if you try to smash them down, they usually get stronger.

I don't think there is a right age to know. Some people know they're gay from childhood and others don't know about it adulthood. Even if they know, it doesn't mean it's instantly accepted. Go to the Bible Belt of the United States, and try mentioning how great homosexuals are and how they should be married. It will not be met with, "I'm a totally rational person and see the logic in your side of the argument and have now decided to reconsider my own stance," but "God says blah blah blah judgy judgemental bullcrap my religion keeps me from thinking for myself blah blah blah gods will let's make every gay person scared because it's unnatural cause God".

Fuzzy Bibliophile

12,400 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
User Image I actually have to do a term paper on that.
People are attracted to what they're attracted to. They don't choose what they find attractive or how they feel about something, they just do.
Personally, I am attracted to the person not the genetalia. I am either bi or pansexual, don't really know which. Sometimes one doesn't realize that they are attracted to the same gender for a while, so it isn't "turning gay" but rather learning something about yourself you didn't realize before.

Hellraiser

apathetic frost173
Chiriyum
First of all, let me say that I love you guys <3 You make the world such a happy place ;u; i wish I had a gay best friend!
wtf

Devoted Pirate

Chiriyum
Anyway, I actually just thought about this. I had a friend who used to date guys, and then, when she had her recent break up, she went gay.
Um... well
I heard that being gay/bisexual etc was not a CHOICE, rather you were born like that.
I mean, if it's like... You can TURN gay, but you cant go back to straight, then.. that's something I never knew before...
Im so confused. Can anyone just turn gay?
I might be a little ignorant right now, but honestly, im just confused as hell.
What do you guys think?
Yes? No?
Do some people find it ignorant when people just turn gay or bisexual out of the blue?
Is there an age when someone should know exactly what they want?

Thing one, tranny is an extremely derogatory term. Don't use it. I use "trans folk" or "trans" or "trans people". Only time tranny is okay as a word, is if a trans person is choosing to reclaim it, or you are talking about a car part.

Not all lgbtq folk are good. Some are down right evil. If your friend used to date guys, then dated a girl, odds have it they are bisexual. I have dated men, and women, I remain bisexual.

Some people "turn gay" or actually act on their true natures, when they feel they are safe to do so. Thus the appearance of "turning". They were always that way inside, they just weren't okay or didn't feel safe acting that way. Think of it this way. You grow up in a house that only drinks Coke, but you really, really, really, like Pepsi. You choke down Coke until you find a time and place where you can fully support your Pepsi loving ways without fear of repercussion from your family, or others.

You are correct, being lgbtq isn't a choice.

An age? There is no specific age but I knew at about age 10 boys and girls made me feel all heart fluttery.

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

13,650 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Mystic White Raven
it isn't "turning gay" but rather learning something about yourself you didn't realize before.

Phantom

夢

I'll be your gay bestie !

Blessed Prophet

ectogasm
apathetic frost173
Chiriyum
wtf

Quotable Sophomore

3,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
apathetic frost173
Chiriyum
wtf

Wft indeed. That sounds like you just want a token gay friend, but, yes, as an asexual, I feel I was born this way. Analyzing my life prior to discovering I was asexual pretty much tells me my sexuality (or lack thereof) has always been drastically different from everyone else's. I just don't feel what they do and don't get what they do in regards to expressing their sexuality.

5,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Your friend could be bisexual or tried to cover up her sexual preference.

Demonic Phantom

Athena_flora
ectogasm
apathetic frost173
Chiriyum
wtf

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces