• Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Starship Angel
Chieftain Twilight

hola! ^_^
- ❈ -

Hi there! How are you?

I'm well. just chillinga t my girlfriend's mom's place for thanksgiving break. yourself? ^_^

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Harley Jade Linnea
Chieftain Twilight
Harley Jade Linnea
Chieftain Twilight
Harley Jade Linnea
Chieftain Twilight

that sounds like a good way to pose it... thanks. ^_^ I hadn't thought of that one before.

also, interesting idea, using wax so early. I suppose if it's good enough for kids at a ren faire it's good enough for intro to BDSM.

I realy feel like I am gonna be out of the game for a while though, at this rate... I can't help being nervous about introducing someone to this, even if she is interested in trying it.

I have teenagers and that was the first thing that came to mind, so I'm glad you like the description. If you use a wax that doesn't get too hot, like paraffin, it shouldn't be too scary for her. Its a soothing warmth really. It's understandable to be nervous. You could also have her peek in here too, to give her a bit of an understanding as well. She can ask questions if she has any and I'll at least try to answer them, on this or my main, Chitsa.

I think I'll introduce her to this place. ^_^ she could do to read up, ask questions and get answers. this realy would be my first time bringing someone into the fold. I'm normally faced with peopel who have at least some amount of experience already, even if they are newbies.

I completely understand. I'm the one who introduced my honey to BDSM. I'd had a bit of experience prior but he didn't have any. It was a slow process but eventually we ended up very much D/s with me submitting to him 24/7.

it must have been such a bonding experience. ^_^ teaching him how to Dom you must have been challenging. in my experience, the best Doms have always had a background in Submission. I admit that even though I'm a Switch, I sometimes feel most comfortable in the Sub position (which is how I got started).

We were both Switches in the beginning, but it was challenging, because I had to be sure to be clear on what I needed, but now he just knows and it makes me all giddy. I don't have to tell him, he even knows if i had a rough day at work and just need a cathartic release he'll take out the paddle and help me to relax.

I feel like me and my girlfriend are getting there. ^_^ she is so great at relaxing me when I have a bad day, and she's so grateful of everything I do for her in return. I think that just comes with living together.
Chieftain Twilight
- ❈ -

Listening to my guy talk about lifestyle stuff while I am trying to read xD

plans for the holidays? smile

Chieftain Twilight
Harley Jade Linnea
Chieftain Twilight
Harley Jade Linnea
Chieftain Twilight

I think I'll introduce her to this place. ^_^ she could do to read up, ask questions and get answers. this realy would be my first time bringing someone into the fold. I'm normally faced with peopel who have at least some amount of experience already, even if they are newbies.

I completely understand. I'm the one who introduced my honey to BDSM. I'd had a bit of experience prior but he didn't have any. It was a slow process but eventually we ended up very much D/s with me submitting to him 24/7.

it must have been such a bonding experience. ^_^ teaching him how to Dom you must have been challenging. in my experience, the best Doms have always had a background in Submission. I admit that even though I'm a Switch, I sometimes feel most comfortable in the Sub position (which is how I got started).

We were both Switches in the beginning, but it was challenging, because I had to be sure to be clear on what I needed, but now he just knows and it makes me all giddy. I don't have to tell him, he even knows if i had a rough day at work and just need a cathartic release he'll take out the paddle and help me to relax.

I feel like me and my girlfriend are getting there. ^_^ she is so great at relaxing me when I have a bad day, and she's so grateful of everything I do for her in return. I think that just comes with living together.

That's awesome. I hope things keep going well for the two of you.

*waves at Starship Angel* Hello and welcome.

And now I must be off for the night.
Harley Jade Linnea
- ❈ -

Good night smile

Magic Fairy

Raspberry Flavored Milk
Department of Mysteries

User Image Yes, but what if that person was wandering around and happened to pass a park or a school yard or something? I do understand what you mean though. :3

I personally find it's odd that is thought of as an issue. I do get it. You don't want to expose children to things that could negatively impact their childhood - things that are sexual aren't usually seen as children-friendly. However... when it comes to various stages of nudity I just don't get it. I understand it's cultural for us to at least be wearing underwear in public... well, bikinis or shorts, same thing. Children do grow up in nudist communities just fine. I personally would think possibly better because I feel there may be less body issues. What a person wears, or doesn't wear, doesn't really affect children if adults don't start with their hate and prejudices. It's actions that really matter. I guess if someone is walking around naked with a strap-on on or a butt plug in or is openly acting as furniture that there could be an issue. Maybe. Depending on where you are, n****e clamps could look like piercing-like and not be an issue... or just be another accessory. Here that would be the case, though, there may be a bit of nose turning. rofl I never got flack for wearing my collar, I doubt anyone would get flack for wearing n****e clamps here.

User Image When you and S c h a d 3 n f r e u d e put it like that, I can definitely see what you mean. While there are some people that can be damaged by things like that, a lot of them do turn out fine. I also thought about it, and I wear a titanium collar, that I'll probably continue to wear when I have kids. I guess that would kind of be considered exposing them to BDSM.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Starship Angel
Chieftain Twilight
- ❈ -

Listening to my guy talk about lifestyle stuff while I am trying to read xD

plans for the holidays? smile

well, I'll be spending all of thanksgiving break here. but when I come up I'm gonna catch up on missing thanksgiving with my family and my little sister's birthday, then take full part in the christmas and new years celebrations.

yourself?

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Department of Mysteries
Raspberry Flavored Milk
Department of Mysteries

User Image Yes, but what if that person was wandering around and happened to pass a park or a school yard or something? I do understand what you mean though. :3

I personally find it's odd that is thought of as an issue. I do get it. You don't want to expose children to things that could negatively impact their childhood - things that are sexual aren't usually seen as children-friendly. However... when it comes to various stages of nudity I just don't get it. I understand it's cultural for us to at least be wearing underwear in public... well, bikinis or shorts, same thing. Children do grow up in nudist communities just fine. I personally would think possibly better because I feel there may be less body issues. What a person wears, or doesn't wear, doesn't really affect children if adults don't start with their hate and prejudices. It's actions that really matter. I guess if someone is walking around naked with a strap-on on or a butt plug in or is openly acting as furniture that there could be an issue. Maybe. Depending on where you are, n****e clamps could look like piercing-like and not be an issue... or just be another accessory. Here that would be the case, though, there may be a bit of nose turning. rofl I never got flack for wearing my collar, I doubt anyone would get flack for wearing n****e clamps here.

User Image When you and S c h a d 3 n f r e u d e put it like that, I can definitely see what you mean. While there are some people that can be damaged by things like that, a lot of them do turn out fine. I also thought about it, and I wear a titanium collar, that I'll probably continue to wear when I have kids. I guess that would kind of be considered exposing them to BDSM.

personally, I'm of the mind that kids are better off seeing and learning about it early on. knowledge is power. better than being left in the dark and then finding out "on the streets" as it were.

when I was 6 I learned about sex. my mom was calm about it and just asked me "how did you think it worked, silly?" that's what I get for watching animal planet. xp xd
Chieftain Twilight

yourself?
- ❈ -

Going to my aunt's here in a bit

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Starship Angel
Chieftain Twilight

yourself?
- ❈ -

Going to my aunt's here in a bit

have a happy thanksgiving! biggrin

I'm thankfull for so much right now, even though I could still do to have more and better... ninja

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
I've started reading The Rituals of Dinner: the origins, evolution, eccentricities and meaning of table manners by Margaret Visser and I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations for other books related to manners? Or perhaps a reading list you would recommend that isn't necessarily kinky, but could have kinky applications?

Magic Fairy

Chieftain Twilight

personally, I'm of the mind that kids are better off seeing and learning about it early on. knowledge is power. better than being left in the dark and then finding out "on the streets" as it were.

when I was 6 I learned about sex. my mom was calm about it and just asked me "how did you think it worked, silly?" that's what I get for watching animal planet. xp xd

User Image I was very sheltered growing up. So I guess I don't know how it really affects a child. I remember my mom not letting me watch a movie with my 14 year old brother because she didn't want to "tell him what a b*****b was".

I can see how it could be good to explain to them early though. Especially since there are a lot of people who could easily take advantage of a naive young mind.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Department of Mysteries
Chieftain Twilight

User Image I was very sheltered growing up. So I guess I don't know how it really affects a child. I remember my mom not letting me watch a movie with my 14 year old brother because she didn't want to "tell him what a b*****b was".

I can see how it could be good to explain to them early though. Especially since there are a lot of people who could easily take advantage of a naive young mind.

yeh. I mean it can be awkward and scary to tell a child what it means to do so and so... but it isn't like a parent needs to detail every little thing right away. just that I think being a prude realy is taking it too far (pardon the wording).

the biggest danger I have seen as far as sexual education goes is lack of it, especially when they get older. and not to mention the complete sepperation of gender when it comes to sexual education. I benefitted so much from reading up on the puberty handbooks for both genders.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Raspberry Flavored Milk
I've started reading The Rituals of Dinner: the origins, evolution, eccentricities and meaning of table manners by Margaret Visser and I was wondering if anyone here had recommendations for other books related to manners? Or perhaps a reading list you would recommend that isn't necessarily kinky, but could have kinky applications?

you'd think I would... I should. but I don't. still, I'm glad to now know a title I need to pick up!

Shirtless Initiate

12,050 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Chieftain Twilight
you'd think I would... I should. but I don't. still, I'm glad to now know a title I need to pick up!

Hm. I'm not sure I'd recommend it at this point. I'm only 17 pages in, and that's all been on cannibalism. It's not really a how-to, its more of a scattered history book of sorts. I'm finding it rather interesting, but that could just because it opened with cannibalism, which I already find interesting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff